Rutgers game is huge | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

Rutgers game is huge

This the opening day for the new Dome after $120MM+ investment. There are soooo many reasons we have to win this game.

You know Schiano circled this game.
They may have circled the game, expecting a win, but the Orange will ensure it is circled as a loss!

Last edited:
I think Schiano likes playing junk offense tbh.
Gleeson is the OC and is expected to be a big time coach over time

The main concern for RU is hanging onto him if RU starts to do well

They are overpaying him, and Fran Brown right now, and would have to continue that if they want to keep these two

This the opening day for the new Dome after $120MM+ investment. There are soooo many reasons we have to win this game.

Back before we installed field turf in the dome, I will never forget him getting interviewed before a game and telling the reporter that he just wanted to get his kids through the game because he was so concerned about field-related injuries. It was a window into his style of recruiting. Complete JA.

he will test the ol immediately!!!!

The Rutgers games will be huge.

BUT, no game is more important than the next game on the schedule vs OHIO.

We kickoff in 10 days.
Right. If we can’t get past Ohio, the Rutgers game becomes moot.
It’s just gotta happen. The Orangemen have to find a way. To not only best Ohio, but beat them convincingly. That’s my fondest , orangest hope.

Last edited:
Maybe so but I guess we can judge it on the attendance for a team we consider little sister. I just get the sense the last few of these games were played at a level of a rivalry. With Schiano back I think this will ratchet it up once again. I should revise what I said. This is what a rivalry is now. It pales in comparison to what our rivals were in the 90s when the teams were both operating at high levels. To me, the Miami rivalry (very one sided mind you) ran from like 92-01. We lived for that game. They had 4-5 rivalries but for Syracuse that was the big one.

BC to me is a personal rivalry that I probably give more credence to than the average person because I'm a proud Bostonian who went to Syracuse. It means more to me to beat them. However, I can't think of many games where both teams were solidly ranked (92/93/94 might be it?)
Good post. Even before those that you mention, we had a fierce rivalry with Joe Paterno for a good ten years.

Gleeson is the OC and is expected to be a big time coach over time

The main concern for RU is hanging onto him if RU starts to do well

They are overpaying him, and Fran Brown right now, and would have to continue that if they want to keep these two
Based on over a century of futility, that shouldn’t be much of an issue.

With the Delta Variant, covid testing for kids, I'm downgrading our crowd to 32K

NY State Fair attendance is awful

if we are 2-2 or better after 4 games there is hope in this season. 1-3 and we will be lucky to get to 3 wins. 3-1 and 6-8 wins is on the table

My Rutgers tickets sold today. That is a good sign...Hopefully sold to Orange fans.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom