Roberson controls the dominoes in Committing | Page 9 | Syracusefan.com

Roberson controls the dominoes in Committing

Concur with this assessment. Rochefort 8 and 10 are ridonkulous. St. Bernardus Abt 12 is niiiiiiiicccceeee.

We should start a board (or take over the OT board) to discuss this stuff.

Ha. Those are excellent ones. I can't crush those high octane tripels/quadrupels like I did in my 20s. This summer I was really into Belgian sours. Petrus Aged Pale (98 BA-World Class) and Cuvee de Jacobins. SO sour and refreshing in the summer.

Yeah, US is making awesome beer except for the piss from Budweiser, Coors, Miller, etc. They are putting rice, yes RICE into beer as a filler because they are cheap bastards. That **** tastes like boiled corn, vegetables, etc.

The craft microbrew stuff from the ones above and Lagunitas/Stone/Rogue/Bell's/Great Lakes/Three Floyds/Russian River is great. Pale Ales, IPAs, porters, stouts. US is where it's at.

Duvel is an entry level Belgian trappiste ale. Good but it dosn't touch the Westvleterens, Westmalles, St. Bernardus, Rochefords, etc.

Duvel may be well known but to me its neither a BSPA or a Triple. Its unique increadibly smooth and drinkable by all even those that arent really into beer. Give them a Duvel and they will like it give them a great quad and they will run for the hills. I love Abt 12, Roc10 and La Trappe (Koningshoven) but if given the choice at all times I'd drink more Duvel. I've never had a Westy so I won't comment on them.

I've had RR Pig and Elder which are just excellent. Over all I agree with your assesment that the US is cranking out great IPA, Ports, stouts and PA's.

Duvel may be well known but to me its neither a BSPA or a Triple. Its unique increadibly smooth and drinkable by all even those that arent really into beer. Give them a Duvel and they will like it give them a great quad and they will run for the hills. I love Abt 12, Roc10 and La Trappe (Koningshoven) but if given the choice at all times I'd drink more Duvel. I've never had a Westy so I won't comment on them.

I've had RR Pig and Elder which are just excellent. Over all I agree with your assesment that the US is cranking out great IPA, Ports, stouts and PA's.

No doubt it's good and you can drink Duvel and put down a few more of those than the others. Abt 12 and the Westys are just better products. I'll take a Duvel anyday!

I can't get those Russian Rivers in OH or KY! Dying to try Elder. Pig, etc.

No doubt it's good and you can drink Duvel and put down a few more of those than the others. Abt 12 and the Westys are just better products. I'll take a Duvel anyday!

We could squable all day and yet be very happy with any of them. Too each there own in the end.

The first great Quad I had was Abt 12 and it blew me away. Duvel has simply grown and grown on me over time to be my favorite. I love them all though.

We could squable all day and yet be very happy with any of them. Too each there own in the end.

Yep. Unibroue makes really good Belgian replications. La Fin Du Monde and Trois Pistoles are great.

You really can't go wrong with Duvel, Chimay or St. Bernardus. 3 of the greatest Belgium Abbey style beers out there.

I can't get those Russian Rivers in OH or KY! Dying to try Elder. Pig, etc.

Used to trade on BA and lucked out when I started meeting a guy just getting into it that lived about 5miles from RR! Never got the Younger and traded all the Sours/Wilds I got because the more extreme Saisons I've tried were already pushing me. Big and Elder were rediculous and the guy who sent them to me said not having it on tap was miossing out.

Yep. Unibroue makes really good Belgian replications. La Fin Du Monde and Trois Pistoles are great.

Bang for your buck its hard go beat, especially lfdm.

Used to trade on BA and lucked out when I started meeting a guy just getting into it that lived about 5miles from RR! Never got the Younger and traded all the Sours/Wilds I got because the more extreme Saisons I've tried were already pushing me. Big and Elder were rediculous and the guy who sent them to me said not having it on tap was miossing out.

Oh man. Nice. Lucky! I may have trade on BA.

You really can't go wrong with Duvel, Chimay or St. Bernardus. 3 of the greatest Belgium Abbey style beers out there.

Amazing it took this long for Chimay to come up. I'm a fan of the Red over the Blue, has this weird woody twiggy flafor that I just love the after taste of.

Coors light...and for fancy beer big blue moon guy, I just had a Dos Equis for the first time a coupe weeks ago and that was very good.

What about you!
I'm drinking Villanova tears, and they taste delicious.

Isn't Coors Canadian now and Budweiser Belgium or something? Thought they both got bought out recently.

I like to support local breweries if I can (middle ages, empire brewery) or at least stay American (Sierra Nevada, Lagunitas, southern tier, etc.)

If anyone finds any good Roberson highlights on the world wide Web, please share. Ive only found one on YouTube that was a less then a min and tape from a Roselle Catholic game that is a 3/4 part series. Decent but way to long to watch while at work

Isn't Coors Canadian now and Budweiser Belgium or something? Thought they both got bought out recently.

I like to support local breweries if I can (middle ages, empire brewery) or at least stay American (Sierra Nevada, Lagunitas, southern tier, etc.)

InBev, a Brazilian company runs them now. They have changed the formulas to cut costs. The stock is doing great on Wall St., but Bud, Beck's and Stella are now in their hands. Beck's is being manufactured in the US now and basically blows. Their sales dropped something like 14% in the last year. Bud sales are off, too, but the stock is skyrocketing from all the cost cutting. Just read an article about them in Business Week.

If his grades are good enough to qualify, he will reclassify. That's the word anyways, have to believe the staff knows DC2 and/or Xmas are goners otherwise it really won't work

If his grades are good enough to qualify, he will reclassify. That's the word anyways, have to believe the staff knows DC2 and/or Xmas are goners otherwise it really won't work
I hope he stays in 14. Even if (for example) DC2 has told JB flat out he's gone after this year, I'd hate to rely on that 100%. He tweeks a knee and needs a year to show he's healthy, just has an unexpectedly rough transition... whatever, and plans change. Would be a lot easier to just have McCullough stay in 14, get Roberson now, and if someone goes after this season grab Lawrence or Dakari in the spring.

I hope he stays in 14. Even if (for example) DC2 has told JB flat out he's gone after this year, I'd hate to rely on that 100%. He tweeks a knee and needs a year to show he's healthy, just has an unexpectedly rough transition... whatever, and plans change. Would be a lot easier to just have McCullough stay in 14, get Roberson now, and if someone goes after this season grab Lawrence or Dakari in the spring.

Your last sentence is unrealistic. Lawrence won't commit here if we have Roberson and McCullough coming in the next year, and if McCullough stays in 2014 and both Roberson and Lawrence sign this year then Mccullough will re-open his recruitment. We can't ever get all three.

Your last sentence is unrealistic. Lawrence won't commit here if we have Roberson and McCullough coming in the next year, and if McCullough stays in 2014 and both Roberson and Lawrence sign this year then Mccullough will re-open his recruitment. We can't ever get all three.

Truth, and to add to that on a somewhat unrelated note, I do like that the staff is actively bringing in top 20 talents but sprinkling in the Ron Patterson's and BJ Johnson's, who seem at this point to be program kids. I imagine by the time those kids are seniors they'll be great college players. Johnson could blossom too, especially if he keeps growing and filling out...

Lawrence seems himself as one and done (from everything I've read, granted he's not in my kitchen right now). Assuming he does, then he and McCullough would have zero impact on one another if McCullough stays in 14 which we will know by the time Lawrence chooses in the spring.