Rothstein at Practice today | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Rothstein at Practice today

While I love the southerland comments the guy has only shot 33% from three during the season, and came out and airballed and had a awfull brick from three in MM. Sometimes I wonder if its all mental and he lacks any mental toughness to do so. He need to knock them down in games. He hits 80 percent in practice. Find your mental toughness southerland please. CJ has a excuse to only shoot around 33 percent from three you don't. Hard to imagine CJ doing the same the guy shot what 25 threes last year and 3 as a fresh?

Southerland has got to go to their happy place and block out the emotion and crowd in game and knock them down buisness style like they do in the Melo center. Please someone send southerland the memo.

In case Rothstein reads this board we aren't hating, its just southerland has been shooting above 50 percent from three in practice the last two years. Some people said he shot 80% from three last year in practice. With his rediculous athleticism and height advantage he should convert that to games but never has.

Nice to hear him saying Demitrius Nichols in Southelrand but wouldn't mind hearing something like Preston Shumpert instead . The guy is 6'8 with the speed to get open. Maybe he needs less step in, less elevation when open, a slower workmanlike release when open, and less emotion rushing his shot when catching at full speed. I don't know, it could help. He needs to remember how it feels to knock them down in practice and put that mental practice in games at all cost whatever it takes.

I have tough love for southerland because he needs it to be a leader this year. His spot in the rotation is set but he seriously needs to stop fooling around and like a senior focus on the mental part.

Didn't he say Grant could guard multiple postions howbout SG? Sounds like 9 deep.

It's very optimistic, but DC2 played 40lbs heavier then, which probably brought him down a few steps with his quickness. He looks even wider, but with a trimmer figure (no homo). No reason he shouldn't be close to 10 and 8, though that's far from the 17 and 10 sully put up as a frosh.
If you hadn't added that.. you would have had me wondering.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Dajuan put up 14 after watching midnight madness. He has very explosive lateral quickness, and the face up dribble to do so. Unlike 99% of bigs, when he gets fouled he makes a potential three point play inside the arc every play.

I'm sorry, but I don't see that happening. Coleman wasn't even that dominant in high school at times against teams like CBA. Blair and Sullinger dominated in high school. On a different level.

He'll be good, but that's very optimistic to expect for freshman year.
That's a flaming pile of bull . He dominated for most of his career and got bored with the competion. He will be better than no knees Blair and old bad back Sully.

I'm sorry, but I don't see that happening. Coleman wasn't even that dominant in high school at times against teams like CBA. Blair and Sullinger dominated in high school. On a different level.

He'll be good, but that's very optimistic to expect for freshman year.

Like most big men in HS, he saw a lot of zone. College will be a relief for him. He will score in bunches. Anyone who doesn't think so is smokin the hookah.

Like most big men in HS, he saw a lot of zone. College will be a relief for him. He will score in bunches. Anyone who doesn't think so is smokin the hookah.
And was playing along with another big timer in Cavanaugh.

I'm marking everyone but Keita down for 15 ppg. I'm only expecting 10 from him. That's 130 ppg. We're going to be very hard to beat.

Bring on Loyola Marymount and U.S. International!

He'll be good, but that's very optimistic to expect for freshman year.[/quote
You and Moqui get a huge dislike. DC will not be facing triple teams and Moqui mocking of Jeremi is already old. New whipping boy instead of CJ.

that's what Josh Pace said
CJ gets kudos and you couldn't resist the Josh comparison. Why the snide CJ hate all the time? I'd love to see CJ and James both make outside shots in games.