Roy Hibbert, jerk | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Roy Hibbert, jerk

A 3.0 from G-town's prestigious Thompson School of Applied Jackassdom.

Notable alumni include such illustrious names in the field as Graham, Turner, Iverson, Guions, Thompkins, and Riley.

If that means tens of millions of $s a year sign me up and call me the head ass hole.

http://espn.go.com/mlb/story/_/id/9...on-nationals-says-knee-remains-swollen-crappy

Harper said, "I feel all right," before adding: "It's still swollen and crappy. I'm just trying to get treatment and see if the swelling will go down."

POOP EVERYWHERE IS PISSED OFF TODAY

It was a typo and supposed to be "crappie". Mr Hankey has accepted the apology but this guy is p*ssed now
Pomoxis%20nigromaculatus%20Black%20Crappie%20by%20Uland%20Thomas.jpg

Col. Bleep said:
A 3.0 from G-town's prestigious Thompson School of Applied Jackassdom.

Notable alumni include such illustrious names in the field as Graham, Turner, Iverson, Guions, Thompkins, and Riley.
If that means tens of millions of $s a year sign me up and call me the head ass hole.

You're too late.
That title is already held in perpetuity by the school founder.

I had never heard of the "no homo" expression until last night. Must be getting old. And for those in this thread who said they have used it themselves - why?

You say it when you say or do something that might be interpreted as being gay... In this case, Hibbert said James was stretching him out... In a non sexual way. Hence, he says No Homo. Trying to be witty, but he has to remember what kind of audience he is speaking to.

The first comment where he directly insults the medias intelligence is actually the far more significant problem for the NBA, but Hibbert is merely telling the truth. We say much the same thing here on a regular basis when some media member proves he knows nothing about a topic in a public forum.

A few issues:
• "No homo" is probably 'common parlance' among young folks. Even if it's relatively inoffensive, it still doesn't belong on TV.
• It's always going to be a problem, interviewing alpha males, who largely hang out with other 20 year old alpha males, directly after a competitive event. Even when people typically have filters, minds are not always going to be 'interview-ready,' or 'public appropriate' in those moments. I'm not going to condemn the typically well-spoken guy for this comment, which, no doubt, has zero to do with his views on homosexuality.
• The cursing was far worse.
• I think the first time I ever heard/read "no homo" was in this very forum... A lot of things we say or do are inappropriate for broadcast and public consumption. We don't, though, have to deal with a public response to them. The athletes have a higher standard, and it's human for them to not always meet it.
• I hope this 'controversy' doesn't affect his game, cuz i really want to see the Pacers beat the pee out of the Heat and make Bosh cry again.

I honestly can't believe that this is even a big deal, let alone a $75,000 fine. Saying 'no homo' is extremely common and I've heard plenty of gay people use it. People now-a-days sit and wait for someone to make some off the wall comment and they all pounce claiming that they were hurt by it. The best part is that everyone acts as if they are flawless and have never said anything that could be offensively or out of context and used against them. Have some thick skin. And this was obviously said in relative jest.

People are so sensitive to everything.

I wish the NBA had the courage to bifurcate the punishment between the m-f bomb and the sensationalized no homo comment. Was is $75K for the latter? 50-50?

OK - so now I know a number of people on this board and people they know use the expression "no homo." It appears these folks don't think it's a big deal from an offensive perspective. Of course, as we all know, how offensive a comment is depends on the person hearing it.

But let's put that debate aside for the moment. I assume the people who use it think it's a cool and funny thing to say. But have you ever considered that many people probably think you sound like an idiot when doing so? Of course, from some comments I've seen on this board, a number of folks could care less what others think and would gladly flip those people off.

To me, it sounds like a stupid expression to use. And while you may be able to use it around your 18-29 year old buddies, I'd caution using it anywhere else. If you used this expression in a work environment, in many places you'd be out on your butt. And as Roy just learned, your pocket book can get a little lighter too.

To each their own though. Far be it for me to tell others what they can say or not say. Just thought I'd give another perspective even if it makes me sound like an old fuddy duddy :)

I don't think this situation is that big of a deal, nor do I think it reflects Hibbert's attitude towards gays. But, it's completely inappropriate for him to say in a professional setting, and he was right to have to apologize.

It would be the equivalent of me working with a client at my job, and saying "no homo" during a meeting or a presentation. I don't think it would go over well.

OK - so now I know a number of people on this board and people they know use the expression "no homo." It appears these folks don't think it's a big deal from an offensive perspective. Of course, as we all know, how offensive a comment is depends on the person hearing it.

But let's put that debate aside for the moment. I assume the people who use it think it's a cool and funny thing to say. But have you ever considered that many people probably think you sound like an idiot when doing so? Of course, from some comments I've seen on this board, a number of folks could care less what others think and would gladly flip those people off.

To me, it sounds like a stupid expression to use. And while you may be able to use it around your 18-29 year old buddies, I'd caution using it anywhere else. If you used this expression in a work environment, in many places you'd be out on your butt. And as Roy just learned, your pocket book can get a little lighter too.

To each their own though. Far be it for me to tell others what they can say or not say. Just thought I'd give another perspective even if it makes me sound like an old fuddy duddy :)

Because it isn't. It's a phrase, containing two words. Seriously, whatever happened to the ole phrase "sticks and stones..."

I agree with this. It took me quite a while of reading this thread to figure out what that phrase even meant. It sounds dumb, and could definitely be offensive to people. I'm only offended by the terrible grammar.

Because it isn't. It's a phrase, containing two words. Seriously, whatever happened to the ole phrase "sticks and stones..."
Let me call you an Fing Ahole in public and see how that goes over.

Trueblue25 said:
The man graduated with a 3.0 at Georgetown as a student athlete.

What's that, out of a hundred?​

If you saw a white person call a black person the N-word, would that offend you? Because that is only a word also. I'm just curious if your stance on words being harmless is all-encompassing, or if there are exceptions.

If you saw a white person call a black person the N-word, would that offend you? Because that is only a word also. I'm just curious if your stance on words being harmless is all-encompassing, or if there are exceptions.

Personally, I get how stuff like that is offensive, but no homo isn't on that level at all. It's basically the same thing as "That's what she said". It isn't really offensive, and I'd be willing to bet that all of my homosexual friends have used the phrase themselves at one point or another. It's isn't offensive. It's just inappropriate for a business/professional kind of setting like Hibbert was in.