Richardson entering, no agent | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Richardson entering, no agent

Glad the NCAA changed the rule allowing them to go to combine and come back as long as they don't hire an agent. Let's hope he doesn't think it's great to be a 2nd rounder.

That's my fear, and likely why the Syracuse staff doesn't encourage declaring without an agent.

Many of these agents are scumbags and will work everyone around Malachi and make it seem like if he signs with his agency then Malachi will be a Top 10 lock. It happens. Kid declares without an agent. A couple of weeks later kid signs with agent. Gets picked in the 2nd round if at all.
Yep, I agree here. It's certainly good he hasn't signed with an agent yet, but they are for the most part scumbags as you said, and now that he is officially out there, they will descend like piranhas. Not to mention a late 1 st round GM who has nothing to lose in telling MR he will grab him at 24-30. It's definitely dicey. Color me concerned.

Good luck to Mali. Hope he gets the info he is looking for to make a strong decision one way or the other. I hope he isn't suckered into staying in the draft then watching his name called late or not at all.

Malachi as a guard up top is a luxury regardless of if he goes or stays... Battle starts at the 2 from day 1, Mal is our starting 3 or in the NBA next year. We are going to get another guard to plug into the rotation with Tyus and Frank...
Who shoots from the outside? Battle and Howard are not good outside shooters.

Hope Mal stays, but we are in good shape to weather this loss. Battle can and will do anything and everything that Mal can do...
I think everybody said that about Kalab when Ennis left. Gotta do what you want though. Hopefully he makes the best choice for him.

Battle reportedly shot 44% from 3 this year. I know ACC is a new world by comparison to what he saw this year, but he has perfect form. Why do you consider him to not be a good outside shooter?

I think Battle Starts at the 1 and Mal at the 2 if he returns.
if frank howard works on his shot this off-season I think he will start and get alot of minutes, he can already get to the basket and his court awareness speaks for itself. Battle is unproven so I guess whoever plays better in the fall will get the nod, I just think FH is going to be a really good player. jmho

Battle reportedly shot 44% from 3 this year. I know ACC is a new world by comparison to what he saw this year, but he has perfect form. Why do you consider him to not be a good outside shooter?

Yep. Battle is capable of shooting better than 35.3%.

Sorry if answered already but how many players are offered the early evaluation? Every player who declares without signing an agent isn't provided with an evaluation are they?
I saw an article as of Saturday morning 34 undergrads have declared without an agent (on Sunday I saw 3 players from Washington State also entered with no agents) so with them and Mal it is at least 38.
32 have entered and hired an agent.
Throw in the foreign players and seniors there will be a lot of kids declaring hoping just to make the D league.

Maybe I'm in the minority, but I want what's best for Syracuse basketball. I'm not genuinely concerned with the welfare of strangers so why bother with the pretense?

I liked this because it pleases me when people just come correct and not hide behind the facades that are "you can play in front of 30,000 people! Top ten team! National TV! Playing for Syracuse is teh awesome!"

You want MR here because he will help us win games. No BS. Bravo sir.

We may be over valuing Mal's 3point shooting a little because of the Tournament, he wasn't a deadeye sharpshooter from 3... Battle, Lydon, and hopefully, a graduate transfer provide "enough" from distance. I think our inside game will be rock solid next year, also transition game as well...

We may be over valuing Mal's 3point shooting a little because of the Tournament, he wasn't a deadeye sharpshooter from 3... Battle, Lydon, and hopefully, a graduate transfer provide "enough" from distance. I think our inside game will be rock solid next year, also transition game as well...
No, Mali profiles as the team's volume 3-point shooter, so he will be incredibly important to next season's team.

What inside game?

because from everyone, everyone, I know and trust, they say shooting isn't a positive for him.

Right decision. I got nothing but love for Mali -- that 8 minute stretch in an elite 8 game as a freshman vs. the best defender in the country will go down in 'Cuse history. Even if he left tomorrow he did more for us than most freshman have (save Melo and GMac).

Hope he comes back for obvious reasons but you definitely couldn't say his career here was a disapointment

Apparently a scout told Brent Axe that the wrong guy declared, and Lydon would be a borderline lottery pick had he declared this year fwiw.

It is interesting that Lydon is the guy more valued by the pro scouts. I don't think a lot of people on the board see it this way.

It's easily to replace the shooting but it ain't easy to replace the clutchness, kid's been ridiculously clutch for a freshman.