Robert Braswell on transfer rumors: ‘I’m most likely coming back’ | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Robert Braswell on transfer rumors: ‘I’m most likely coming back’

On the flip side, I doubt many programs will take a flyer on him with his health issues.

Mentioned this in the other transfer thread. Lower body issues like his are especially troubling given the movement basketball requires on a surface that's not friendly to your body to begin with.

JBA has a sadz reading this thread.

In a perfect world, we never HAVE to play Marek at the 5.

Now, there may be times where that’s a matchup nightmare in our favor, and also, JB does JB things, so he’ll likely get some run there, even if we have 3 (or even 4? IF we get a xfer Big) other dudes who could play there.

Hmmm...So if Bras is coming back and I dream about Eli coming back he could certainly fill the 4th guard need. Personally I have no guess on Eli as I have been wrong almost every time so why bother.

His sample size is so limited it's tough to pencil him into a role in my opinion. Personally I think JB has decided what kind of player he is and he won't log a lot of PT

Don't know about that. Given the injury situation and his physical impairments, I wouldn't draw any conclusions from last year. Similar to Sidibe heading into this year, where we weren't certain about what his physical capabilities would be until he proved he could run / jump / play without impairment.

If we don't bring anyone else in, Braswell and Newton are the backup options [emphasis on "options"] at forward. I'd think that as a third year sophomore, Braswell would have a leg up if he's healthy.

IF he's healthy, he'd be given every opportunity to work into the lineup. Will he be able to chip in as a rebounder and three point shooter? Remains to be seen -- but it isn't difficult to envision him coming in for either forward, and being able to play alongside either Guerrier / Dolezaj. Seems like a classic Syracuse 'tweener forward.

Last edited:
Don't know about that. Given the injury situation and his physical impairments, I wouldn't draw any conclusions from last year. Similar to Sidibe heading into this year, where we weren't certain about what his physical capabilities would be until he proved he could run / jump / play without impairment.

If we don't bring anyone else in, Braswell and Newton are the backup options [emphasis on "options"] at forward. I'd think that as a third year sophomore, Braswell would have a leg up if he's healthy.

IF he's healthy, he'd be given every opportunity to work into the lineup. Will he be able to chip in as a rebounder and three point shooter? Remains to be seen -- but it isn't difficult to envision him coming in for either forward, and being able to play alongside either Guerrier / Dolezaj. Seems like a classic Syracuse 'tweener forward.
Two legs up!

I don’t get the love for braswell here. Rumors are he can shoot but there is hardly a sample size for that. He hasn’t done it in games or proven he can do it over a season. If at best he’s a catch and shoot guy he doesn’t bring that much to the table IMO and I don’t know why people are so high on him. Not only is he coming off an injury but he hasn’t looked good offensively or proven he can rebound and outside of a few mins playing D his freshman year vs Clemson he hasn’t really done anything defensively. He needs to add muscle and prove that he is healthy before I’d pencil him in for anything. But again other than being able to shoot (so we hear) I don’t see him as the answer. I think Woody can get more mins than him.

I don’t get the love for braswell here. Rumors are he can shoot but there is hardly a sample size for that. He hasn’t done it in games or proven he can do it over a season. If at best he’s a catch and shoot guy he doesn’t bring that much to the table IMO and I don’t know why people are so high on him. Not only is he coming off an injury but he hasn’t looked good offensively or proven he can rebound and outside of a few mins playing D his freshman year vs Clemson he hasn’t really done anything defensively. He needs to add muscle and prove that he is healthy before I’d pencil him in for anything. But again other than being able to shoot (so we hear) I don’t see him as the answer. I think Woody can get more mins than him.
True dat. Time for him to go.

We really do suck as fans.

So what do we think?

G (80 minutes): Buddy 35, JG 32, Kadary 12
F (80 minutes): Marek 32, Q 28, Bras/Woody 20
C (40 minutes): Sidibe 30, Edwards/JBA 10
sigh, i miss the good ole pre-coronavirus days when a projection post like this wouldve accounted for 300 minutes a game and nearly an egual amount of points.

Good response. Makes sense.
Lots of people have seen good offense from him. You seem to question that and are falling back on the just wait till this freshman comes in and shows he can play a complicated defense and get into the flow of the offense, just like Hughes did in his third year.

Literally will never grow tired of that. It’s proven true once in the years I’ve been watching. His name was Melo.

Id say Sidibe 25, JBA/Edwards 15, outside of that i agree with it

Depends on foul trouble and Sidibe's activity level. I mean, if he comes back at the level he was playing at the end of this season, then he's going to be getting 30 mins/game. Even if the numbers aren't quite as good as they were in those games (roughly 10 pts, 12 rebounds/game) he's still going to be someone we lean heavily on.

Lots of people have seen good offense from him. You seem to question that and are falling back on the just wait till this freshman comes in and shows he can play a complicated defense and get into the flow of the offense, just like Hughes did in his third year.

Literally will never grow tired of that. It’s proven true once in the years I’ve been watching. His name was Melo.

Lol what? Not sure your comment makes any sense again. I still don't get the hype you want to praise on him nor do i think its warranted. "Lots of people have seen good offense from him", like who? Where have you seen this offense because it certainly hasn't been in games. He missed basically this entire year so it obviously wasn't this year. From what i remember of him when he played, he didn't have a post game, he could hardly dribble, wasn't aggressive at all when he was rebounding but showed some nice anticipation and understanding of the zone when he played vs clemson. Really all he wanted to do was stand in the corner and shoot threes. Also i don't recall him hitting any meaningful jump shots outside of maybe one, although he did hit a few in garbage time and does seem to have a nice stroke. Now that doesn't mean he cant improve but since he was injured all of this year i'm willing to say his improvment wasnt as great as it should have been and he is still as string bean.

Also not sure what melo has to do with any of this so no idea where your going with that one. But please, i have open to ears to you proving me wrong/changing my mind or saying something that might prove your point rather than a dumb sarcastic comment.

Depends on foul trouble and Sidibe's activity level. I mean, if he comes back at the level he was playing at the end of this season, then he's going to be getting 30 mins/game. Even if the numbers aren't quite as good as they were in those games (roughly 10 pts, 12 rebounds/game) he's still going to be someone we lean heavily on.
I hope JB uses Sidibe and Edwards like he did with Forth and McNeil. He just kept rotating them in to stay fresh.

I don't expect it to end up this way, but I think Braswell at 3 would make for a more complimentary forward tandem playing alongside either Guerrier / Dolezaj, then those two starting together.

Will be interesting to see how it all plays out.
What's nice is, if he's healthy, Braswell offers something completely different than Guerrier or Dolezaj. That should at least give him an opportunity to get on the floor.

Lol what? Not sure your comment makes any sense again. I still don't get the hype you want to praise on him nor do i think its warranted. "Lots of people have seen good offense from him", like who? Where have you seen this offense because it certainly hasn't been in games. He missed basically this entire year so it obviously wasn't this year. From what i remember of him when he played, he didn't have a post game, he could hardly dribble, wasn't aggressive at all when he was rebounding but showed some nice anticipation and understanding of the zone when he played vs clemson. Really all he wanted to do was stand in the corner and shoot threes. Also i don't recall him hitting any meaningful jump shots outside of maybe one, although he did hit a few in garbage time and does seem to have a nice stroke. Now that doesn't mean he cant improve but since he was injured all of this year i'm willing to say his improvment wasnt as great as it should have been and he is still as string bean.

Also not sure what melo has to do with any of this so no idea where your going with that one. But please, i have open to ears to you proving me wrong/changing my mind or saying something that might prove your point rather than a dumb sarcastic comment.
Never mind. Not Interested in the least in getting into any more pissing matches about this team.