Rob Edson' wake today... | Syracusefan.com

Rob Edson' wake today...

cto

Administrator
Hours were supposed to be 4-8 p.m. I went there as soon as I got to Syracuse at about 3:30. The line already serpentined through the entire interior of the funeral home, out the door and around the building. Among the folks I saw were Herm Frazier, Matt Park, Matt Roe, Dr. Rafael, Chris Gedney, Jason Poles and DCCuse. Later while checkiing into hotel, I chatted with Mike and Debby Tirico who were also checking in. They had flown in from Michigan today to atted the wake and the funeral.

I waited in line for an entire hour at the funeral home before I got to see Sue. She's a very strong woman but this tragedy has been so overwhelming for her. Based on the 100's of people there before 4 p,m,, I fear there will still be a huge line there at 8, making it an even longer, tougher day for her, . But what an outpouring of love there today. I hope she felt it.

Last edited:
I fear there will still be a huge line there at 8, making it an even longer, tougher day for her.

Very sad for her and her kids. I'm sure the shock will last for a very long time.

Hours were supposed to be 4-8 p.m. I went there as soon as I got to Syracuse at about 3:30. The line already serpentined the entire interior of the funeral home, out the door and around the building. Among the folks I saw were Herm Frazier, Matt Park, Matt Roe, Dr. Rafael, Chris Gedney, Jason Poles and DCCuse. Later while checkiing into hotel, I chatted with Mike and Debby Tirico who were also checking in. They had flown in from Michigan today to atted the wake and the funeral.

I waited in line for an entire hour at the funeral home before I got to see Sue. She's a very strong woman but this tragedy has been so overwhelming for her. Based on the 100's of people there before 4 p,m,, I fear there will still be a huge line there at 8, making it an even longer, tougher day for her, . But what an outpouring of love there today. I hope she felt it.

Thank you for sharing. Such a shame the wrong things happen to the good people. Bless.

To follow up on cto's post- The line was around the building when I arrived at 7. The fact that Sue was still able to greet each and every person in line after 9 says a lot about her strength. I cannot imagine how difficult that must be to do, but when you walked through and saw all the family photos you realized the true legacy that Rob Edson left, and why so many of us felt that we had to pay our respects.

Someone told me that OCC sent their teams over in buses and among the people there when I was in line were Doug and Helen Marrone (and many of the SU coaches now on the Buffalo staff), HCSS and family, and a host of others who have been lucky to have known the Edsons.

I had the good fortune of being able to talk with close college friends of Rob and Sue and it was clear that they were a perfect match from the beginning. Please keep Sue, Thomas, and Tracey in your thoughts and prayers

Well said. Also great to see many athletic teams there from OCC (I saw men's lax, women's volleyball, men's soccer, women's softball and women's lax). Saw a lot of other individuals from SU athletics there besides the ones CTO mentioned. Met in line a very interesting gentleman whose son is on the travel lax team with Rob's son. In fact he was waiting for a bus of that team to arrive to support Thomas. I feel that Rob would have liked that random strangers were meeting and making connections because of him. As Joyce said, the line was huge and it took me about 90 minutes to get in the door. Such a wonderful outpouring of love and respect for Rob. There were flowers everywhere from people of all walks of life, but a few of note: ESPN, NY Yankees, Jim and Juli Boeheim, the athletic departments from WV, Tulane, Auburn and UConn, and also Coach Addazio. Seeing Sue up there alone was heartbreaking. My friend Mark drove up from Md and we both knew Rob and Sue from our days at SU. Rob was actually Marks RA. Met Robs parents and the father was amazed at how many people were there for Rob. I'm not. He was that loved and respected. RIP Rob.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom