Roster moves | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Roster moves

I haven’t rewatched the game yet but I think Gadsden must have been running the wrong route on the interception. Pena should have caught the pass but what was Gadsden doing so close behind? There’s no way he could have been a target that close. If Gadsden isn’t right behind Pena that ball probably doesn’t get intercepted

But yes I agree. Put the gamers in

idk I notice a lot of players running routes very close to each other. It’s odd

they forgot Thompson who was 82.7 and had 33 snaps. Devito was 86.3 but only had 23 snaps.
Appreciate the corrections. I'm too cheap to buy PFF, lol. Are those pff grades? Do they grade below 25 snaps?

Appreciate the corrections. I'm too cheap to buy PFF, lol. Are those pff grades? Do they grade below 25 snaps?

yes they are pff grades and they grade everyone regardless of snaps.

I doubt we’ll actually see it reflected in the depth chart but here are the moves I’d to see.

OL - Davis will start. Whoever is playing right tackle needs to step up.

Wr - Alford for Sharod. Cooper for Pena as the third slot guy.

Rb - I think lutz as the 2nd tb is over. Great competition

DL - these guys have been the surprise of the season. McKinley is easing back in, Jonathan played on place kicks, he should be back next week, Lockett needs more reps. No stars but the 8 guys that have played there’s not a ton of drop off between the starters and the backups.
Excellent.

I'd like to add that our PWO Darton has performed admirably.

I wouldn't mind a G rotation, like we did with Heckel in 18, to keep those guys fresh.

Lutz has shown value. IF the hands are there? I wouldn't mind seeing him spelling at the Slot.

I absolutely want Alford's length on the field.

Right tackle is the question. We need to own the middle, so it makes sense putting Serv at C. I think Vett wins this Job. I'd like to see Red, Bradford, Cruz challenge, but I think that's a year away. Did Tisdale play RT some Saturday? Thats a surprise.

Excellent.

I'd like to add that our PWO Darton has performed admirably.

I wouldn't mind a G rotation, like we did with Heckel in 18, to keep those guys fresh.

Lutz has shown value. IF the hands are there? I wouldn't mind seeing him spelling at the Slot.

I absolutely want Alford's length on the field.

Right tackle is the question. We need to own the middle, so it makes sense putting Serv at C. I think Vett wins this Job. I'd like to see Red, Bradford, Cruz challenge, but I think that's a year away. Did Tisdale play RT some Saturday? Thats a surprise.
Based on my observations, Tisdale played tackle every time Davis was in. I did not see Vettorello play with Davis. Weird.

Based on my observations, Tisdale played tackle every time Davis was in. I did not see Vettorello play with Davis. Weird.

Tisdale played RG for 31 snaps and RT for 30 snaps.

If correct, it would imply the staff feels that Vettorello is the weakest link.

he was that game. The first two games Tisdale was by far.

Tisdale played RG for 31 snaps and RT for 30 snaps.
Bees, how did he rate for run and pass blocking at RT? ( or does it even break it down that way?)

Bees, how did he rate for run and pass blocking at RT? ( or does it even break it down that way?)

doesn’t break it down that way that I’ve ever seen.

I more meant the weakest link in the new configuration. If Servais is staying at C and Dakota is back, it’s a battle for RT. I’m just hoping we don’t have to rely on one of our 2 remaining (and very young) TEs to provide full time support on that side. It will make us weaker overall on offense.

Understandable if he's sliding out to a new position. I think Dino even mentioned they'd factor that in , in their decision making.

I haven’t rewatched the game yet but I think Gadsden must have been running the wrong route on the interception. Pena should have caught the pass but what was Gadsden doing so close behind? There’s no way he could have been a target that close. If Gadsden isn’t right behind Pena that ball probably doesn’t get intercepted

But yes I agree. Put the gamers in
Agree. I feel like the staff is onto something with Gadsden and Alford outside and Taj in the slot. That lineup puts separation speed and big catch radii all over the field.

The good news is that Tisdale graded the highest of the OL in pass blocking. Bleich and Davis were the two lowest. Run blocking Bleich was the highest with Davis and Vet the lowest graded.
I just dont see the love the staff shows Vet

The good news is that Tisdale graded the highest of the OL in pass blocking. Bleich and Davis were the two lowest. Run blocking Bleich was the highest with Davis and Vet the lowest graded.
So, if we can graft Bleich onto Tisdale, we'll have a functional RG!

I just dont see the love the staff shows Vet

for the season the starters plus Davis grade

Run blocking
Bergeron
Bleich
Davis
Vett
Tisdale
Servais

Pass blocking
Bergeron
Servais
Davis
Vett
Bleich
Tisdale

Run blocking
Bergeron
Bleich
Davis
Vett
Tisdale
Servais

Pass blocking
Bergeron
Servais
Davis
Vett
Bleich
Tisdale
I get that the staff has to stop the bleeding. But it'd be nice to groom a big body for center so Servais could move back to RT.

Run blocking
Bergeron
Bleich
Davis
Vett
Tisdale
Servais

Pass blocking
Bergeron
Servais
Davis
Vett
Bleich
Tisdale
So Bergeron is clearly our best.

by far
Does the site have reports or trend-charts where you can see the progression of a player's grades over time? Curious to see if we can infer Schmidt's teaching and development throughout the season.

Agree. I feel like the staff is onto something with Gadsden and Alford outside and Taj in the slot. That lineup puts separation speed and big catch radii all over the field.
Not only that but when you are running out 6'5 receivers you can also run them on slants and their size alone should shield the defender for easy pass and catch all day long depending on the defensive formation. Easy picking but for the best dbacks.

Does the site have reports or trend-charts where you can see the progression of a player's grades over time? Curious to see if we can infer Schmidt's teaching and development throughout the season.
The CF elite is Awesome. (Thanks bees) It doesn't have trends, but all kinds of reports. You can just click on the player, and see if any trends are apparent game to game. For the RB's/line? Every single gap reported. Pass block, true pass set, zone concept/ gap concept grades.

WR/db? Not just their grades, but their grade vs. EACH guy they went against. For QB's it has results under pressure, results when blitzed, where every pass was thrown(with corresponding NFL grade) on and on and on.

Tommy graded very highly in pass vs. Albany. Garrett? Not so much, but was the better runner. Overall? Tommy has graded higher in every category- including running.

If you like stats? Yeah. Its great. Gives a good look at the 2's to see how they fared, as well.