Roberson mid-range | Syracusefan.com

Roberson mid-range

AlaskaSU

Build a dorm, burn the locker rm. upgrade the dome
He has been pretty good recently from the line. Foul shooting is generally correlated to mid-range shooting. Perhaps he should be taking some of those mid-range opportunities that he gets?

I think you're both right. It was frustrating to see him first very hesitant to shoot it early on this year, and then secondly when he did, JB would rip him. His form has always looked fine to me, he has just fought with his confidence and commitment to the shot. But with a good March this year, that element of his game could be the next progression for next year, as a late in the shot clock option. And if he ever learns to exploit the mismatches he had so many times this year, he'll be a stud.

He has been pretty good recently from the line. Foul shooting is generally correlated to mid-range shooting. Perhaps he should be taking some of those mid-range opportunities that he gets?
Please god no. He has not even been close on the mid-range jumpers. I think he could probably do it with enough practice but right now he has a severe case of the yips with his J and has zero confidence. If anything I wish he would take it strong to the hoop but he's such a spaz on those... it's amazing to me how such an otherwise talented athlete can be so bad at the rim. If only we had one guy on the roster who could set a pick and finish a roll.

Sure, in the middle of the range between zero and one foot.

Now is not the time to experiment with him.

I think he would first get the below...

He did swish that one J a few games ago. Same game that Frankie also hit a J.
JB said in the presser that he knew we couldn't lose then, if those guys were hitting jumpshots. :D

it's maddening sometimes that he doesnt take those 5-10 foot shots. he can make them. it would change the whole dynamic of the offense if he took and hit a few.

At times I think his mid-range has looked okay, he's just too mechanical, and too much thought seems to go into it. He's always been like that though - he'll do a spin move, and finish like you would expect to see from an AA. Then next time he'll hesitate, travel, still try the spin and the ball will end up out of bounds.

At this point, I wouldn't want him to do it. Just let him focus on kicking azz the same way he has been - I don't cringe when he shoots though. I figure it has as good a shot as going in as some others that people wouldn't object too strongly to.

His problem is the hesitation...He wants to pull the trigger but hesitates and the defender comes up on him.

I believe continued effort in further perfecting his two hand tomahawk rim-rattler jam serves us better the next 1 (or hopefully 2 ) game(s).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom