Roberson controls the dominoes in Committing | Page 8 | Syracusefan.com

Roberson controls the dominoes in Committing

I'm not embarrassed to say I have a kegorator in my mancave bar with half keg of Coors Light.
Why the hell would you? You have a kegorator it doesen't get much better than that!!!

So if Roberson commits that means we're out of it for Dakari, right? :(

So if Roberson commits that means we're out of it for Dakari, right? :(
Unless McCullough stays in 14, Dakari waits until spring to decide, and someone leaves early to free a scholly.

No. He is waiting until spring to sign so if DC3 or RAK jump we will have a spot for him.

Coors light...and for fancy beer big blue moon guy, I just had a Dos Equis for the first time a coupe weeks ago and that was very good.

What about you!

Avery - The Kaiser
Hacker Pschorr - Oktoberfest
Weihenstephaner - Hefeweissbier
Paulaner - Oktoberfest
Can't remember the name of the Belgian brewers - Gulden Draak
Dogfish Head - Theobroma
Southern Tier - Pumpking

Avery - The Kaiser
Hacker Pschorr - Oktoberfest
Weihenstephaner - Hefeweissbier
Paulaner - Oktoberfest
Can't remember the name of the Belgian brewers - Gulden Draak
Dogfish Head - Theobroma
Southern Tier - Pumpking
sounds down right unamerican...What are these...they dont sell these at a 'Cuse game do they...geez.

Avery, Dogfish Head and Southern Tier are all american brewers. Cali, Delaware and NY respectively I believe.
Remember though beer was being brewed across the pond for quite a while before the USA was in existance.

Weihestephaner (German) is one of the oldest brewers in the world and although famous for their Hefeweissbier their Original which is a Helles Lagar is world class.

Duvel is probably the best beer in the world, its Belgian.

Plenty great stuff brewed everywhere in every style these days though.

I need to dry out a bit, get off the Tanqueray and Sailor Jerry so I can enjoy my beer properly again.

Back to the topic at hand. This is one of the more interesting last spot or two left situations I can remmeber. It would be great to get Roberson but could mean better things if he goes elsewhere since Lawrence and Wiggins are lurking in the spring.

Think I'll celebrate when the time is right with a Founders Breakfast Stout or Backwoods Bastard :)

N
Back to the topic at hand. This is one of the more interesting last spot or two left situations I can remmeber. It would be great to get Roberson but could mean better things if he goes elsewhere since Lawrence and Wiggins are lurking in the spring.

Not sure I agree that Lawrence would be better.

one in the hand beats two in the bush.

Agreed its hard to say, but Lawrence has a higher ceiling IMO.
Just an impression which could be dead wrong, but it seems to me Lawrence in set on being 1 and done while Roberson might be good enough to be a stud for us but just under the leave early bar so we could keep him a long while.

sounds down right unamerican...What are these...they dont sell these at a 'Cuse game do they...geez.

OK, maybe this will help. Irrespective of geography, the respective ABVs are:

Kaiser = 9.1% (past years were 10%+)
Hacker Pschorr Oktoberfest = 5.8%
Weihenstephaner = 5.4%
Paulaner Oktoberfest = 6.0%
Gulden Draak = 10.5%
Theobroma = 9.0%
Pumpking = 8.0%

Do they sound any better to you now?

Avery, Dogfish Head and Southern Tier are all american brewers. Cali, Delaware and NY respectively I believe.
Remember though beer was being brewed across the pond for quite a while before the USA was in existance.

Weihestephaner (German) is one of the oldest brewers in the world and although famous for their Hefeweissbier their Original which is a Helles Lagar is world class.

Duvel is probably the best beer in the world, its Belgian.

Plenty great stuff brewed everywhere in every style these days though.

I need to dry out a bit, get off the Tanqueray and Sailor Jerry so I can enjoy my beer properly again.

Yeah, US is making awesome beer except for the piss from Budweiser, Coors, Miller, etc. They are putting rice, yes RICE into beer as a filler because they are cheap bastards. That tastes like boiled corn, vegetables, etc.

The craft microbrew stuff from the ones above and Lagunitas/Stone/Rogue/Bell's/Great Lakes/Three Floyds/Russian River is great. Pale Ales, IPAs, porters, stouts. US is where it's at.

Duvel is an entry level Belgian trappiste ale. Good but it dosn't touch the Westvleterens, Westmalles, St. Bernardus, Rochefords, etc.

Duvel is an entry level Belgian trappiste ale. Good but it dosn't touch the Westvleterens, Westmalles, St. Bernardus, Rochefords, etc.

Concur with this assessment. Rochefort 8 and 10 are ridonkulous. St. Bernardus Abt 12 is niiiiiiiicccceeee.

We should start a board (or take over the OT board) to discuss this stuff.

OK, maybe this will help. Irrespective of geography, the respective ABVs are:

Kaiser = 9.1% (past years were 10%+)
Hacker Pschorr Oktoberfest = 5.8%
Weihenstephaner = 5.4%
Paulaner Oktoberfest = 6.0%
Gulden Draak = 10.5%
Theobroma = 9.0%
Pumpking = 8.0%

Do they sound any better to you now?

St. Bernardus Abt 12 is 10% but always seems like it hiyts harder.

La Trappe Quad (formally known as Koninghoven) is a boosier better tasting IMO Quad that is also 10% bt doesn't seem to pack as much punch IMO.

Sammichlaus is a beer that will get you messed up at 14%! Its a dopple that has some boosiness but is really rather smooth for 14% and goes right down after a cioouple sipps. I drink a fair bkit but 3 of these in half an hour and you are bommed.