RPI up to #11, BPI up to #7 | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

RPI up to #11, BPI up to #7

You need to take 6 of these 13 teams out in order to fit SU into a 2 seed. Indiana, Gonz, Duke, Lville, Gtown, Kansas, Miami, MSU, OSU, Michigan, New Mexico, Kansas State and Florida. Which six are you taking out?
If we win... GT, NM, K St and New Mexico. If we win big...Duke, Lville. If OSU and Florida get blown out, they'll drop below us as well. If Wisconsin wins the B1G Tourney with a blow-out of Mich St or OSU they'll pass us.

I've quite enjoyed the way bpo and jncuse have become the self-appointed seeding experts on here, and have made sure all of us are aware of it. As if they've been sitting in with the committee and know exactly what is going on. Yeoman's work, I tell you.

Lighten up, Francis. Never said I was an expert. Just offering my opinion like everyone else on this board, yourself included.

Also just tryin' to keep it real. When I see people saying we're in line for a 2 seed if we win tonight I know they really haven't thought it through very well, mainly cuz they're using their heart and not their brain. Nothing terrible about that but not very likely to be right.

I've quite enjoyed the way bpo and jncuse have become the self-appointed seeding experts on here, and have made sure all of us are aware of it. As if they've been sitting in with the committee and know exactly what is going on. Yeoman's work, I tell you.

http://www.bracketmatrix.com/

Those two play in the toughest conference in the country. I would imagine the Committee would be inclined to take that into account.

Just too much yet to be sorted to really tell one way or the other. Neither OSU or MSU won their conference and if they don't win the conference tourney why would winning 3 less games put them ahead of Syracuse if we do win the BET? Meanwhile IU is about to lose. Crazy trying to piece this all together.

If we win... GT, NM, K St and New Mexico. If we win big...Duke, Lville. If OSU and Florida get blown out, they'll drop below us as well. If Wisconsin wins the B1G Tourney with a blow-out of Mich St or OSU they'll pass us.

So we would jump over a team ('Ville) that finished three games ahead of us in the BE? Are you sure about that? And jump over Duke, too? If SU is seeded ahead of either one I will personally send you a check for $500, no questions asked.

Lighten up, Francis. Never said I was an expert. Just offering my opinion like everyone else on this board, yourself included.

Also just tryin' to keep it real. When I see people saying we're in line for a 2 seed if we win tonight I know they really haven't thought it through very well, mainly cuz they're using their heart and not their brain. Nothing terrible about that but not very likely to be right.
Whatever your motivation may be, you've sure gone out of your way to downplay Syracuse's prospects.

Whatever your motivation may be, you've sure gone out of your way to downplay Syracuse's prospects.

That's kinda funny cuz I view it exactly the opposite. We're talking about seeding and I'm trying to be objective. But to you that's downplaying their prospects. Sorry you take offense to that. Unfortunately you can't tell me that people yammering about SU being a 2 seed are really being anywhere near objective.

how many of these bracketologists are on the committee?

Unfortunately the room won't be filled with Orange Nation members either.

That's kinda funny cuz I view it exactly the opposite. We're talking about seeding and I'm trying to be objective. But to you that's downplaying their prospects. Sorry you take offense to that. Unfortunately you can't tell me that people yammering about SU being a 2 seed are really being anywhere near objective.
You should review your posts over the past week or so.

Just too much yet to be sorted to really tell one way or the other. Neither OSU or MSU won their conference and if they don't win the conference tourney why would winning 3 less games put them ahead of Syracuse if we do win the BET? Meanwhile IU is about to lose. Crazy trying to piece this all together.

Yeah but the reality is that just about everybody that was ahead of us on Wednesday are still alive in their postseason tournaments.

So we would jump over a team ('Ville) that finished three games ahead of us in the BE? Are you sure about that? And jump over Duke, too? If SU is seeded ahead of either one I will personally send you a check for $500, no questions asked.
If we win "big." That means we'll have beaten Louisville twice. Once when they were Number 1 in their place and once on a neutral court. Even then, I think it would have to be by 15 points or more to make the jump. Oh, and if we do jump over, send your money to a Louisville grad. I'm an SU alumnus, I don't need the money.

Unfortunately the room won't be filled with Orange Nation members either.
just saying all these bracket projections are no better than anyone on this board, everyone has a bias, especially people in the media

Yeah but the reality is that just about everybody that was ahead of us on Wednesday are still alive in their postseason tournaments.
Florida has to keep winning just to avoid a bad loss, they did today

You should review your posts over the past week or so.

Want to point me in the direction of anything that was inaccurate?

The only thing I recall being wrong on is that I thought the Gtown game would be tough because we didn't match up with them well. Given the results of the first two games that seemed like a reasonable statement but very happy that I was wrong. In fact if you reviewed my posts you would have seen that I said yesterday I'd trade a gtown win last night for an NCAA win next week. Yeah and I guess I am attending all 4 of their games at MSG cuz I like to downplay their prospects.

just saying all these bracket projections are no better than anyone on this board, everyone has a bias, especially people in the media

Fair point. I bet if I visited other boards I'd see just as many homers as on this board.

If we win "big." That means we'll have beaten Louisville twice. Once when they were Number 1 in their place and once on a neutral court. Even then, I think it would have to be by 15 points or more to make the jump. Oh, and if we do jump over, send your money to a Louisville grad. I'm an SU alumnus, I don't need the money.

I'm an SU alum, too. That's why I can afford to send you the money.;)

But seriously we're not jumping over a team that finished three games ahead of us in the BE. I don't care if we beat em' by 40.

True, and most will lose their conference tourney so if we win ours where does that leave things? I have us as a 4 seed possibly jumping to a 2 if we win tonight but not just on metrics. I have MSU and UM locked as 3's because that puts them in Auburn Hills even if they deserve a 2 or a 4. Aside from numbers I think the committee will put teams in places that will make money. There are variables aside from raw data that will come into play A) tickets sold and B) made for TV matchups.

I very much agree with your last two sentences. Just think it's incredibly hard to justify SU on the 2 line. And the difference btw winning and losing a major conference tourney is not that critical for seeding imo such that SU could make that jump.

You need to take 6 of these 13 teams out in order to fit SU into a 2 seed. Indiana, Gonz, Duke, Lville, Gtown, Kansas, Miami, MSU, OSU, Michigan, New Mexico, Kansas State and Florida. Which six are you taking out?

A win puts us past Lville, K state(if they lose) MSU or OSU(whoever loses) and New Mexico. We are already ahead of Michigan I think. Thats only 5.

I very much agree with your last two sentences. Just think it's incredibly hard to justify SU on the 2 line. And the difference btw winning and losing a major conference tourney is not that critical for seeding imo such that SU could make that jump.

If everything else is equal but we win our conference tourney vs other teams that haven't it could make enough of a difference. Alot of these margins are razor thin between teams and still in flux.

ahead of us according to whom?

You don't think there were a solid 8-10 teams ahead of SU prior to the BET? I think just about everybody would agree to that.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom