Robey | Syracusefan.com

Robey

AZOrange

Living Legend
dude...last game was brutal but today...holy cow he's like a shell of a player. Teams aren't within 10 feet! And he's standing under the rim on the weak side!

Didn't this dude average 13rpg in the tournament last year?

It's been a remarkable regression this season for an apparently healthy player. I don't know how to explain it.
He had a sequence in the first half where he had it wide open on the low block, looked to pass, then backed it out, the his defender just left him and he bricked a 10 footer.

Then at the end of the half he gets fouled going up and throws a pass backwards instead of toward the rim. Incredible.

It's frustrating thinking what a difference it would make if we could just have the Roberson from late last year in terms of rebounding and going after loose balls. We don't need points, but those rebounds and loose balls and energy would make such a difference.

It's not like he's gotten any better since Boeheim publicly emasculated the young man. How many of you can blame him for his level of confidence/motivation after the continual belittlement?
Sorry, that's just total crap. JB has coached him like this for his entire career, and he's played exceptionally well for long stretches before. He's on the floor these days with one guy who is a reasonably competent rebounder and defender, and yet he's a non-factor almost every night now in those areas.

Sorry, that's just total crap. JB has coached him like this for his entire career, and he's played exceptionally well for long stretches before. He's on the floor these days with one guy who is a reasonably competent rebounder and defender, and yet he's a non-factor almost every night now.

agreed. When you sign up to play high level D1 basketball you are not promised anything. Effort, intensity and focus keep you on the court. Robey has had none of that this year and doesn't deserve minutes

dude...last game was brutal but today...holy cow he's like a shell of a player. Teams aren't within 10 feet! And he's standing under the rim on the weak side!

The whole season has been brutal.

It's obvious his confidence is gone. It's sad to see how a player who finished so strong last year seems to have regressed so badly. And on defense, it's like he's trying to compensate by chasing the ball out on the perimeter, leaving a big hole under the basket. Where, I might add, we've been burned with boring regularity. I feel badly for the poor guy, for I'm sure it's far more frustrating for him than any of us can imagine. :noidea:

Captain,

Are you a reader of Self-help books?

Do you read articles from you wife's Women's magazines on weight loss?

Are you susceptible to "Psycho-Babble?

And finally, do you actually believe this crap about TR being destroyed psychologically by criticism? Or are you throwing that out there for consideration?

It's not like he's gotten any better since Boeheim publicly emasculated the young man. How many of you can blame him for his level of confidence/motivation after the continual belittlement?

Not the first player jimmy has publicly thrown under the bus.

It seems like he's thrown Robey under the bus privately a number of times before publicly doing so. The resulting injuries would explain his play.

It seems like he's thrown Robey under the bus privately a number of times before publicly doing so. The resulting injuries would explain his play.

That's your big mistake.

You are trying to explain his play. And you are trying to explain it with very limited information.

But you still feel compelled to try --- because you are frustrated and/or you want to vent --- so you concoct reasons to explain it.

Then when someone like me suggests your analysis is faulty, you say I am only saying that to defend JB.

And you somehow know how JB has handled Roberson privately?

No, that is why I used the word, "seems". However, all logic points to the fact that if he pisses on him like that in a brief public opportunity, that things happen in the much longer private opportunities they share.

That's your big mistake.

You are trying to explain his play. And you are trying to explain it with very limited information.

But you still feel compelled to try --- because you are frustrated and/or you want to vent --- so you concoct reasons to explain it.

Then when someone like me suggests your analysis is faulty, you say I am only saying that to defend JB.

Townie, I like you and much of what you said is correct. I like JB too, and even had a t-shirt of the guy over 20 years ago before some of these bandwagon/rich kids who inherited JB got on board. However, it doesn't mean I have to defend or agree with everything the guy does, right?

And your last sentence is something I have never done, if you check. You're thinking of many of the clowns on here, but not me.

No, that is why I used the word, "seems". However, all logic points to the fact that if he pisses on him like that in a brief public opportunity, that things happen in the much longer private opportunities they share.
I wouldn't make that leap in logic at all.

It's obvious his confidence is gone. It's sad to see how a player who finished so strong last year seems to have regressed so badly. And on defense, it's like he's trying to compensate by chasing the ball out on the perimeter, leaving a big hole under the basket. Where, I might add, we've been burned with boring regularity. I feel badly for the poor guy, for I'm sure it's far more frustrating for him than any of us can imagine. :noidea:

Pure guesses on your part.

Let me suggest an alternative analysis which I am completely unsure of (Just as you should be unsure of your own analysis.)

Suppose TR just doesn't give a damn anymore.

Suppose he has come to terms with the fact he isn't going to play in the NBA.

He knows JB isn't going to bench him Completely because he has already said so ("If I had anyone else Tyler Roberson wouldn't be on the floor!"

He is not fundamentally a competitive guy. He likes all the attention of playing but he really doesn't care all that much if we win or lose

Like I said, I don't necessarily believe this, but it every bit as credible and believable as your guess as to what happened to Tyler Roberson.

Pure guesses on your part.

Let me suggest an alternative analysis which I am completely unsure of (Just as you should be unsure of your own analysis.)

Suppose TR just doesn't give a damn anymore.

Suppose he has come to terms with the fact he isn't going to play in the NBA.

He knows JB isn't going to bench him Completely because he has already said so ("If I had anyone else Tyler Roberson wouldn't be on the floor!"

He is not fundamentally a competitive guy. He likes all the attention of playing but he really doesn't care all that much if we win or lose

Like I said, I don't necessarily believe this, but it every bit as credible and believable as your guess as to what happened to Tyler Roberson.

Wow talk about speculation.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom