Class of 2020 - Russell Maher (NY) A/M Flipped to Virginia | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2020 Russell Maher (NY) A/M Flipped to Virginia

Inaugural Midnight Mania: O'Neill's Highlight Goal, 12 Standouts, Box Scores

Russell Maher | A | Mt. Sinai (N.Y.) | LI Express | Syracuse
Undoubtedly one of the most impressive dodgers at the event, Maher simply showed a knack for getting to the cage with vengeance. As his team’s top initiator (often from the wings), the Orange commit scoring multiple goals in each of the night's two games, including an eye-popping backhander. He had moments of brilliance dodging from above the cage, enough to potentially run midfield on occasion going forward.

He was on his campus visit, this seems like a new thing as there was a basketball recruit having a photo shoot too? Seems a bit weird with all the flips happening now?

Ok this is bad. That’s two major decommits in a month.

JeremyCuse i hope what you said about JW watching the program closely is true. Something is going on. Could it be a matter of available scholarship money?

Last edited:
Literally everyone good is leaving like seriously what is happening.

WOW WOW WOW WOW. Yikes Desko, somebody better tell this guy he's got to get his act together. What has played out over the last few months in recruiting is disturbing.

Personally, I thought he should be on the hot seat this season, its final four or bust. Now with this recruiting nonsense going on, he definitely needs his cage rattled.

what the hell is going on here? all of our top commits are decommitting which is not typical for syracuse lacrosse. is this the staffs fault for just thinking people should want to come play for us and other schools are scooping them up for pursuing them harder or what?

Just saw above on this that September 23rd he tweets a picture of him in a Syracuse jersey. October 19th he flips to Virginia. UVA is a better academic school but not a "hey can't blame him for going to Harvard" situation. They just won their first regular season acc game and made the playoffs for the first time in a very long time this year. They also always have a large amount of stacked offensive recruits so its a real battle for playing time on offense. Add that to the two other people who left this month. There is some serious conspiracy theory worthy s*** going on right now.

Now the staff has got to scramble to find some kids for this class. Thats three offensive players that have decommitted in 2020.

Ok this is bad. That’s two major decommits in a month.

JeremyCuse i hope what you said about JW watching the program closely is true. Something is going on. Could it be a matter of available scholarship money?

This is bad and I have no explanation for it. Losing Blake is one thing and understandable but now to lose two more high end offensive guys including a NY kid, something is horribly wrong right now. Wow can't think of the adjective to describe how bad this is right now.

Think there are a few factors going on here 1) a really upsetting trend is emerging that the coaches can't seem to get a handle on and 2) Syracuse is seeing early recruiting rear it's ugly head - someone posted in another thread about Notre Dame and UVa not having a lot of Top Players committed (I think ND has one total 2020 commit). Now those teams who usually have high rankings are starting to recruit and a lot of the high level kids seem to already be committed. Which leaves those schools with few options. The Irish flipped a lot of kids last year as well. Time for the SU coaches to get their act in gear.

I'm usually one of the guys trying to convince others to get down from the ledge when stuff like this happens. I can't even think of what I would say to attempt that. Only that hopefully this makes the coaches wake up a little and recruit. I was going to post in the Fire the OC thread that it's been a lack of talent that has caused the title/final four drought, but someone else did that already, and this is a bad development in that trend.

2kiezq.jpg

Obviously you guys haven't heard yet. The brain trust is only recruiting defense now- shot clock or not they are hoping to bore their fan base to death along with their opponents.

Carter decommitted becuase he wanted to be close to his girlfriend, probably why he hasn’t picked a new school yet. Russell, I’m guessing, saw the others decommitted and flipped to Virginia. Sad day.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom