Roster moves | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Roster moves

How is Jakob Bradford progressing?

Is he a legitimate /ready replacement for Vetterello?
I’m just on the outside looking in. I know he was a JUCO transfer that was highly touted but no word on his progress. At least his name hasn’t surfaced that I’ve noticed.

I’m just on the outside looking in. I know he was a JUCO transfer that was highly touted but no word on his progress. At least his name hasn’t surfaced that I’ve noticed.
Thx

Yeah I am a Lutz fan because he does all the things needed pretty good and blitz pickup really well. Howard is an excellent and punishing runner. A steady diet of Tucker and Howard could wear down a number of future defenses we will see.
Love Davis being back...loving Bleich and Bergeron physicality. I am still a little concerned with center and RT going into ACC play.
Really like what Cooper showed and obviously Alford.
I am a Lutz fan, but he's put the ball on the ground a couple times, so he should get the hook for that alone.

I am a Lutz fan, but he's put the ball on the ground a couple times, so he should get the hook for that alone.
Howard has a history of doing that also. I like both Jarveon and Cooper. I'm a firm believer in whoever is playing the best they get the run.

What do we think the timetable on Big No. 5 returning looks like. Has Dino outlined his return at all since saying he was going to be out at least 3 weeks at the start of the season?

You'd be hard pressed to find another P5 team that he would see the field for. MAYBE he'd see the field for Kansas? So I guess at best, he's a fringe P5 player.
Lutz averaged 5.7 ypc last year… With our line… And he out ran the entire Notre Dame defense so he has some wheels. Is he playing at Alabama or Clemson? No but that’s just silly

Lutz averaged 5.7 ypc last year… With our line… And he out ran the entire Notre Dame defense so he has some wheels. Is he playing at Alabama or Clemson? No but that’s just silly

Again, he's not a terrible player. But where would he see the field other than Syracuse? Let's start with the ACC, what ACC team would he be player on?

I doubt we’ll actually see it reflected in the depth chart but here are the moves I’d to see.

OL - Davis will start. Whoever is playing right tackle needs to step up.

Wr - Alford for Sharod. Cooper for Pena as the third slot guy.

Rb - I think lutz as the 2nd tb is over. Great competition

DL - these guys have been the surprise of the season. McKinley is easing back in, Jonathan played on place kicks, he should be back next week, Lockett needs more reps. No stars but the 8 guys that have played there’s not a ton of drop off between the starters and the backups.

Vettorello seems as much as the liability as Tisdale (but core recruits tend to be judged higher than JUCOs). He’s the one that worries me most.

Again, he's not a terrible player. But where would he see the field other than Syracuse? Let's start with the ACC, what ACC team would he be player on?
Wake has like 10 Lutz’s every year. He’s a developmental kind of recruit and will end up as a contributor his last two years here. Last year was a fluke at the position and he was fine.

Bradford was the second team OT in a preseason scrimmage

Bradford was the second team OT in a preseason scrimmage
Bradford played against Ohio U. and Albany according to the participation reports , one guy who has yet to see the field this year is ( WR ) Javonte Williams not sure why he was in a lot of photos and short clips during spring and fall practices ? wondering if anyone has any info. on walk on ( RB ) Ja'tarie Washington I thought he would be listed on our roster along with the other non scholarship players ?

Let’s see maybe Virginia, GT, Wake, BC, Duke? He’s not the best RB on the roster but I don’t think ppl give him enough credit
Maybe GT, the rest all have atleast 2 better backs than him. Virginia not super easy to gauge because they're averaging over 10 yards per passing attempt, so they're not exactly running much. He wouldn't even be seeing the field at Cuse if it wasn't for 17 injuries last year. I like Lutz, he plays hard, but you watch him play and he doesn't pass the eye test, to me anyways. I'd play Adams and Howard over him.

He's had more than 5 carries in 3 games and 2 of them he went for 81 and 114. And that was behind maybe the worst OL last year I've seen at Syracuse and in an offense that he isn't necessarily suited for as a lead back.
Thank you. Well said. Go Cuse!

Not sure we are going to have Benson for a few games at least. He did not look good going into the locker room (LBI).

So who on D plays the Spy role on the Liberty QB? Or does SU try to contain straight up y mixing it up?

Bradford played against Ohio U. and Albany according to the participation reports , one guy who has yet to see the field this year is ( WR ) Javonte Williams not sure why he was in a lot of photos and short clips during spring and fall practices ? wondering if anyone has any info. on walk on ( RB ) Ja'tarie Washington I thought he would be listed on our roster along with the other non scholarship players ?

Williams is hurt.

The league is just not good this year. We should win 8 games based on what I have seen, but it probably won't happen.