Roscoe Smith transferring | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Roscoe Smith transferring

UCon fans need validation from 'cuse fans. It's part of the natural order of the universe.

I think that next year may be Calhoun's last. He is becoming a liability, with the recurring health issues, and some negative relationships that he has with certain constituencies. Kemba's magic run is kind of like the Dwight Freeney football season. I think their recruiting has been slipping for a few years, and with the penalty next year and mass exodus, they face a big recruiting season next year - say they slip to a Seton Hall level team this season, and it's obvious Calhoun will be gone in a year or two. What happens then ? Are they still going to draw a bunch of top recruits ?

Like I said when Calhoun leaves will be the big test for UConns program. I wouldn't go as far as to say Calhoun is a liability but not as much of an asset as he was before.

Recruiting, not sure if I agree based on high school rankings. UConn has never gotten top ten recruits consistently. This year is up in the air but last years Boatright, Drummond and daniels was about as good a class as UConn has ever had (by high school rankings). EDIT: going forward will depend on who replaces Calhoun. Recruits love Ollie as an assistant, but may hate him as a head coach. For that matter UConn may get Shaka smart or someone else. Really huge unknown.

I stop by here because there some funny things posted here and some decent discussion, not to mention some of the scouting/recruiting stuff is quite fascinating (not that there are a ton of crossover recruits ATM). Validation doesn't make the list. Mainly I come here because I'm bored and have way too much free time.

UCon fans need validation from 'cuse fans. It's part of the natural order of the universe.
And luckily for us we get that validation with the level of butt hurt you guys show over everything UCONN and your general board wide inferiority complex.

Like I said when Calhoun leaves will be the big test for UConns program. I wouldn't go as far as to say Calhoun is a liability but not as much of an asset as he was before.

Recruiting, not sure if I agree based on high school rankings. UConn has never gotten top ten recruits consistently. This year is up in the air but last years Boatright, Drummond and daniels was about as good a class as UConn has ever had (by high school rankings). EDIT: going forward will depend on who replaces Calhoun. Recruits love Ollie as an assistant, but may hate him as a head coach. For that matter UConn may get Shaka smart or someone else. Really huge unknown.

I stop by here because there some funny things posted here and some decent discussion, not to mention some of the scouting/recruiting stuff is quite fascinating (not that there are a ton of crossover recruits ATM). Validation doesn't make the list. Mainly I come here because I'm bored and have way too much free time.

I don't buy this concept that UConn is at its recruiting peak right now, and has never drawn elite talent. That seems to be a meme of theirs and I just don't buy it. They've been getting 4 and 5 star players for years.

And luckily for us we get that validation with the level of butt hurt you guys show over everything UCONN and your general board wide inferiority complex.

You must not come here often. This place is Boneyard West most of the time.

Says the UCONN fan lurking on the Syracuse board.

there's been some superb rationalizing/denial going on over at their pathetic board. things like, "you know, I kind of like how next year's squad is shaping up. I really think Tyler and Niels are going to surprise alot of people." :D
And you have NEVER seen rationalizing on this board? No orange colored glasses on evaluation of SU players? Especially new one. That's what fans do (except the certain ones who do nothing but tear down the team/coach). It looks to me that CAW made a valient attempt to evaluate UConn.

In ten years the Uconn game will be a nice breather in the preconference schedule sandwiched between Colgate and East Tennessee State.

Perhaps you missed the part where I said negative things about the PF/C and SF position at UConn for next year.

Must stink to be inaccurate so often.
even as a cuse fan i take offense to you besmirching nils giffey!!!

With all their success they're still just an annoying little brother.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

I don't buy this concept that UConn is at its recruiting peak right now, and has never drawn elite talent. That seems to be a meme of theirs and I just don't buy it. They've been getting 4 and 5 star players for years.

UConn has been getting 4 and 5 star recruits for years, that is not debatable, I agree. UConn has drawn elite talent before (Rudy Gay, Charlie V, Kemba, etc.), I agree.

That doesn't mean the 2011 class wasn't the best/one of the best in UConn history (based on high school rankings).

The 2000 class may have been better based on high school ranking, if you could find a good way to rank Caron Butler with the high school class.

This doesn't mean this era is some zenith for UConn recruiting, simply that the 2011 class was one of the best UConn has ever had. 2010 was relatively normal and 2012 was relatively poor (all based on high school rankings).

This isn't some zenith but it also isn't the huge drop off that many here comment on. 2012 is a bit of a dropoff, but it's unknown if that is an aberration due to the NCAAT ban or if it is the new norm going forward. Obviously this is unknown until 2013 players start committing in droves. A lot will depend on Calhoun and his replacement.

2011 Class
  • Andre Drummond - (no rsci, due to reclassification, but pretty much #2 by everyone coming into this past year)
  • DeAndre Daniels - #29 (rsci)
  • Ryan Boatright - #58 (rsci)
2010 Class
  • Roscoe Smith - #28 (rsci)
  • Shabazz Nappier - #75 (rsci)
  • Jeremy Lamb - #78 (rsci)
2009 Class
  • Alex Oriakhi - #16 (rsci)
  • Jamal Coombs-McDaniel - #50 (rsci)
2008 Class
  • Kemba Walker - #15 (rsci)
  • Ater Majok - #74 (rsci)
  • Nate Miles - #91 (rsci)
2007 Class
None
2006 Class
  • Stanley Robinson - #18 (rsci)
  • Curtis Kelley - #30 (rsci)
  • Jerome Dyson - #36 (rsci)
  • Doug Wiggins - #55 (rsci)
  • Hasheem Thabeet #64 (rsci)
2005 Class
  • Marcus Johnson - #51 (rsci)
  • Jeff Adrien - #53 (rsci)
2004 Class
  • Rudy Gay - #5 (rsci)
  • AJ Price - #24 (rsci)
2003 Class
  • Charlie Villanueva - #18 (rsci)
  • Marcus Williams - #41 (rsci)
  • Josh Boone - #95 (rsci)
2002 Class
  • Rashad Anderson - #24 (rsci)
  • Denham Brown - #34 (rsci)
2001 Class
  • Ben Gordon - #41 (rsci)
  • Emeka Okafor - #99 (rsci)
2000 Class
  • Taliek Brown - #10 (rsci)
  • Scott Hazelton - #35 (rsci)
  • Caron Butler* (post grad but probably a top ten) (rsci was 30 or so, but wasn't ranked due to being post grad)

even as a cuse fan i take offense to you besmirching nils giffey!!!

LOL, love Giffey but he has a lot to prove. Maybe he can have a junior year like Andy Rautins Sophomore year? Kid just is very gun shy.

With all their success they're still just an annoying little brother.

Being the annoying gnat with all the success and the trophies is better than having as many national championships as Wyoming.

Being the annoying gnat with all the success and the trophies is better than having as many national championships as Wyoming.

Sweet, maybe wyoming will get invited to the acc before you guys than also

Oh, so old National Championships matter now? Or is the cutoff 1943?

Oh, so old National Championships matter now? Or is the cutoff 1943?

Thats funny, doesn't the main Syracuse Basketball page on this message board advertise its "3 National Championships", 2 of which were before 1920 hahaha, this board is a joke. I come on here from time to time to laugh at the obvious bitter jealousy this fan base has towards UConn. You all loved the BE until your school jumped ships and now you all hate the BE and worship the same ACC you curse a few years ago, and now you sit here and say things like "UConn has been in decline since 2006", PLEASE. Syracuse's best team in a while this year lost in the elite 8, what a joke. Like someone said, maybe you all shouldn't throw stones if you live in a glass house, pathetic.

Thats funny, doesn't the main Syracuse Basketball page on this message board advertise its "3 National Championships", 2 of which were before 1920 hahaha, this board is a joke. I come on here from time to time to laugh at the obvious bitter jealousy this fan base has towards UConn. You all loved the BE until your school jumped ships and now you all hate the BE and worship the same ACC you curse a few years ago, and now you sit here and say things like "UConn has been in decline since 2006", PLEASE. Syracuse's best team in a while this year lost in the elite 8, what a joke. Like someone said, maybe you all shouldn't throw stones if you live in a glass house, pathetic.

ZLS commented that Syracuse has as many titles as Wyoming.

Well by that logic Syracuse actually has three titles. Tied with UCONN.

And BTW Syracuse is hardly the only team that celebrates Helms Foundation titles. It's common practice for teams who were relevant before 1995.

I am sure if UCONN fans had any history before 1995 they wouldn't aknowledge it.

For that matter UConn may get Shaka smart or someone else. Really huge unknown.

I would be absolutely livid if Uconn somehow pulled Shaka from VCU. I highly doubt that would happen because I think he is waiting to go to an elite program. I'm not knocking Uconn by saying that either, the Big East just isn't stable right now so jumping ship from a team moving into a better conference (a basketball one) from where they were, just for him to go a team in another conference that seems to be dissolving just wouldn't make sense. Add in the fact that I love Shaka Smart and I'd be hard-pressed to cheer for him at Uconn.

Im jealous of unc kansas uk etc, uconn? Naa, you had your nice 15 year run...youll be irrelevant nationally within five years

Im jealous of unc kansas uk etc, uconn? Naa, you had your nice 15 year run...youll be irrelevant nationally within five years
Yeah, I guess you have to hope for that. It's your only chance to catch us in terms of accomplishment at this point.

Yeah, I guess you have to hope for that. It's your only chance to catch us in terms of accomplishment at this point.

Actually the only difference between the schools is you playing a crap butler team and ga tech while we played uk and indiana, luck of the draw...but going forward its quite obvious whose in a better place for the short and long term future

Actually the only difference between the schools is you playing a crap butler team and ga tech while we played uk and indiana, luck of the draw...but going forward its quite obvious whose in a better place for the short and long term future
It's sad how your jealousy leads to these types of comments.

Oh wait, hilarious. I meant hilarious.

The only difference between 1996 Syracuse and 2011 UCONN is they played Butler while we played the greatest college team of all time.

And that Boeheim isnt a douchebag...or a cheater.

It's sad how your jealousy leads to these types of comments.

Oh wait, hilarious. I meant hilarious.

Lol ok, its the truth..u shouldnt apologize and it all counts the same but you got lucky

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom