Robert Braswell on transfer rumors: ‘I’m most likely coming back’ | Syracusefan.com

Robert Braswell on transfer rumors: ‘I’m most likely coming back’

For anyone else who just read the headline and didn't feel super confident, there are other statements in the article that will help ease your fears.

“It’s been talked about,'' Braswell said, "but it’s not something I’m really considering.’’

Braswell said he has considered his future but seems likely to return to Syracuse for the 2020-21 season.

"I was weighing my options, but not really anymore,’’ he said. "I’m most likely coming back.''

He is the best option right now to replace Hughes production. As he can shoot.

I don't expect it to end up this way, but I think Braswell at 3 would make for a more complimentary forward tandem playing alongside either Guerrier / Dolezaj, then those two starting together.

Will be interesting to see how it all plays out.

I don't expect it to end up this way, but I think Braswell at 3 would make for a more complimentary forward tandem playing alongside either Guerrier / Dolezaj, then those two starting together.

Will be interesting to see how it all plays out.
Marek is arguably our best “basketball player” in terms of his skill set and QG has the highest ceiling out of anyone and would definitely help our rebounding. But if neither of them get a consistent outside shot , it opens up a chance for Bras

This seems like good news. The thing w his legs though is just weird - per the article he says he feels better after resting a bunch so his legs weren't taking a "pounding" - but what happens after a summer/fall of (presumably) constant playing? guess time will tell

He is the best option right now to replace Hughes production. As he can shoot.

He might be able to replace some of Hughes 3 point shooting(which is what I assume you meant), but it would be pretty much the most unexpected thing ever if he replaces Hughes’s production as our leading scorer.

If this kid can be healthy and produce, particularly as an outside threat, Guerrier can continue his strong improvement and become a double digit scorer, and Marek can take his game to another level and get 15+ ppg, we’ll be ok at the forward spot. Need this kid to be like a Southerland type sniper. IMO.

On the flip side, I doubt many programs will take a flyer on him with his health issues.

He might be able to replace some of Hughes 3 point shooting(which is what I assume you meant), but it would be pretty much the most unexpected thing ever if he replaces Hughes’s production as our leading scorer.

If this kid can be healthy and produce, particularly as an outside threat, Guerrier can continue his strong improvement and become a double digit scorer, and Marek can take his game to another level and get 15+ ppg, we’ll be ok at the forward spot. Need this kid to be like a Southerland type sniper. IMO.
I agree with Southerland comp.

Which only hurts the fact our talent has gone down hill and we seem content to roll with the starting back court as our top options in the backcourt. We are going to need Dolezaj and Guerirer to be dominant and consistently dominant. If they aren’t we will struggle to score.
Most ACC teams and all top 25 teams have atleast one Dolezaj type player on their team.

I agree with Southerland comp.

Which only hurts the fact our talent has gone down hill and we seem content to roll with the starting back court as our top options in the backcourt. We are going to need Dolezaj and Guerirer to be dominant and consistently dominant. If they aren’t we will struggle to score.
Most ACC teams and all top 25 teams have atleast one Dolezaj type player on their team.

Agreed. And it’s also important that Kadary is ready to make an impact as a freshman, and does. We could use a guard that can penetrate and score.

It would be nice to have a shooter coming off the bench. He changes the look of the offense when he comes in. It’s always good when it forces the defense to make adjustments when you sub. Bras coming in with Kadary would make a good tandem.

It would be nice to have a shooter coming off the bench. He changes the look of the offense when he comes in. It’s always good when it forces the defense to make adjustments when you sub. Bras coming in with Kadary would make a good tandem.

He looked extremely active defensively as a freshman at times. I remember thinking he had the look of guys like Fair, Southerland, Grant in terms of being both long and quick with jumping ability - could cover ground and wreak some havoc with steals/blocks.

He showed none of that this year, but when the reports of his leg problems came out that made sense.

If he can get healthy, he could potentially be a sleeper who seemingly comes out of nowhere as a solid contributor.

So what do we think?

G (80 minutes): Buddy 35, JG 32, Kadary 12
F (80 minutes): Marek 32, Q 28, Bras/Woody 20
C (40 minutes): Sidibe 30, Edwards/JBA 10

What I hope:
G: Buddy 32, Girard 28, Kadary 20
F: Marek 33, Q 27, Braswell 15, Newton 5
C: Sidibe: 28, Edwards 12

What I think:
G: Buddy 36, Girard 35, Kadary 9
F: Marek 33, Q 35, Braswell 12
C: Sidibe 28, Marek 5, Edwards 7

What I hope:
G: Buddy 32, Girard 28, Kadary 20
F: Marek 33, Q 27, Braswell 15, Newton 5
C: Sidibe: 28, Edwards 12

What I think:
G: Buddy 36, Girard 35, Kadary 9
F: Marek 33, Q 35, Braswell 12
C: Sidibe 28, Marek 5, Edwards 7

Agree with both, especially what you hope for. But one factor that could help Braswell get more minutes if is Marek and Q keep fouling like it's their job.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom