Rothstein at Practice today | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Rothstein at Practice today

You try playing while getting double teamed for 3 years straight, let me know how it works out.

Not comparable.

Jared Sullinger and Dejuan Blair didn't get double teamed? And they weren't playing Cortland, Tully, and CBA.

This is all stemming from the comment by Rothstein where he said Dajuan Coleman is going to have the impact those two dudes had as freshman. If he's right, we should be favorites to win the title. Those guys were the teams best players as freshman.

I think he'll be good, but that statement was outlandish. Like most of the stuff Rothstein tweets.

So Rothstein is now following my parody account. I guess I have to continue it now, eh?
You are now obligated to continue, failure to do so will result in suspension of your account. ;)

Jared Sullinger and Dejuan Blair didn't get double teamed? And they weren't playing Cortland, Tully, and CBA.

This is all stemming from the comment by Rothstein where he said Dajuan Coleman is going to have the impact those two dudes had as freshman. If he's right, we should be favorites to win the title. Those guys were the teams best players as freshman.

I think he'll be good, but that statement was outlandish. Like most of the stuff Rothstein tweets.

Time will tell, but I expect DC to be this teams best and most important player by January. Let's just see how he pans out. I don't think it's outlandish. I'm positive given a year he will be better than Sullinger. You're entitled to your opinion but you're underestimating his importance to this team regardless of who he played against in high school.

So Rothstein is now following my parody account. I guess I have to continue it now, eh?
That's funny as is your Buzz Williams comment. woowoowoowoowoo!!

For the love of god please don't stop, your tweets are hilarious and I've already followed you

This is a great thread. Best I've seen on here yet. Jekelish, you are the man.

I doubt I'll keep it up, but I had to do it:

https://twitter.com/NonRothstein

I'm not a twitter guy, but I just lost it reading that thread. Awesome stuff. I may have to join just to follow you on that one.

"He was mostly wondering how I got into his house." I'm sure the people in the next room in this hotel want to know what the heck I'm smoking right now.

NonRothstein... a fine idea to bring to twitter sir. I snort laughed on the Boeheim tweet.

Time will tell, but I expect DC to be this teams best and most important player by January. Let's just see how he pans out. I don't think it's outlandish. I'm positive given a year he will be better than Sullinger. You're entitled to your opinion but you're underestimating his importance to this team regardless of who he played against in high school.

Better then Sullinger? High praises...it's my opinion, but I think your being unrealistic. Triche, MCW, and Fair will all be more important then him.

obviously its Grant. watch and see if somebody doesn't claim that he is the best sf incollege today and that JB already has it planned that he ain't going to play.
Can I take guess on which poster would say that:D

Better then Sullinger? High praises...it's my opinion, but I think your being unrealistic. Triche, MCW, and Fair will all be more important then him.

Agree but dissagree on more important.

Most people compare with bigs at syracuse who historically haven't done alot offensively as freshmen. Dajuan is in a whole different class.

Sullinger weighed in almost at 290 as a fresh.
He now weights 260 in the NBA.
Sullinger came in with a nice hook touch and was able to occasionally step out and hit a jumper even a 3 pointer. He was given the green light do do so. He shot 51% and grabbed 9.2 rebounds while scoring 17.5 ppg in 30 mpg. Thats absoluetly rediculous stats for a fresh.

Coleman weighs a solid 285 right now, And has lost alot of weight in the summer. Worked really hard on his conditioning. He probably would have weighed alittle more then Jared had he not worked so hard this summer, and frankly he just looks to be a bigger frame all around. That tells me Coleman may be in rediculous good conditioning. People only know the Mcd's Coleman and Jordan brand classic Dajuan. Not the Dajuan of the last four months who has vastly improved his ability and game speed conditioning.

I think a solid 12-15 ppg with occasional 19 point outburst shouldn't be out of the question for Dajuan. I am guessing 12.3 ppg. Dajuan has got to make his layups on first shot. FG%. Doubt he turns into to a hook machine like Sully. He needs to make defenders try to stop his layups unsuccessfully, instead of trying to rebound his misses shooting 41% from the field.

With DC, we will have an actual low post inside offensive threat who happens to be a good passer when doubled. He is a great outlet passer to start our fast break and should be our best rebounder in years. Without DC we don't have any inside threat and no team will need to double team our center. DC opens up our whole offense. Without him we will have to work very hard to score, your other choices can be replaced. It's my opinion that DC is our most important player. BTW, Sullinger and Blair didn't play
Oakhill every week and DC played against very good players in AAU ball.

DC2's stats will depend highly on how well he plays defense. If he is out of position regularly, he is highly likely to have many quiet conversations with JB. This would be detrimental to his scoring and rebounding average.

Here is hoping his defense is solid.