RIP Eli the guitar guy | Syracusefan.com

RIP Eli the guitar guy

Cuse1055

SU Video Maven
Just saw the sad news that Eli who always played his guitar outside of the Dome before and after games was hit by two cars last night and died. No matter the weather he was always outside the Dome playing his guitar and sharing words of encouragement to fans. Thank you for always bringing smiles to the faces of the orange faithful Eli! Rest In Peace.

Just saw the sad news that Eli who always played his guitar outside of the Dome before and after games was hit by two cars last night and died. No matter the weather he was always outside the Dome playing his guitar and sharing words of encouragement to fans. Thank you for always bringing smiles to the faces of the orange faithful Eli! Rest In Peace.
I am sorry to hear this. He seemed like a good guy and was a fine guitar player.

RIP Eli.

Damn. He is a Syracuse icon. I literally just added his album to my Spotify library on Monday. I will miss him!

2020 is a completely unacceptable year. Not only was he at cuse games but concerts, plays, festivals, basically any large gathering of people in the city. He would sit in for shows with certain local musicians like Joe Driscoll and other acts at funk n waffles. Told me to stay in school whenever I walked by him at a young age and whattya know I did, so that definitely didn't hurt. He did not deserve to go out in that fashion and he cannot be forgotten when we return to collective celebrations of life after this mess is over.

Aw man, that sucks. He was a very pleasant guy -- was always nice to see him outside plying his trade, and I was always happy to toss him a few bucks because he was so enthusiastic and friendly. An institution outside the Dome, in my book.

RIP.

How do you get hit & run by TWO CARS??!!

That’s ridiculous.

Sounds terrible. Forgive me for asking, was this the African-American gentleman that was always playing and singing in a boisterous fashion out by the Geology building on football game days?

Edit: From Bomber's post, it appears to be. Very, very sorry to hear this. He brought a lot of joy and positive energy to Saturdays and always directly engaged the little Shrmdougluvrs. What a marvel. We'll miss him come September for sure.

Last edited:
I drove by the scene last night, saw a mangled bicycle and about 7 cop cars around it. Obviously didnt know who or what happened to at the time, but I assumed whomever was riding the bike didnt make it. Sad sad scene.

So sad. I hope they get whoever did this. Their will be a huge hole in the game day experience for all of us. I know he also played on the corner of University and Marshall.

Nooo, that’s awful news. Unreal. Such an awesome person with a kind heart. I guess he is needed upstairs to entertain some different folks. Glad to have had the pleasure of meeting him, and chatting throughout the years like lifelong pals. You will be missed man.

Wow. So sad, walking past him on the way to the dome and on the way out was part of the dome experience. I always made sure to give him a dollar and if we had a big win I’d throw the guy a 5. I’ll miss him.

My favorite line of his was “if you got a ticket, kick it”. RIP Eli

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom