Class of 2014 - Rutgers disintegrating | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2014 Rutgers disintegrating

It's obvious I set my sights higher on football relivent teams.

Good point, but I just don't hate any team as much as I hate them at this moment. The last 10 years of their crap is hard to forgive. I'm sure in a couple years, I'll find someone else to hate :)

Seems to me we are pretty deep into the process at this point to worry about Franklin pulling a scholly and us benefiting. If that does happen though, I can imagine Rutgers being a beneficiary.
No, I am not saying we are getting any of thier recruits, just saying how interesting it all is. For that matter, we ain't getting any Rutgirls recruits either. Holley for sure, no way, and the only other is Cabinda and I for one think we filled his spot and have other more important needs. I also am leaning that IF PSU cut a player or pulled a scholarship, it wouldn't be Jason as he appears a need for this class they put together, but again one never knows when a new sheriff comes to town what he may do. Just some filler material while we wait on our last few committs to come in. Does Franklin dare go over the magic number "23" and should he, what does the lame NCAA do about it? Now that would be a fire storm!

taxascpa...I see your point. RU fans have made it easy to dislike them since they feel they are on the same level as Ohio State.

We aren't getting Cabinda or Holley.
At this point with what looks like a tight class coming down to the wire, we wouldn't have a solid committable offer for him anyway, would we? (Cabinda that is) Holley has already showed his true colors and is about a "Brand" and I came to realize we were never in the mix for this kid. We will get there, but for now at least we need to keep doing what the team is doing, bringing in good quality kids that want to be here.

Who cares about Rutgers. Enough!!!
Why would you not care about a program we competed against for a while and still compete against on the recruiting trail. As only a handful of schools in the northeast that actually recruit good players, why would you not be interested in what our competition (In Recrutiing) is doing. A WORSE RUTGERS IS BETTER FOR US! THAT'S WHY WE CARE! Stop being so short-sighted

Why would you not care about a program we competed against for a while and still compete against on the recruiting trail. As only a handful of schools in the northeast that actually recruit good players, why would you not be interested in what our competition (In Recrutiing) is doing. A WORSE RUTGERS IS BETTER FOR US! THAT'S WHY WE CARE! Stop being so short-sighted
This. The state of the football program at Rutgers is directly related to the state of the football program at Syracuse. It's a NE rival for athletes, academics, etc, and until the state university in NJ collapses and closes its doors forever, it will always be my rival. BC will probably make a run in the coming years to replace Rutgers as the most hated simply because of the ACC.

You could make the case that the losses to Rutgers and UCONN over the past 10 years were the most harmful to the program.

That combined with their shortsighted view on history (ie. they both have sucked far longer than we've been good) and the bragging that follows?

Yeah, root for their demise.

Seems to me we are pretty deep into the process at this point to worry about Franklin pulling a scholly and us benefiting. If that does happen though, I can imagine Rutgers being a beneficiary.
Our benefit isn't necessarily immediate, but in the future if he offends some HS coaches by pulling scholarships or "forcing" grayshirts on their players.

Our benefit isn't necessarily immediate, but in the future if he offends some HS coaches by pulling scholarships or "forcing" grayshirts on their players.
My sentiments exactly, thier could be a long term benefit, albeit we'll have to wait and see if that actually helps us. The other sentiment in this is for him to turn down top talent and get blasted by his alumni for it out of the gate! You just can't please rvreybody, that is why I think he pulls a scholly or tries to gray shirt somebody and they either go along or leave.

I very much agree. Relationships with coaches is the lifeblood of the recruiting business. I don't know exactly why but I've never been too worried about competing against PSU for recruits. Maybe it's been my perception that we target different levels of recruits. I've always been more concerned with BC, , and Rutgers. If we win the battles against those three then we win.

My dad and I were looking through different law schools on the east coast, trying to figure out which would be a good fit for me. At one point he said "Hey what about Rutgers?" I laughed and told him good joke.​

At this point with what looks like a tight class coming down to the wire, we wouldn't have a solid committable offer for him anyway, would we? (Cabinda that is) Holley has already showed his true colors and is about a "Brand" and I came to realize we were never in the mix for this kid. We will get there, but for now at least we need to keep doing what the team is doing, bringing in good quality kids that want to be here.

If Cabinda wanted to come here, we would take him in a heartbeat with a nice solid, committable offer.

Cabinda was part of the A-list of LB recruits, at least in the eyes of the staff.

amazingly Ruts not rated QB they just picked up off the scrap heap yesterday was given 4 stars by ESPN. If it wasn't obvious before ESPN greatly overvalues qb's

amazingly Ruts not rated QB they just picked up off the scrap heap yesterday was given 4 stars by ESPN. If it wasn't obvious before ESPN greatly overvalues qb's

lol, you've got to be kidding me.

anomander said:

I thought ESPN was the straight shooting honest recruiting site. At least that's what many here have said.

Rutgers was his only FBS offer! Eastern Michigan didn't even offer after he visited.

He is now the 21st-ranked QB according to ESPN!

Last edited:
I thought ESPN was the straight shooting honest recruiting site. At least that's what many here have said.

You're twisting what was said - ESPN was lauded because they provide a player evaluation for each and every recruit that they assign a ranking to.

You're twisting what was said - ESPN was lauded because they provide a player evaluation for each and every recruit that they assign a ranking to.
Additionally, it's been said more than once that ESPN tends to over value QB's. This appears to be a classic example.

Additionally, it's been said more than once that ESPN tends to over value QB's. This appears to be a classic example.
They like our 2 qb recruits as well. Just saying.

Why don't we play them in a series already! West Virginia too. The Dome would be packed for either and the 3 fan bases could get good and riled at each other. Can't the Athletic Departments get passed the bad feelings and see that this is what the fans want, even if they won't admit it?

Why don't we play them in a series already! West Virginia too. The Dome would be packed for either and the 3 fan bases could get good and riled at each other. Can't the Athletic Departments get passed the bad feelings and see that this is what the fans want, even if they won't admit it?
I could see both of them OOC someday. WVU probably before Rutgers though because of our history with WVU. And I would think we will be seeing WVU in a bowl game too someday.