Rothstein at Practice today | Syracusefan.com

Rothstein at Practice today

Upstate

Co 2020 Cali Winner, Rcd/Rcpts/TD Rcpts (5)/TFL
Jon Rothstein@JonRothstein
Could watch Jerami Grant play defense for days. Can be a neutralizer against so many positions. Underrated piece for Syracuse.

JonRothstein
This is by far the best physically I've ever seen Brandon Triche. Averaged 10 PPG in 19 MPG last year. Big sr season ahead.

JonRothstein
So much Demetreis Nichols in James Southerland...

@JonRothstein
There's going to be 2 to 4 games this year where Jerami Grant EXPLODES. May not get extended mins regularly but will be a key reserve 4 SU.

@JonRothstein
Early prediction on Syracuse starting five --- Michael Carter-Williams, Brandon Triche, C.J. Fair, DeJuan Coleman, Rakeem Christmas...

@JonRothstein
So much Ed O'Bannon in C.J. Fair...

@JonRothstein
C.J. Fair shooting the heck out of the ball from deep. Major 3-point threat. Monster year ahead.

@JonRothstein
Jim Boeheim told me DeJuan Coleman is down 40 pounds. Looks extremely fit. Should be one of the better freshmen in the country.

Rothstein seems to be extremely optimistic about everyone; he was in Storrs yesterday and had the same stuff to say about their team

That reads like an SU fans rundown of our team on an opposing teams message board on game day.

I like it.

Syracuse's expected starting five will put 5 players on the floor bw 6-4 and 6-10. Crazy length as usual for the 2-3.

DaJuan Coleman will have a DeJuan Blair/Jared Sullinger type impact as a freshman for Syracuse. Just a man among college kids.

Michael Gbinije should step right into Brandon Triche's role for Syracuse following this season. Really solid all-around player.

i think gbinje is going to be dynomite next year

18541-dynomite.jpg

JB freshman who typically don't play is because they struggle on the defensive end. If Jeremi Grant is a defensive stopper it'll be hard to keep him off the floor. JB likes kids who can play D first.

This constant stream of effusive praise reminds me of listening to Jon Gruden on Monday Night Football.

To whom will Rothstein compare MCW? He should be next on the superlative list. I'm trying to think of a 6-5 point guard with a smooth all-around game. Perhaps he'll go old school and mention Walt Frazier.

And finally, I'll take Colgate and Central Connecticut as the two games in which Jerami Grant EXPLODES.

DaJuan Coleman will have a DeJuan Blair/Jared Sullinger type impact as a freshman for Syracuse. Just a man among college kids.

I'm sorry, but I don't see that happening. Coleman wasn't even that dominant in high school at times against teams like CBA. Blair and Sullinger dominated in high school. On a different level.

He'll be good, but that's very optimistic to expect for freshman year.

I'd say the biggest question w Syracuse is whether or not they have a reliable 3rd guard behind Triche + MCW. Need Trevor Cooney.

Hopefully we are ready to get pressed this year. Thats where brandon/MCW are key. Need to set the tone that if you press we will run on you all day. Cooney is going to be most valuable in the halfcourt or against teams that choose to zone us because of DC2 and Rak. I just hope he can give us 10 mins a game to spell MCW/Triche.

I'm sorry, but I don't see that happening. Coleman wasn't even that dominant in high school at times against teams like CBA. Blair and Sullinger dominated in high school. On a different level.

shut up your face... bask in the words of rothstein... for they are gospel.

It's very optimistic, but DC2 played 40lbs heavier then, which probably brought him down a few steps with his quickness. He looks even wider, but with a trimmer figure (no homo). No reason he shouldn't be close to 10 and 8, though that's far from the 17 and 10 sully put up as a frosh.