Rutgers game is huge | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Rutgers game is huge

It really isn't. It's big because it's a winnable game but different conferences and Schiano will do better in NJ because that is where he located and he will always do what he does. Schiano will make Rutgers respectable but that will be about it. ( 5-7 wins a year) His track record speaks for itself.

If Syracuse plan for success is pulling a bunch of talent out of NJ and out recruiting Schiano and a bunch of other B10 programs there well good luck. It's way overfished by everyone.

Michigan, Michigan State, Notre Dame, Nebraska, Wisconsin, Ole Miss, Virginia Tech, Stanford, Syracuse, BC, Wake, NC State, Vandy, Temple all landed a player in the Top 25 of committed NJ players in the class of 2021.

I think the game is big because of our need to erase the memories of 1-10 very quickly. But not from a NJ recruiting perspective.

I think Schiano will use the Pitt gameplan against us. Who the starting QB is will determine if we win or not.

I think Schiano will use the Pitt gameplan against us. Who the starting QB is will determine if we win or not.

Schiano will try and do what he always does in these type of games, muck it up and make it a defensive rock fight, run the ball a ton, hit a big play, and try and dominate special teams and get a specials score as well.

The issue for SU is that under Babers we haven't always been a High IQ Team, in fact we have at times looked like a low IQ football team, Schiano feasts on these type of teams. Expect to see at least 4-5 trick plays, a fake punt, tons of mis-direction etc. The good news for SU is that RU doesn't have an elite level offense and they have basically Vedrel at QB and nothing behind him. Will be a fascinating game.

the best recruiting historically, occurred under schiano's watch. worst of which he shut us out of nj. he has a good coaching staff and they recruit jersey well. i have not checked but they probably get some from nyc/li and philadelphia as well. right now they are rated 7th best class nationally. that will probably change albeit somewhat.----IF we can, we need to beat them BIG.
This was 10-20 years ago. We don't rely on NJ like we did. They won't finish 7th. They'll end up in the 40-55 range.

We don't need to dominate them like we did when they were in our conference.

Same old, same old

I’ll bet that Tommy starts this game and we win it

Garrett contributes with a touchdown (probably running but definitely in the red zone)

Our defense goes ape $#!% because Rutty does not have the line or RBs that Pitt does and also we are in our second year in the scheme with great talent and depth in the front seven due to the 4 super duper senior DL coming back.

Michigan, Michigan State, Notre Dame, Nebraska, Wisconsin, Ole Miss, Virginia Tech, Stanford, Syracuse, BC, Wake, NC State, Vandy, Temple all landed a player in the Top 25 of committed NJ players in the class of 2021.

I think the game is big because of our need to erase the memories of 1-10 very quickly. But not from a NJ recruiting perspective.

Agree 100%. It's big because if we want to go to a bowl game it's probably a game we will need to win. Don't think it will change NJ recruiting much. Id rather beat Wake ,Pitt NS St and or BC than Rutgers

Its big because if we can’t expect to beat Pitt and BC, we damn well better beat Rutgers.

It’s big because it’ll show us if ANY progress has truly been made since the Maryland beat down.

it’s big because we cannot afford a loss imo

Both will be very challenging games, but I actually think the game at Ohio is a bit more difficult than at home against Rutgers.

Its big because if we can’t expect to beat Pitt and BC, we damn well better beat Rutgers.

It’s big because it’ll show us if ANY progress has truly been made since the Maryland beat down.

it’s big because we cannot afford a loss imo
1622579722642.gif

New season coming. Maryland beat down. When was that?

Attachments

• 1622576626572.gif
    1622576626572.gif
    68.5 KB · Views: 79
Last edited:
Our stadium is so much better now than when he used to negative recruit it.
Once the Rutgers players see the scoreboard and play in A/C, they will call apart and tell future prospects to ignore Shady when he talks bad about SU's facilities.

Built momentum was cut off like a chain saw through butter that day. Awful
Yep, we blew getting GameDay, that was brutal.

As for Rutgers, I don't think it's any huger than most of the other winnable games on our schedule. But it's important, in the sense that, should we lose, this season may not turn out the way we hope. I'm not a big believer that single, head-to-head games have a tremendous impact on recruiting.

I’ll bet that Tommy starts this game and we win it

Garrett contributes with a touchdown (probably running but definitely in the red zone)

Our defense goes ape $#!% because Rutty does not have the line or RBs that Pitt does and also we are in our second year in the scheme with great talent and depth in the front seven due to the 4 super duper senior DL coming back.

Schiano will bring pressure all game right up the gut. So unless TD has grown by leaps and bounds, we will have a hard time on O. Especially so early in the season before the Ol can completely gel.

Schiano will bring pressure all game right up the gut. So unless TD has grown by leaps and bounds, we will have a hard time on O. Especially so early in the season before the Ol can completely gel.

So start the new guy, if TD still can’t handle that...

They won’t do it like pitt.

How many kids have we been in recruiting wars with Rutgers over the last 6 seasons?

That’s exactly the amount that this game matters more than any other OOC.

I think this game will be a near sell-out.

first home game with fans in about 22 months.
First look at the new renovations for most.
Rekindle our rivalry with Buttgers.
Lots of Buttgers fans make the trip up.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom