RIP Chris Gedney | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

RIP Chris Gedney

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nothing really to add. This news is making me very sad
Adding my favorite memory of him, as a fan.

Syracuse vs. West Virginia. Graves drills the WV goon on the helmet (well deserved, no penalty, justice!), then throws the TD to Gedney, who makes an amazing adjustment to catch the pass. My voice is permanently shifted down a semitone from that game.

d0e7991e-f7e5-4a0f-8ffb-746afe54cb25.jpg

I thought Gedney was so cool as a kid. No wonder why. Look at that!

Adding my favorite memory of him, as a fan.

Syracuse vs. West Virginia. Graves drills the WV goon on the helmet (well deserved, no penalty, justice!), then throws the TD to Gedney, who makes an amazing adjustment to catch the pass. My voice is permanently shifted down a semitone from that game.
I learned a lot about West Virginia fans that day. I was sitting in the corner on the same side but at the end away from the riot and ensuing TD, but the stadium turned from a happy place to an angry place very quickly.

Graves started the melee that got a couple of their good defensive players ejected from the game, then created a lot of drama before Gedney for the win. I only met him one time and love the guy he was and became, but that day created the memory of him I'll carry with me. I was there with someone that worked for me, proudly wearing my new Syracuse sweatshirt in a sea of Mountaineers. As we left, I got shoved around by separate angry WVU fans that felt the game was stolen from them. Good times, good times...

I didn’t realize Gedney lived with ulcerative colitis. My Dad developed that when he was around age 40. It’s a huge lifestyle adjustment having to live with a colostomy bag.

Did the team wear a helmet sticker or honor CG in any way in 2018? I don’t recall any such mention of him in that manner.

At every College Gameday show, there's that one tear-jerking Tom Rinaldi segment. If we host, I'm sure ours will be about Gedney.

I brushed away tears reading this. So, so, so sad. I had some casual/business dealings with Chris and it was hard to say you had met a more kind person as him. This article is so heartbreaking. I hope the ex-players follow up and get something going with the athletic department for all of the former players that are struggling. It would be great if my Alma Mater became a leader in this area instead of a keeping their heads in the sand.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom