Class of 2014 - Rutgers disintegrating | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2014 Rutgers disintegrating

perdurabo

2nd String
Coach Kyle Flood has lost eight football commitments — many of them high-impact, four-star talent — from the class. Although Rutgers enters Saturday’s Pinstripe Bowl as a 14-point underdog to No. 25 Notre Dame (8-4), many in the fan base are far more concerned about the future.

Gone are Hester, a four-star DePaul safety; four-star St. Peter’s Prep running back Jonathan Hilliman; four-star quarterback Tyler Wiegers; and four-star receiver Adonis Jennings, among others.

"I’ve never seen so many guys jump ship without a head coach leaving," said Tom Lemming, CBS Sports Network’s recruiting analyst. "They lost all their good ones except [four-star WR] Saeed Blacknall.

"It was turning out to be a real good class until this. It’s kind of evaporated."

Jared Shanker, who covers East Coast recruiting for ESPN.com, concurred.

"You don’t really see something like this happen too often, a wave of decommitments like they’ve had," he said.

- See more at: http://www.northjersey.com/sports/2...ng_minds_on_Rutgers.html#sthash.pkRCy5Ma.dpuf

I am not a Rutgers hater or obsessed with Jersey St like some but it's interesting how contagious negativity and or a positive vibe is. Looks like Flood will be done for sure after next year and who they bring in should be interesting, you could see a Mike Riley type deal with Schiano if TB gives him one more year.

They must be getting destroyed by opposing staffs. Payback is always a bitch

no way shady is going back unless he takes a big cut in pay from the last time.....his staff and him were going to have to take cuts last time,that's why he bailed. they are broke

does anyone know if we are offering these kids. Seems like if I was a recruit with questions about the school/coach that I just decommited from, the Cuse with HCSS no nonsense approch would be a good landing place.

Syracuse was in Newark recently where Rutgers commit LB Sidney Gopre plays. Could he be a future Rutgers decommitt?

Let's see...... Their class is ranked 23 or so places above ours at this point So I hope we can do just as bad as them.

Let's see...... Their class is ranked 23 or so places above ours at this point So I hope we can do just as bad as them.
It won't be for long.

Coach Kyle Flood has lost eight football commitments — many of them high-impact, four-star talent — from the class. Although Rutgers enters Saturday’s Pinstripe Bowl as a 14-point underdog to No. 25 Notre Dame (8-4), many in the fan base are far more concerned about the future.

Gone are Hester, a four-star DePaul safety; four-star St. Peter’s Prep running back Jonathan Hilliman; four-star quarterback Tyler Wiegers; and four-star receiver Adonis Jennings, among others.

"I’ve never seen so many guys jump ship without a head coach leaving," said Tom Lemming, CBS Sports Network’s recruiting analyst. "They lost all their good ones except [four-star WR] Saeed Blacknall.

"It was turning out to be a real good class until this. It’s kind of evaporated."

Jared Shanker, who covers East Coast recruiting for ESPN.com, concurred.

"You don’t really see something like this happen too often, a wave of decommitments like they’ve had," he said.

- See more at: http://www.northjersey.com/sports/2...ng_minds_on_Rutgers.html#sthash.pkRCy5Ma.dpuf
thanks for starting another topic on this.

Excellent! Another lazy critic, just what we need!

They have 3 commits that had Cuse offers, only 1 of whom (Applefield) we have yet to recruit over. Their remaining recruiting rankings are propped up by a stunning number of 3 star recruits who lack any other P5 offers while Syracuse are landing (and holding onto) recruits over some big name schools yet are rated lower. There is an obvious reason for this.

Yeah except our average star rating per recruit is the same 2.8

They are rated higher only bc they have more kids
Last I knew you need players to play the game.

No more Rutgers crap...PLEASE!!!
Some in our fanbase are...
pathObses.jpg

Last edited:
Last I knew you need players to play the game.

Sure do but If you prefer more kids that lack any other big school interest you probaby have a different definition of what a player is than most here do. Being a player is more than just filling a roster spot while your coach tries to recruit over you.

Kill This thread

Im relatively new to this board, but it seems to me there is an unhealthy obsession by some posters with Rutgers (Butgirls, etc). I can see why in the Big East they were rivals but we're no longer in the same conference and aside from battling them for some of the same recruits who cares about these guys? Shouldn't we be setting our sights on the Clemson/Florida State's of the world? Let's raise our standards not lower them.

Im relatively new to this board, but it seems to me there is an unhealthy obsession by some posters with Rutgers (Butgirls, etc). I can see why in the Big East they were rivals but we're no longer in the same conference and aside from battling them for some of the same recruits who cares about these guys? Shouldn't we be setting our sights on the Clemson/Florida State's of the world? Let's raise our standards not lower them.

It goes like this. There fans are so delusional with thoughts of grandeur after largely being dismantled for decades by us - that they have born in us a vested interest in their demise. I bet it will fade away as they become fodder for the big boys in the B1G. Our hatred will switch to NC State or VT. But for the time being - it is fun to watch them slip back into utter suckitude.