Robert Anae to NC State | Page 10 | Syracusefan.com

Robert Anae to NC State

Maybe this is a wake up call to the SUAD. I know they have been pouring resources into the program, but that was just catch up. The amount of money these coaches are going to be getting is going to be shocking. Are we going to compete or content on cashing checks from the ACC? At least we can promote Beck, which ultimately may work out as a win, but guess what? If he is successful they’ll be coming for him next. We can’t be losing coaches to conference opponents. It just can’t happen.

This is also why when you get to 6-0 you have to up expectations and make it count because there is no more rebuilding in CFB. If your not one of the halves you are going to be bullied with the big boys taking your lunch money.

I really hope this is a wake up call and Babers can get the money to pay his assistants.

There is nothing but rebuilding in CFB.

Is there any hard evidence that Anae and Babers didn't get along?

So Nick Monroe is "Swag"?
0342CC85-F217-4520-A9FA-D26A66897F38.jpeg

Compared to guys you have a good feel for the game, call good plays at good times, who don’t destroy their offensive line and running game and who don’t go under center to call toss sweeps on 3rd and goal from the inch line after butchering the first two play calls to begin with.

Anea was worlds better than Gilbert but still nothing great. The offense held the team back this year.
Yea Anae was trying to force a team built to run the ball into something they weren’t. Anyone would make Gilbert look bad, but I feel we sort of squandered an offense that set rushing records the year before by forcing the pass with only 1 receiving weapon. He also called some bizarre plays in certain situations. I actually think he would have got better as we recruited more towards his offense, but he’s definitely a square peg to a round hole type of guy. Plus I’m a bit ticked off for taking a job at NC ST of all places.

I really wish all of these moves would just happen after the bowl season. I’m sure there’s a reason for it and that reason is probably the portal but all of this just feels rather distasteful.

The fans look forward to the bowls (some of us at least). So do most of the players. This would sting a lot less if it would just happen after the bowls. I mean seriously.

A man has to do what’s right for his family, I’m an adult I get that. But my goodness this is ruthless.

Yea Anae was trying to force a team built to run the ball into something they weren’t. Anyone would make Gilbert look bad, but I feel we sort of squandered an offense that set rushing records the year before by forcing the pass with only 1 receiving weapon. He also called some bizarre plays in certain situations. I actually think he would have got better as we recruited more towards his offense, but he’s definitely a square peg to a round hole type of guy. Plus I’m a bit ticked off for taking a job at NC ST of all places.

The two-man game between Shrader and Tucker that was getting them both 150 yards a game in 2021 disappeared. Shrader ran the ball but it was on scrambles and draws, not the 'zone read'.

I really wish all of these moves would just happen after the bowl season. I’m sure there’s a reason for it and that reason is probably the portal but all of this just feels rather distasteful.

The fans look forward to the bowls (some of us at least). So do most of the players. This would sting a lot less if it would just happen after the bowls. I mean seriously.

A man has to do what’s right for his family, I’m an adult I get that. But my goodness this is ruthless.
Reason: Early signing day is less than two weeks away

So, I took a couple of hours and finished a book I was reading, And then I saw my football world further imploded. White was a surprise. I always felt the Anae hire was to get Beck, and that Beck would eventually be our OC. I think the friction with Dino accelerated this step. This may have been in the works for a couple of weeks, and not so much a today surprise. I have not read all 10 pages of this thread, and already know and have not read the thread on Beck. But overall, I am excited about Beck. Also his wife is seriously the best twitter cheerleader for the program. She tweets positive things all day long about our program, our players, and our school. She is a secret asset. Also, let's not forget that White came to us after only 1 year at ASU.. He is looking for his quickest path to the top of the ladder, and I always figured if we didn't have an opportunity to make him a head coach his days with us were numbered.

Also, let's not forget that White came to us after only 1 year at ASU.. He is looking for his quickest path to the top of the ladder, and I always figured if we didn't have an opportunity to make him a head coach his days with us were numbered.
I agree. But that’s why I think it’s odd leaving and going to a bigten school and starting over. Who knows how he’ll do in a run heavy league. He probably could have just stayed here another year and would receive a HC offer. Makes me think something is up with Dino

I agree. But that’s why I think it’s odd leaving and going to a bigten school and starting over. Who knows how he’ll do in a run heavy league. He probably could have just stayed here another year and would receive a HC offer. Makes me think something is up with Dino
I may have to stay away from here for a couple of days. I can't take all of this change at once. Get it all figured out, and then I will go back and catch up...

So in less than 12 hours..

- DC gone to Nebraska
- Finally new information on Dome seating
- OC gone to NC State
- QB coach to be new OC
- Possible Swag Daddy promotion
- Many players reacting on Twitter

The two-man game between Shrader and Tucker that was getting them both 150 yards a game in 2021 disappeared. Shrader ran the ball but it was on scrambles and draws, not the 'zone read'.

The flip side is passing the ball more helped them win more games than last year

No, I think Bronco called Dino with the recommendation. Wildhack did not hand pick them.

My mistake. I could have sworn I remember reading JW introduced them and then he received a phone call from Bronco. But I can not find it anywhere and I have given up looking.

Do we have evidence Dino was tinkering with it though?

I think Anae is good, but some calls aren’t great this year and he tends to overthink. Beck has massive potential.

I do agree the whole we told Anae to move on is pure copium.
Yes because Dino has said as much in interviews that it was going to be a mesh of there systems. That I definitely read and just read it again tonight skimming through articles.

You don’t take another job and go out and recruit. That doesn’t make sense.

People do this literally every day. Just because you interview for a job, it doesn’t mean you just stop doing your current job. You still partake in the job that you currently have because you don’t know if you will get that new job you interviewed for. I am sure he wasn’t the only one NC State interviewed. If your boss is firing you and telling you to move on, they don’t then give you a big project to do on your way out. They basically send you home with pay to finish off your 2 weeks. That isn’t recruiting. He was not forced out.

Is there any hard evidence that Anae and Babers didn't get along?
Babers threw him under the bus in press conferences multiple times. They were shown having heated exchanges on sidelines. I do not have any inside sources, so it is just reading tea leaves for me. But it just didn’t appear to be a healthy relationship.

You are right. But that is his offense. Would it be nice if he was able to adjust a little bit more. Sure, of course it would. But I’m his 15 years before Syracuse he really only had a bad offense 2 years. And it was the first 2 years at Virginia.

Black Flag, Fugazi, Merciful Fate, Johnny Winter, Motörhead, Type O Negative, Faster pussycat are some off the top of my head. There’s a lot more. I think The Police played near sky top or something. I’d much rather talk about this than Dino’s coaching staff exodus…
The Police played Firebarn first then Uncle Sams/country club whatever the name was on Erie then the Dome

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom