Roy Hibbert, jerk | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Roy Hibbert, jerk

Personally, I get how stuff like that is offensive, but no homo isn't on that level at all. It's basically the same thing as "That's what she said". It isn't really offensive, and I'd be willing to bet that all of my homosexual friends have used the phrase themselves at one point or another. It's isn't offensive. It's just inappropriate for a business/professional kind of setting like Hibbert was in.

I agree. Put another way, for those who still are unfamiliar with the phrase, swap in the term "I'm not gay, but ...". As in "I'm not gay, but Brad Pitt is a really good looking dude". Is is disrespectful to homosexuals for one to state their heterosexual status?

Is there anger or hate involved as in the "c" word or the "n" word or the "f" word?

The phrase was merely inappropriate for the setting. If Charles Barkley said it five minutes earlier on set, many would think it was the funniest thing ever uttered on live television. In fact, AFTER showing the clips from Hibbert's interview, Ernie Johnson made a crack about how "we are all black friends", implying a similar racial profile to Shaq, Barkley, et al.. Nobody blinked.

Is is disrespectful to homosixuals for one to state their heterosixual status?
1) Why is everyone misspelling "sexual"?; and 2) I don't think it's the stating of your sexual preference that's the problem, it's the use of the word "homo" (why not just say "not gay"?) and that you need to clearly separate yourself from such an orientation (because God forbid someone thought you were gay).

1) Why is everyone misspelling "sixual"?; and 2) I don't think it's the stating of your sixual preference that's the problem, it's the use of the word "homo" (why not just say "not gay"?) and that you need to clearly separate yourself from such an orientation (because God forbid someone thought you were gay).
Never mind on point no. 1 -- I see the system changes it automatically. Weak sauce, not impotent.

1) Why is everyone misspelling "sixual"?; and 2) I don't think it's the stating of your sixual preference that's the problem, it's the use of the word "homo" (why not just say "not gay"?) and that you need to clearly separate yourself from such an orientation (because God forbid someone thought you were gay).

I've always that gay was a "slang" term and homo6ual was the "proper" term, though that's probably too simplistic.

Take it for what it, but to one blogger:

"The ultimate rule of thumb? All gays are homosexual but not all homosexuals choose to identify themselves as gays."

http://unhappygay.wordpress.com/what-is-the-difference-between-the-terms-gay-and-homosixual/

BTW, anyway who likes my avatar is a homo6ual.

Yeah, "homosexual" is the technical term -- but let's not kid ourselves that "homosexual" is the same as "homo" (and if you have any doubts, drop "homo" into the Urban Dictionary).

The dude got fined and apologized, I wish the media would just let this go. Yeah it was dumb to say that in public and I think people kind of overreacted but the dude acknowledged it was dumb manned up and apologized, everyone makes mistakes.

Exactly, but, just for the sake of discussion, let's say LeBron James dropped a"mother**cker" and "homo" at a post-game press conference. Would you be so understanding? The legions of haters would be calling for LeBron's balding head.

ummm, the great one already said no homo. no fine. those who live in glass houses. although i may have just offended the glass house industry. maybe we should all stop watching 24 hour news for about a year.

http://blacksportsonline.com/home/2...o-homo-in-interview-never-fined-by-nba-video/

Because it isn't. It's a phrase, containing two words. Seriously, whatever happened to the ole phrase "sticks and stones..."

What is it about some people that makes them so proud of their inability to understand/empathize with a different perspective than their own?

Can we talk about the pussification of this board?

And the irony of my ability too type pussification, but not sexual?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom