Rocky Long | Page 30 | Syracusefan.com

Rocky Long

Don't know if this media conference transcript was posted before:

"I'm excited that Rocky might get to spend a little more time with his family in Durango, watching Hannah coach Queens College Volleyball or attending Debby's cutting horse competitions, which she is at a cutting horse competition right now. I hear she is looking for a good stable boy, Rocky. Rocky Long."

Where does Durango, CO enter in?
If his wife is a cutting horse competitor, she is probably used to traveling all over the country.
SparkMagneticOlena.jpg

Any Rocky Long sightings in Syracuse? If not we will be closing this thread out and opening a new one ;).

Well that's certainly interesting. Love the hire still, but wondering why Rocky flew all the way to SU if he was just vouching for Arnett...
Curious that after he visited McCloud was out...

Rocky promotes his guys a lot. When the UT reported Arnett was a possibility it was a gentle way to break the news to Aztec fans. Rocky staying at SDSU to be the DC. Which is what we wanted because he’ll be here for 3-5 years and get our next DC ready for when he retires. Works out beautifully for both programs.

I still want to know who leaked the info about Rocky Long’s flight to Syracuse to Pete Thamel.

It wasn’t Dino/SU.
Probably wasn’t SDSU; the AD sounded like he didn’t want any info about a coaching change released just yet.
Can’t figure out why Rocky’s agent would do this; Long apparently isn’t worried about money.

It’s a mystery to me

I still want to know who leaked the info about Rocky Long’s flight to Syracuse to Pete Thamel.

It wasn’t Dino/SU.
Probably wasn’t SDSU; the AD sounded like he didn’t want any info about a coaching change released just yet.
Can’t figure out why Rocky’s agent would do this; Long apparently isn’t worried about money.

It’s a mystery to me
Word is that Rocky doesn't have an agent.

It wasn’t Dino/SU.

It’s a mystery to me
Rocky doesn't have an agent.

It wasn’t Dino/SU.

It’s a mystery to me
Smokescreen because we were nervous other teams might try to beat us to Arnett?

Weird thought, I mean I’m sure it’s doubtful but...any chance Rocky is coming with Arnett to coach DBs?????

Rocky promotes his guys a lot. When the UT reported Arnett was a possibility it was a gentle way to break the news to Aztec fans. Rocky staying at SDSU to be the DC. Which is what we wanted because he’ll be here for 3-5 years and get our next DC ready for when he retires. Works out beautifully for both programs.

What's your read on this hire for Syracuse, the good and the bad? And how is Arnett as a recruiter? Your insight is greatly appreciated

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom