Rob Konrad - shots fired | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Rob Konrad - shots fired

Status
Not open for further replies.
Isn’t he also one of the “greats” who said NO to giving Tucker #44? Guy seems to be all about himself and what he wants.
This. All of this. He thinks he owns that number. Of everyone that wore it he is not even in the top 5.

I screenshotted it and will reference every time he wants to be relevant. I used to respect the man but the last year he has done so much damage to his own image.

Sounds like Rob wanted a coach that would bring back the FB position (Addazio) lol. In all seriousness, his comments makes no sense. Fran wants alums back and involved. He is trying to tap into the past and Rob has been critical of other coaches who havent done that. So what's the problem? Fran thinks highly of Deleone PP and Addazio and wants to bring SU back to when they were winning with those guys. That's bad how?

He said "keep George name out your mouth' as if he was saying bad things about him. Fran was the opposite. He praised George and said he played a major role in his development as a coach. What am I missing? It just sounds like Rob expected SU to allow him to pick the coach. Now he is bitter about it. He will get over it.
Might be mad Fran didn't hire Steve

This. All of this. He thinks he owns that number. Of everyone that wore it he is not even in the top 5.

I screenshotted it and will reference every time he wants to be relevant. I used to respect the man but the last year he has done so much damage to his own image.
Fran should unretire the number just to spite him and reference this slop if there is any pushback. Offer it to LQA publicly.

Well - Rob just personified the “nothing good happens after midnight” saying. Hopefully he learns from it. I suspect by tagging Pete Thamel of all people he will.

I didn’t get a chance to see it, but it sucks that “we do this to ourselves”. I mean a mid 40’s, alum, successful businessman, taking to Twitter at 3am? You can’t make this crap up. Grow up, make a phone call to ADJW if you have a problem. Grow the….up.

I thought it was Floyd’s widow that stopped it being unretired for Sean. I have no inside knowledge just that it’s beyond ridiculous none of our RBs can wear it.
I’m pretty sure Konrad had a tweet or statement around that same time about not being supportive of unretiring the number too.

Interesting. Do you guys remember that media guy asking Fran where he sat? Thought it was a very odd question. Putting that together with what Conrad wrote makes one wonder...hmmm.

Last things I'll say here: Konrad has a lot of apologizing to do next week considering all the players and alumni he'll see in his neighborhood with the bowl game in town.
I can’t imagine any of the non 44 alumni like him holding the number hostage either. Pushing for it to be unretired should be his penance for this.

The next day is always the worst. I've been there (far too often).
1702740734872.jpeg

Another example to long for the days when you could say something stupid and have it fade away minutes later. Thanks to the web and especially social media, your dumbass moments are eternal.

And I guarantee we’ve all had dumbass moments!
He could have “said” anything he wanted. He chose to post it online.

A grown adult tweeting like a petulant teenager, apparently.

He bought the ticket, he can take the ride.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RDembowski

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom