Rob Konrad - shots fired | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Rob Konrad - shots fired

Status
Not open for further replies.
Another example to long for the days when you could say something stupid and have it fade away minutes later. Thanks to the web and especially social media, your dumbass moments are eternal.

And I guarantee we’ve all had dumbass moments!

1702734398331.gif

We all have mentors and roll models from whom we derive inspiration and seek to emulate characteristics thereof. I have taken from Coach Brown only the utmost of respect and admiration of those from that era as well as the entire program. He has never referenced them as peers or friends. Instead they have influenced his day to day. Note too he had enough of a relationship with Coach D that I believe he said during his press conference that his spouse checks in with Coach D’s widow from time to time. I think it is great that Coach Brown honors the past as there is so much to be proud of with this program and University. In him, I see a fan of the program like us who won the lottery and is now the head coach!

As far as damage to the program, I don’t think any of these kids that will and are visiting the program care about Rob’s version of something that HCFB has mentioned on his relationship with former X coach.

They are here because of a relationship to a coach or two. Most probably never have not heard of Rob and if they have I doubt a post at 3 am will supersede what they have built up with these coaches.

Last edited:
I am not alumni, never played football, but I live and die all sports Syracuse. Most of the time when I’m not working I’m wearing some type of SU hoodie with a SU tee underneath.
That being said when I listened to Frans interview with Matt Park I was blown away, I wanted to suit up.
When the rest of the country thinks about Syracuse football it is always 44, Brown, Davis, Little, Csonka etc.
But more recently there was McPherson, Graves, Mcnabb, Freeney, Harrison, Morris, Ismail, Johnson some really good football players and some awesome teams and they beat some really good football teams, and to hear Fran talk about Deleone, Coach P, the hire made sense.
The hibernation of Syracuse football is over, it has woke up and left the cave and is ready to eat.
That is my rant, I love this forum and enjoy reading everyone’s posts and insights.
Since HCFB’s hire I refresh my phone every 5-10 minutes!

GO ORANGE!!

As far as damage to the program, I don’t think any of these kids that will and are visiting the program care about Rob’s version of something that HCFB has mentioned on his relationship with former X coach.

They are here because of a relationship to a coach or two. Most probably never have heard of Rob and if the have I doubt a post at 3 am will supersede what they have built up with these coaches.
This matters to us..a limited amount of old men who like to get our panties in an uproar when someone says disrespectful on the internet. This has no impact on 18 yr old kids making big decisions in their life. They have no idea who George DeLeone or Rob Konrad but do know Fran Brown is and they like him.
Seems to me that due to his background and core values Fran Brown will dismiss this adolescent behavior with the offhand unimportance to his life and goals as it deserves. And we should too.

Last edited:
All I can think is this was driven by alcohol or CTE.

I hope he is okay.
One of my business partners and mentors was Tommy Joe Crutcher. I believe Tommy is in the TCU HOF and he was a FB for the packers back when Vince was coaching. He actually dated Vinces's daughter. Long story short we were in KC one night having dinner at Plaza three with Dick and Pete Retzloff another board member of mine and also a mentor and one of our group was hammered. Started getting on Dick about something back in the Philly days.
Tommy got up from his chair walked over to Walt put his hand which was as big a catcher's mitt over Walt's mouth and told him " Now Walter why don't you tell your friend the Whiskey man to shut his F ing mouth and lets all get back to having a good time. Classic Tommy.
Hopefully someone tells Rob to put the whiskey man away as I'm sure his post was done when he was two sheets to the wind.

One of my business partners and mentors was Tommy Joe Crutcher. I believe Tommy is in the TCU HOF and he was a FB for the packers back when Vince was coaching. He actually dated Vinces's daughter. Long story short we were in KC one night having dinner at Plaza three with Dick and Pete Retzloff another board member of mine and also a mentor and one of our group was hammered. Started getting on Dick about something back in the Philly days.
Tommy got up from his chair walked over to Walt put his hand which was as big a catcher's mitt over Walt's mouth and told him " Now Walter why don't you tell your friend the Whiskey man to shut his F ing mouth and lets all get back to having a good time. Classic Tommy.
Hopefully someone tells Rob to put the whiskey man away as I'm sure his post was done when he was two sheets to the wind.
You know, I never really thought about this, but Vince Lombardi had so many great professional achievements and is so famous for legendary coaching accomplishments, it's easy to forget he likely had a family and was a son, husband, and father.

What I'm really trying to get at, this daughter of Vince Lombardi your mentor dated... she hot?

I would just let this go. RK obviously knows he made a mistake. People have written much worse things on social media. Yes this is reflective of very poor judgment and it is embarrassing. That is the punishment. It has zero impact on the Syracuse program. I am sure he will apologize for it. I am sure he has gotten a ton of texts about it. I am sure Fran will graciously help unwind this publicly at some point. He is part of the football family after all.

Ultimately it does show how tricky FB alumni relations can be. Unless we hired Steve Addazio, Randy Edsall or Marty Morningwheg over the last few cycles you just cannot keep everyone happy.

Hopefully Cuse can get RK on campus for a game this year. He is an important piece of Cuse FB history and can do a lot to support the program.

You know, I never really thought about this, but Vince Lombardi had so many great professional achievements and is so famous for legendary coaching accomplishments, it's easy to forget he likely had a family and was a son, husband, and father.

What I'm really trying to get at, this daughter of Vince Lombardi your mentor dated... she hot?
No idea but some of the story's told about Vince were the best. There was one about Paul getting in trouble in NYC which I will share. Basically, Vince called a team meeting and said " I'm sure you all heard the stories about our brother Paul getting into trouble last night. I want everyone to know that when you are asked about it you have to tell the truth, no lies. Now here is the truth."

My friends and partners were very much involved in the NFL and football in general. Pete was an all pro for Philly and became their GM. Walt was an executive with CBS and great friends with Dick V together these guys produced some excellent work including the Road to the Super bowl. Great guys that I miss every day.

I would just let this go. RK obviously knows he made a mistake. People have written much worse things on social media. Yes this is reflective of very poor judgment and it is embarrassing. That is the punishment. It has zero impact on the Syracuse program. I am sure he will apologize for it. I am sure he has gotten a ton of texts about it. I am sure Fran will graciously help unwind this publicly at some point. He is part of the football family after all.

Ultimately it does show how tricky FB alumni relations can be. Unless we hired Steve Addazio, Randy Edsall or Marty Morningwheg over the last few cycles you just cannot keep everyone happy.

Hopefully Cuse can get RK on campus for a game this year. He is an important piece of Cuse FB history and can do a lot to support the program.

The next day is always the worst. I've been there (far too often).

It does seem like he has a lingering issue since Addazio wasn't hired. I recall that group led by him, trying to push it.

Time heals all wounds, and I hope Fran meets with him, lets him clear the air (or vent), and they all move forward together.

Well I completely missed it and I’m back on the east coast so I suspect a lot will. Not sure what he was thinking.

I don’t understand this. Why try to undermine the program now of all times?? Ick with a capital D.

Sounds like Rob wanted a coach that would bring back the FB position (Addazio) lol. In all seriousness, his comments makes no sense. Fran wants alums back and involved. He is trying to tap into the past and Rob has been critical of other coaches who havent done that. So what's the problem? Fran thinks highly of Deleone PP and Addazio and wants to bring SU back to when they were winning with those guys. That's bad how?

He said "keep George name out your mouth' as if he was saying bad things about him. Fran was the opposite. He praised George and said he played a major role in his development as a coach. What am I missing? It just sounds like Rob expected SU to allow him to pick the coach. Now he is bitter about it. He will get over it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RDembowski

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom