Robert Braswell on transfer rumors: ‘I’m most likely coming back’ | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Robert Braswell on transfer rumors: ‘I’m most likely coming back’

Of all the freshmen, I think Braswell seemed the most comfortable on the floor. He was smooth in his movements and as simple as it might sound, looked like a basketball player.
His shooting stroke was good and he did play decent defense.
Likely a better athlete than most of the rest of the team.

Yes, I'm biased since day one. I just think a team in a couple years of Braswell, Edwards and hopefully Q will be great.

Lol what? Not sure your comment makes any sense again. I still don't get the hype you want to praise on him nor do i think its warranted. "Lots of people have seen good offense from him", like who? Where have you seen this offense because it certainly hasn't been in games. He missed basically this entire year so it obviously wasn't this year. From what i remember of him when he played, he didn't have a post game, he could hardly dribble, wasn't aggressive at all when he was rebounding but showed some nice anticipation and understanding of the zone when he played vs clemson. Really all he wanted to do was stand in the corner and shoot threes. Also i don't recall him hitting any meaningful jump shots outside of maybe one, although he did hit a few in garbage time and does seem to have a nice stroke. Now that doesn't mean he cant improve but since he was injured all of this year i'm willing to say his improvment wasnt as great as it should have been and he is still as string bean.

Also not sure what melo has to do with any of this so no idea where your going with that one. But please, i have open to ears to you proving me wrong/changing my mind or saying something that might prove your point rather than a dumb sarcastic comment.

He had an exhibition game where he hit like 5 or 6 3’s.

He’s 5-8 from 3 for his career. Obviously extremely limited - but also good. 9-12 from the FT line. Also extremely limited, but good. There’s nothing wrong with suggesting like it appears like this kid can shoot.

Hallelujah! Instant offense off the bench. And he seems active, and long enough to play well enough on D. Probably only gets 10 MPG, with QG and Marek going 35 a piece, but we need him for the future. I expect a big leap in his junior, and especially senior year. Kid can come in, and bombs away! Dirty South style. Just needs to hit the glass, and snag some weak side blocks to get more time.

Worst case, Woody is ready to roll as a frosh, and takes his minutes. Or we just roll with the QG/Marek combo, getting our points in the paint, and off of put backs. Plus the midrange game that MD has, and QG showed potential with. Best case, he hits 40% from deep, and spreads the floor more than a QG/Marek duo, allowing MD to run the offense from the high post. Finding shooters, and Sid down low for easy buckets with a little high low action. We haven’t done that since the Rick Jack/AO days

Most of this is moot if we add a grad transfer that steps in Eli’s role. Nice to have MD as a point forward to fall back on.

Hallelujah! Instant offense off the bench. And he seems active, and long enough to play well enough on D. Probably only gets 10 MPG, with QG and Marek going 35 a piece, but we need him for the future. I expect a big leap in his junior, and especially senior year. Kid can come in, and bombs away! Dirty South style. Just needs to hit the glass, and snag some weak side blocks to get more time.

Worst case, Woody is ready to roll as a frosh, and takes his minutes. Or we just roll with the QG/Marek combo, getting our points in the paint, and off of put backs. Plus the midrange game that MD has, and QG showed potential with. Best case, he hits 40% from deep, and spreads the floor more than a QG/Marek duo, allowing MD to run the offense from the high post. Finding shooters, and Sid down low for easy buckets with a little high low action. We haven’t done that since the Rick Jack/AO days

Most of this is moot if we add a grad transfer that steps in Eli’s role. Nice to have MD as a point forward to fall back on.

You realize 100 players...total..in the whole NCAA averages 35 mins a game.

It's not normal. We have somehow decided it's normal with this program.

It's not.

It's not.
It only makes sense if you have a player like Hakim Warrick or Zion Williamson.

Guys who are significantly more talented.

Not average players.

It's not.

Whatever you say man. These kids are 18-22, and ball their whole life, day after day. Marek rarely looks gassed, and he’s not a shooter. Probably 100 kids each year good enough to play the whole game, so not sure the point. 60 kids drafted each year, with a bunch of foreigners. Two drafts won’t even net you 100 college kids. And you figure they have two seasons tops when they are at their best. So, the 100 kids who get drafted are theoretically the ones playing that much, or it’s kids in the program for 4-5 years. No issue with Marek playing 35. QG is a physical specimen, and may not get that much, but if he does, so be it.

Whatever you say man. These kids are 18-22, and ball their whole life, day after day. Marek rarely looks gassed, and he’s not a shooter. Probably 100 kids each year good enough to play the whole game, so not sure the point. 60 kids drafted each year, with a bunch of foreigners. Two drafts won’t even net you 100 college kids. And you figure they have two seasons tops when they are at their best. So, the 100 kids who get drafted are theoretically the ones playing that much, or it’s kids in the program for 4-5 years. No issue with Marek playing 35. QG is a physical specimen, and may not get that much, but if he does, so be it.

No, not whatever I say.
Other coaches don't play guys like Marek 35 mins a game. They just don't.

You can disagree with other D1 (some even HOF) coaches, but those are facts.

No, not whatever I say.
Other coaches don't play guys like Marek 35 mins a game. They just don't.

You can disagree with other D1 (some even HOF) coaches, but those are facts.

Okay? And it’s your opinion that he shouldn’t. Gotcha. Seniors don’t play 35 MPG? Not sure what you mean by guys like Marek, as if he’s some scrub.

Okay? And it’s your opinion that he shouldn’t. Gotcha. Seniors don’t play 35 MPG? Not sure what you mean by guys like Marek, as if he’s some scrub.
What is the difference between Marek Dolezaj and a big like Nik Popovich from BC.

Dolezaj types are at almost every P5 team. He isn’t an all conference player.

Which is fine BTW. He is a good solid starter.

What is the difference between Marek Dolezaj and a big like Nik Popovich from BC.

Yeah. Keith Van Horn...35+ mpg

Marek...30-32 if he can stay out of foul trouble.

Not much difference, Marek is just more important for us, and the offense can flow through him. 10/6/3/1/1 a game, while 50% from the floor, so I don’t see why he should play 5 less MPG when his replacement won’t produce the same. 30 or 35, minuscule difference in terms of rest with TV timeouts, and halftime. You play 4 minutes, then sit for 4. QG probably allows him to sit more, if we add someone else.

Not much difference, Marek is just more important for us, and the offense can flow through him. 10/6/3/1/1 a game, while 50% from the floor, so I don’t see why he should play 5 less MPG when his replacement won’t produce the same. 30 or 35, minuscule difference in terms of rest with TV timeouts, and halftime. You play 4 minutes, then sit for 4. QG probably allows him to sit more, if we add someone else.

Im not a huge fan of Marek playing with foul trouble for multiple reasons.

One - once you’ve got 4, you become a turnstile in certain situations for the rest of the game.

Two - he doesn’t have the discipline or judgement to play with 2 in the first half or 3 early in the second.

Id rather have him in there when he can just be his scrappy, sometimes over aggressive self and not have to lose sleep over him diving and taking a guy’s ankles out 88 feet from the basket after missing a shot to pick up his 3rd with 5 minutes to go in the first half.

Subbing him out a little more would keep him out of foul trouble a bit IMO. Would also give him a little time to mentally refocus - which he seems to need.

He had an exhibition game where he hit like 5 or 6 3’s.

He’s 5-8 from 3 for his career. Obviously extremely limited - but also good. 9-12 from the FT line. Also extremely limited, but good. There’s nothing wrong with suggesting like it appears like this kid can shoot.
I don't disagree with you. His stroke looks very nice in the limited shots he's taken and rumors are he can shoot it. But i just don't see that being enough to warrant such large amounts of PT. Now if he can prove he can be a sniper in real minutes in real games than that's a different story but what happens when teams realize he can shoot and push up on him. He needs to put on weight though and needs to be able to do more than just shoot a standing still 3. His handle and his rebounding need to be there otherwise he wont help us much IMO. He's a good piece to have though where his upside is there if he can develop into a Southerland type.

30 or 35, minuscule difference in terms of rest with TV timeouts, and halftime. You play 4 minutes, then sit for 4.

The vast majority of D1 coaches disagree with this theory as they don't have multiple players averaging 35 mins a game.

The 4 best teams in the ACC this year. Guess how many guys they have that avg over 35 mins?

Jones on Duke and Clark on UVA. That's it. That's the list.

Not sure why I should be concerned with how FSU, and Hamilton do it. With his whopping 1 E8 appearance.

I mean... you are looking at complete extremes here.

not that concerning a statement, imho, given his health & the current state of affairs generally
Yeah I guess for a guy that’s exhibited a fairly limited skillset and basically sat out for 2 years he’d be more excited about the short roster in front of him.

I don't disagree with you. His stroke looks very nice in the limited shots he's taken and rumors are he can shoot it. But i just don't see that being enough to warrant such large amounts of PT. Now if he can prove he can be a sniper in real minutes in real games than that's a different story but what happens when teams realize he can shoot and push up on him. He needs to put on weight though and needs to be able to do more than just shoot a standing still 3. His handle and his rebounding need to be there otherwise he wont help us much IMO. He's a good piece to have though where his upside is there if he can develop into a Southerland type.
For a second there I thought you were talking about Jackson

you don’t get it.

Oh, I do. Marek isn’t the type of player that deserves it. Gotta be all-ACC, NBA talent for that, and not just a solid, experienced glue guy that does a little of everything. Though I’m not sure who would have made us better coming in for him. The stick figure Edwards, I guess. Lucky for Marek that JB is his coach, and not Hamilton. Now, he hopefully gets to strictly play his natural position, and can avoid foul trouble better not having to defend ACC centers with 50 pounds on him that put him in tough spots. Gonna need JBA, or Edwards to be ready for a bigger role.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KD95

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom