RPI up to #11, BPI up to #7 | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

RPI up to #11, BPI up to #7

You don't think there were a solid 8-10 teams ahead of SU prior to the BET? I think just about everybody would agree to that.
8-10? Maybe. But I'm only concerned about a 3 seed. We've done more than enough, all things holistically considered, to have that now.

8-10? Maybe. But I'm only concerned about a 3 seed. We've done more than enough, all things holistically considered, to have that now.

If we lose tonight I could easily see us as a 4. If we win I think we are 75/25 for a 3. Zero chance of a 2 seed.

At the risk of being accused of downplaying their prospects, I could easily see the following 12 ahead of us- IU, MSU, OSU, Duke, Miami, Gonz, Lville, KU, FLA, UNM, Gtown and KState.

I'm not sure Miami deserves to be ahead of SU.

To the people who think we are 3 seed without winning tonight which of these teams are we above
1. Indiana
2. Gonzaga
3. Duke
4. Louisville
5. Kansas
6. Georgetown
7. Miami
8. Ohio State
9. Michigan State
10. Florida
11. New Mexico
12. Michigan

We are a 4 seed right now who can move up to a 3 seed with a win tonight.
13. Kansas State playing KU tonight
14. Syracuse playing UL tonight
15. Marquette
16. UCLA playing Oregon tonight

17. Wisconsin playing IU today
18. St. Louis playing Butler today.

loser of michigan state/ohio state game or michigan falls to 4 seed .new mexico its a guess as all mwc teams rpis are sky high because none of them can beat the good teams on the road. wisconsin probably slides up to #15.ucla at 16 is a bit high are those lunardis?

If we lose tonight I could easily see us as a 4. If we win I think we are 75/25 for a 3. Zero chance of a 2 seed.

At the risk of being accused of downplaying their prospects, I could easily see the following 12 ahead of us- IU, MSU, OSU, Duke, Miami, Gonz, Lville, KU, FLA, UNM, Gtown and KState.

i agree with everyone on the your last line about being possibly ahead of syracuse except kansas state unless they beat kansas tonight.michigan state could be lower if we win tonight as well

this all really comes down to money and protecting the higher seeds. money wise they will try to put the 1-4 seeds where it helps the most. Miami/fl/marq dont matter no place really helps any of them over someone else. philly has to choose between gtown-duke and SU if they win. Duke/SU make the most money. but su will draw the most by far in philly. OSU if they lose should fall behind us but who could they send there to pack the place?

so many are locked. kansas/ind/msu/kst/Louis/

Austin/san jose will have no draws

i agree with everyone on the your last line about being possibly ahead of syracuse except kansas state unless they beat kansas tonight.michigan state could be lower if we win tonight as well

I put them there cuz I think the Committee will rate B1G's conference higher than others.

there is definitely a better chance then 0. I would say it's about 50/50 we can get a 2 if we win tonight.

Right now our resume/numbers are as good as MSU/OSU/Miami/FLA/UNM/KST.

We have strong numbers, and Southerland being out will be factored in, especially after what he has done this week. The SEC/Big 12 have been garbage and have terrible computer numbers. Not many teams would be able to say they have road wins @Louisville, and neutral court wins vs. SDSU, Pitt, Georgetown, and Louisville again. That's would be 2 wins away from home against a possible 1 seed, and another against a possible 2 seed.

they do with many more top 50 wins higher rpi,more top 100 wins, more reoad/neutral wins
and some horrendous losses. I'm just saying, SU's losses came at the hands of tourney teams.

New Mexico deserves a 2 seed IMO. 10-4 vs top 50, 19-5 vs top 100. #2 RPI. Played stron OOC, uncludin 7 neutral / road contests. Won conference tourney in a road environment today. Did everytin you are supposed to.

New Mexico deserves a 2 seed IMO. 10-4 vs top 50, 19-5 vs top 100. #2 RPI. Played stron OOC, uncludin 7 neutral / road contests. Won conference tourney in a road environment today. Did everytin you are supposed to.
Yeah, think I'd have to agree. Before today I didn't realize the extent of their resume. They've earned a 2 with this win today.
And they just might get knocked out by a 15.

I put them there cuz I think the Committee will rate B1G's conference higher than others.

the committee doesnt compare teams based on conferences though

and some horrendous losses. I'm just saying, SU's losses came at the hands of tourney teams.

they alson have an outright acc championship with chance at conference tournament championship

Yeah, think I'd have to agree. Before today I didn't realize the extent of their resume. They've earned a 2 with this win today.
And they just might get knocked out by a 15.

I would defintely want to be a 3 in bracket with them if they are a 2.

right now my s curve looks like this for top 16:
1-Indiana
2-Gonzaga
3-Louisville
4-Duke(drops to 5 if miami wins tommorrow)
5-Miami
6-Kansas
7-Georgetown
8-Ohio State(if win tommorrow they move up to 7)
9-New Mexico
10-Florida
11-Michigan St
12-Syracuse(could move up to 10 with win)
13-Michigan
14-Wisconsin
15-Kansas St
16-Saint Louis(ucla could pass them if win pac 12 tourney)

they alson have an outright acc championship with chance at conference tournament championship
Most years that would mean a lot more, that's for sure. Terribly weak ACC this year.

right now my s curve looks like this for top 16:
1-Indiana
2-Gonzaga
3-Louisville
4-Duke(drops to 5 if miami wins tommorrow)
5-Miami
6-Kansas
7-Georgetown
8-Ohio State(if win tommorrow they move up to 7)
9-New Mexico
10-Florida
11-Michigan St
12-Syracuse(could move up to 10 with win)
13-Michigan
14-Wisconsin
15-Kansas St
16-Saint Louis(ucla could pass them if win pac 12 tourney)

Louisville drops to what with a loss?

Your list seems reasonable.

Louisville drops to what with a loss?

Your list seems reasonable.

depends what kind of loss if its close they stay where they are or drop to 4th 1 seed if its a blowout probably would either give duke and miami 1 seeds or give kansas the nod over 1

this all really comes down to money and protecting the higher seeds. money wise they will try to put the 1-4 seeds where it helps the most. Miami/fl/marq dont matter no place really helps any of them over someone else. philly has to choose between gtown-duke and SU if they win. Duke/SU make the most money. but su will draw the most by far in philly. OSU if they lose should fall behind us but who could they send there to pack the place?

so many are locked. kansas/ind/msu/kst/Louis/

Austin/san jose will have no draws

goes straight by s curve when placing teams

the committee doesnt compare teams based on conferences though

No but they certainly count strength of schedule. And when you're bumping heads with top 20 teams night in and night out, the Committee takes notice.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom