Robert Anae to NC State | Page 16 | Syracusefan.com

Robert Anae to NC State

This whole transfer portal world is awful (as predicted).

Let’s assume Sellers signs and does really well here. The minute Beck leaves (unless he becomes the HC here), Sellers will likely follow him.

Take Brennan Armstrong as an example. He should have followed Beck/Anae to Syracuse, likely would’ve beaten out Shrader and would’ve probably had a much better year than with the new VA staff.

We are so screwed.

I actually think the portal is better for us, honestly.

We can snag guys that are 4 stars or even higher maybe that are just stuck behind other players on football factories or maybe just not getting the attention they want bc of how good everyone else is.

I think we have way more access to high level recruits now then we did before.

I'm fine with it. I know they aren't perfect, but Shrader and CDRW are both 4 star recruits (not saying they are world beaters). You keep dropping in four stars at positions and you'll hit eventually.

So that prediction of an Anae / Armstrong reunion that we poo poo- ed has some legs. Would think there both going to be at NC State next year.
Good, do we play NCSU next year?

Sure Marlowe, Caleb and Leon wont mind laying some more hits on Armstrong.

I took a look at the schedules and 2025 is a scary year. Not sure whether to laugh or cry.

Saturday, August 31st Tennessee Atlanta, GA Chik-Fil-A Kickoff, ABC or ESPN
Saturday, September 6th UCONN
TBD at Notre Dame
Saturday, September 27th ARMY
TBD at Clemson
TBD at Florida State
TBD VIRGINIA TECH
TBD NORTH CAROLINA
TBD at Wake Forest
TBD at Virginia
TBD PITTSBURGH
TBD BOSTON COLLEGE

Im glad we’re not playing NC State again next year. I can’t deal with these goobers on twitter again. They talk so much trash and then when you beat them soundly they say it doesn’t count. Low down dirty scoundrels.

Huh? We've been paying our assistants. There is no wake up call necessary. This is what CFB looks like in 2022.
Exactly. We’re always playing catch up. Always reactive, not proactive. If we were paying our assistants they wouldn’t be leaving for conference opponents. Whatever everyone thinks if we want to compete we have to pay more. What they’re doing now was just catch up. Pay isn’t going to stay the same. It’s going to keep increasing. So no we haven’t been paying our assistants market value for 2022

Exactly. We’re always playing catch up. Always reactive, not proactive. If we were paying our assistants they wouldn’t be leaving for conference opponents. Whatever everyone thinks if we want to compete we have to pay more. What they’re doing now was just catch up. Pay isn’t going to stay the same. It’s going to keep increasing. So no we haven’t been paying our assistants market value for 2022
For the ACC yes as of recent.

What kind of wake up call? Coordinators leave bama, uga and clemson. In the eyes of the football world, we succeed relative to our expectations. That means the people who did that become attractive. This is the goal. The job of the program is to be attractive enough to grab the next guy. Odd that we can’t see this.
Coordinators leave those schools to become head coaches, not lateral moves to be a coordinator in the same conference. The goal is to be able to obtain successful hires not always be on the defense being the ones reacting. How about we stop playing catch up and start paying staff members who are successful likes it’s 2022. It’s odd that you think having to hire a new OC or DC every year is normal ? Right now we’re the kids at school getting their lunch money taken whenever we have something good. Hard for some people to hear, but you have to Adapt or die.

You think Anea left solely for money?

I actually think the portal is better for us, honestly.

We can snag guys that are 4 stars or even higher maybe that are just stuck behind other players on football factories or maybe just not getting the attention they want bc of how good everyone else is.

I think we have way more access to high level recruits now then we did before.

I'm fine with it. I know they aren't perfect, but Shrader and CDRW are both 4 star recruits (not saying they are world beaters). You keep dropping in four stars at positions and you'll hit eventually.
Yeah, we'd be going ABSOLUTE-LAY BANANAS if a guy like CD-RW signed with us out of highschool. We wouldn't even understand it. Might even be suspicious about it. Because we don't get the guys out of highschool.

But out of the portal... completely different story.

Coordinators leave those schools to become head coaches, not lateral moves to be a coordinator in the same conference. The goal is to be able to obtain successful hires not always be on the defense being the ones reacting. How about we stop playing catch up and start paying staff members who are successful likes it’s 2022. It’s odd that you think having to hire a new OC or DC every year is normal ? Right now we’re the kids at school getting their lunch money taken whenever we have something good. Hard for some people to hear, but you have to Adapt or die.
Tim Beck didnt leave for a HC job. Neither did unc’s oc.

We pay our assts very well. JW opened the wallet and made it happen. White was the 5th highest paid employee on campus. But no, we’re not going to pay $1.5m - $2m for a coordinator like some B10 and SEC schools are.

We pay our assts very well. JW opened the wallet and made it happen. White was the 5th highest paid employee on campus. But no, we’re not going to pay $1.5m - $2m for a coordinator like some B10 and SEC schools are.
^^This^^ Bees is right. No, we are not going to set the market for coaching salaries. But it has been identified as a priority, similar to the move toward facilities upgrades and support staff additions. But, the fact remains that B1G and SEC schools have the resources to take pretty much whoever they want. This is the reality.

We are going to very good next season. Better than this season.

We should be, on paper. But our D line is still small, we just lost one of our starting DEs to the portal, and we lost both our coordinators. We're probably going to be missing a half dozen to a dozen of all that depth that we're counting on for next season.

We should be, on paper. But our D line is still small, we just lost one of our starting DEs to the portal, and we lost both our coordinators. We're probably going to be missing a half dozen to a dozen of all that depth that we're counting on for next season.
starting de? when did that happen?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom