RPI up to #11, BPI up to #7 | Syracusefan.com

RPI up to #11, BPI up to #7

Committee is taking a more holistic view towards teams now, too, so RPI in the top-12 is a big factor. Imagine another top-5-ish win vs. Ville could push SU to Philly?

Crap, are we sniffing a 2 seed?

Problem is there were at least a dozen teams that were ahead of us coming into this week and just about all of them are still alive in their own tournaments. I think we're a 4 seed with an outside chance at a 3 if we win tonight and some other teams lose. To me a 2 is not in the cards but that's fine with me. I'm just happy to see SU playing much better basketball.

Just as long as they put SU in Philly and DC...don't care if SU is a 1, 2, 3 or 4 seed.

this year has to be one of the toughest for the sc. outside of the top 5 most teams have a lot of scars and not a hoard of good wins- i think we are a 4 now but as a team who was top 15 the majority of the year .. slipped and now is rushed back into the mix beating #17 and # 5 back to back... anything could happen.. if we beat the ville we are a top 3 seed imo. i don't think we could bump osu off the 2 line

So New Mexico is a 1 seed?

Stop trying to make BPI happen ESPN it is never going to happen.

tumblr_mcf8loptxV1rwq30eo1_500.gif

Rpi 11 + neutral court victory over Ville + BET title = 2 seed.

Science'd.

You need to take 6 of these 13 teams out in order to fit SU into a 2 seed. Indiana, Gonz, Duke, Lville, Gtown, Kansas, Miami, MSU, OSU, Michigan, New Mexico, Kansas State and Florida. Which six are you taking out?

As someone pointed out, there is a big difference between being a 5 seed and a 4. I'm not sure there is much difference however between a 3 and a two. At that point, where you play is probably more important than who you play. Just guessing, of course.

As someone pointed out, there is a big difference between being a 5 seed and a 4. I'm not sure there is much difference however between a 3 and a two. At that point, where you play is probably more important than who you play. Just guessing, of course.

Not much difference between a 3 and a 2, no. As long as we get up to the 3 seed line, we're fine. Of course, playing well and not getting sent out West as a 3 seed would be nice.

You need to take 6 of these 13 teams out in order to fit SU into a 2 seed. Indiana, Gonz, Duke, Lville, Gtown, Kansas, Miami, MSU, OSU, Michigan, New Mexico, Kansas State and Florida. Which six are you taking out?
I don't know. Michigan for sure, the rest I don't know.

We're not the flawed team that lost 4 of 5 any more. We are the rpi 11 team at this point, add in a win over Louisville and its time to start justifying why those teams should be ahead of us.

Not saying 2 is a lock, but I'd put my money on 2 if I had too.

I don't know. Michigan for sure, the rest I don't know.

We're not the flawed team that lost 4 of 5 any more. We are the rpi 11 team at this point, add in a win over Louisville and its time to start justifying why those teams should be ahead of us.

Not saying 2 is a lock, but I'd put my money on 2 if I had too.

Just make sure that is money you can do without.

Just make sure that is money you can do without.
Don't worry, it's purely hypothetical and I'm pretty sure there's no market for bets like that anyways. But I do appreciate your concern, slow and steady wins the race.

Committee is taking a more holistic view towards teams now, too, so RPI in the top-12 is a big factor. Imagine another top-5-ish win vs. Ville could push SU to Philly?

More holistic view means

1) Less emphasis on a single number like RPI
2) No over emphasis on conference tourney games. A result in November means as much as a result in March.

Essentially te entire body of work.

So basically its the exact opposite of what you and others are doing ,

MSU, OSU, Michigan, NM, KSU and Florida. There, 6.

I think we are a three seed if we win. We would be 3 and 3 versus Georgetown and Louisville. I know auburn hills is one of the pods for the first two rounds, but those three wins would be just as good or better than any of the wins Michigan had this year. Michigan state beat Ohio state once this year, otherwise they really wouldn't have the wins we have either if they lose today.

MSU, OSU, Michigan, NM, KSU and Florida. There, 6.

5 of those 6 have the chance to win their conference tournaments. Believe it or not there are other tournaments going on.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom