Class of 2014 - Rutgers disintegrating | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2014 Rutgers disintegrating

Do you think the Rutgers people are as obsessed with the Cuse like some SU fans are with them?

yes...they have many more names for us than we have for them
amazingly Ruts not rated QB they just picked up off the scrap heap yesterday was given 4 stars by ESPN. If it wasn't obvious before ESPN greatly overvalues qb's

Chris Christie just threatened to block their website from the New Jersey internet providers...

If Cabinda wanted to come here, we would take him in a heartbeat with a nice solid, committable offer.

Cabinda was part of the A-list of LB recruits, at least in the eyes of the staff.
I agree he was high on their list but with 3 very good LB prospects on the books, we aren't hurting at that position, IMO. Not a likely scenario anyway, and I only mentioned him as it was quoted by another. So, you think we would take Cabinda over say Thomas? No way in my mind. Plus we have a huge weekend coming up with Thomas, Enoicy, and Sapp (DT) with quite a few others not to mention Ward and Ish in the wings along with a swaying Watson who isn't totally out of the question to flip. Maybe he was A-list at one point, but I don't see it at this juncture. Last I saw we had 3 possibly 4 positions open and that is it. So I can't say that I agree with you unless we have an opening, period.

Even more intresting then Rutgirls demise, is that according to PSU forum, Franklin is weighing in on what to do with this latest flip. His class is now officailly full (23) and he has at least two blue chips ( 5 star OT Prince and 4 star S Amani Oruwariye) that look like they want to come there. The ONLY alternative is for Franklin is to pull a schooly or two from other previously committed players. Not saying he does this, but I got blasted by the supreme chancellor on this one already, and all I have to say is never say anything is impossible. To me, this is going to be quite interesting down the stretch while we wait on our possible last committs as well. Ofcourse Gray Shirting is a possibility in play, but the penalty there is loosing a slot or two in next years class and of course the players have to agree to it. Reragdless, as I anticipated, there are players on this recruiting class for PSU that are sweating this out coming down the stretch.
News has it (Unofficial and I wonder why!) that Amani Oruwariye (CB) will be committing to PSU and also Powell (k) as a wlk on. If true, that brings PSU up to 24 plus they just sent out an offer to a 4 star OT recruit from Ohio State in the past few days. Just saying guys, something's got to give here or they are working some kind of deal with the NCAA. Even their fan forums are wondering what is going to happen.

I agree he was high on their list but with 3 very good LB prospects on the books, we aren't hurting at that position, IMO. Not a likely scenario anyway, and I only mentioned him as it was quoted by another. So, you think we would take Cabinda over say Thomas? No way in my mind. Plus we have a huge weekend coming up with Thomas, Enoicy, and Sapp (DT) with quite a few others not to mention Ward and Ish in the wings along with a swaying Watson who isn't totally out of the question to flip. Maybe he was A-list at one point, but I don't see it at this juncture. Last I saw we had 3 possibly 4 positions open and that is it. So I can't say that I agree with you unless we have an opening, period.
100% we would.

Watson's not happening either.

100% we would.

Watson's not happening either.
Guess its a mote point, but hope we get Thomas just the same. Think he has huge potential and boy it would be nice to drag this one back up years down the road! :)

Rutgers was his only FBS offer! Eastern Michigan didn't even offer after he visited.

He is now the 21st-ranked QB according to ESPN!

That is why I really don't trust the ratings all that much. It would be nice to see our class rated higher, but I trust the coaches and I really like that they have put together so far.

I thought ESPN was the straight shooting honest recruiting site. At least that's what many here have said.

I think it's more what Tep said. I like them because at least you have an evaluation, but I have also criticized them because they don't adjust their rankings for basically anyone under a 4 star rating after their initial grading is done, which is usually after their JR season.

That is why I really don't trust the ratings all that much. It would be nice to see our class rated higher, but I trust the coaches and I really like that they have put together so far.

I totally agree, but we also need to work on how our program is viewed. We need to continue to enhance the perception of our program. As stupid as it sounds we have to have the talking heads start to recognize us. It will help attract talent

You're twisting what was said - ESPN was lauded because they provide a player evaluation for each and every recruit that they assign a ranking to.

Not twisting anything or any single post. I've absolutely read the touting of ESPN compared to other sites.

Last edited:
Not twisting anything or any single post. I've absolutely read the touting of ESPN compared to other sites.

I admit I was one of those people touting espn over the others. I may have to reevaluate my position.

Last edited by a moderator:
I admit I was one of those people touting espn over the others. I may have to reevaluate my position.

I wouldn't worry about it. None are perfect or even great. Even the experts, the college coaches, miss on many. Heck the NFL spends millions on player evaluations and screw up. It's not an exact science. So much is the "want to". Something hard to rate.

It must of been fun for them to be in their second bowl game since 1885 5 years ago. Now they can return to it instead of being a anchor of the mighty aac.

Last edited:
Rutgers currently has 3 of the headlines on the right side of ESPN.com.

Probe: Rutgers assistant didn't bully player

WR recruit Blacknall switches to Penn State
watch_headlines.png

Sources: Friedgen likely to Rutgers as OC

those-awkward-moments-when-you-cant-stop-laughing_851.gif