Running the Point | Syracusefan.com

Running the Point

Boeheim was badly out coached in the 2nd half. Shot selection, rebounding and coaching cost us this game. Girard should not be getting the minutes he’s been getting. Kadary didn’t exactly light the world on fire today either but he brings more to the table on a bad night than Girard does.

I would just have preferred we practiced and not scheduled a game. I don't even care about this season at this point. Not because of one loss either.

at some point t someone has to tell Joe Girard he’s not going to average 50ppg in college. He plays like that is the goal. The goal is actually to win the frigging game. Having an 11 point lead isn’t a green light to start chucking 25 footers without passing the ball.

Griffin has actually reeled in most of his bad shots and he’s making plays at the end of the game. The occasional turnaround fall away 15 footer I can still do without, but...
On that last inbound play Joe has to at least try to get open if he’s not the number 1 option. It was almost like he didn’t to want to participate since he wasn’t involved in the play.

at some point t someone has to tell Joe Girard he’s not going to average 50ppg in college. He plays like that is the goal. The goal is actually to win the frigging game. Having an 11 point lead isn’t a green light to start chucking 25 footers without passing the ball.

Griffin has actually reeled in most of his bad shots and he’s making plays at the end of the game. The occasional turnaround fall away 15 footer I can still do without, but...
On that last inbound play Joe has to at least try to get open if he’s not the number 1 option. It was almost like he didn’t to want to participate since he wasn’t involved in the play.
Agreed, how does the primary ball handler stand and watch as the inbounder is jammed up?

I like Joe don't get me wrong but hes just a contributor and a guy who has to earn any playing time.

Guys like him transfer if 2 good recruits come in.

We also have another guard who plays too much for the coaches sentimental reasons. So Joe out there a ton doubles down on that.

Before his 3-11 game tonight (2-8 from three), he was at:

31.6% FG, 32.7% 3PT FG for the year.
34.2% FG, 32.5% 3PT FG for his career.

I've posted his eFG, TS, etc ad nauseum here. They aren't good.

JGIII should not be starting. It should be Kadary. I've said this since the first game.

And, btw, it's not just JGIII. Buddy, before this game (3 for 12 from the field, 2 for 10 from three), he was, for the year, 34.8% from the field and 25.9% from three.

Get Kadary in the game and play him a lot.

JGIII should not be starting. It should be Kadary. I've said this since the first game.

And, btw, it's not just JGIII. Buddy, before this game (3 for 12 from the field, 2 for 10 from three), he was, for the year, 34.8% from the field and 25.9% from three.

But we can’t have a 4th guard when almost literally every team actually recruits 4 scholarship guards.

There were a couple of us saying that KR was, by far, the best, and only, true PG on the team before the season.

JG is an easy target - and for very good reasons, as your stats show. His lack of hustle on D is almost as glaring as his poor shooting and poor shot selection. But, there are several other flaws with this team. Hate to see JG singled out as the primary reason.

Boeheim was badly out coached in the 2nd half. Shot selection, rebounding and coaching cost us this game. Girard should not be getting the minutes he’s been getting. Kadary didn’t exactly light the world on fire today either but he brings more to the table on a bad night than Girard does.
And it was Jeff Chapel.

yeah but spacing and eye tests, tho
also Kadarys defensive analytics blow away everyone else as well..but whatever

Also, what a waste of an amazing showing from Earl.

Reserving enough energy to stand around on defense?
Rhetorical Ofcourse. But everyone pretty much stopped after they didn’t get the ball on their initial cut/track. You have to keep moving to space and help out the teammate.

There was more culprits than just JG, but it’s still frustrating.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom