Rutgers Game... | Page 46 | Syracusefan.com

Rutgers Game...

Status
Not open for further replies.
IMO Chances are higher that Tommy wouldn’t have even thrown the ball to them. He’d have already gotten rid of it, been sacked, or ran to his right and threw it out of bounds.

But if he’d seen them, I agree...good chance he hits at least one of those.
last week he rolled to the right and made a throw on the run

I recall 5-3 vs Holy Cross in ‘72 maybe?
That rain game was against Tulane. I was soaked. Before the game, the cheerleaders used to throw small footballs in to the crowd. I always wanted to get one. I got 4 that day. there was almost no one else there. When Jake came out for the FG, Bill Hurley said God, make it Dave.

IMO Chances are higher that Tommy wouldn’t have even thrown the ball to them. He’d have already gotten rid of it, been sacked, or ran to his right and threw it out of bounds.

But if he’d seen them, I agree...good chance he hits at least one of those.
New plan. Tommy and Shrader in the backfield at same time. Shrader sees the field and tells Tommy where to throw it!

Rutgers beat us in Women's field hockey 1-0 in 2OT. I'm predicting same score in football.

I wish the sideline reporter asked Dino about DeVito and who was the QB in second half
DB wouldn't answer a question like that because "it could give competitive advantage" to the other team. :rolleyes:

Yup. This is where we are, the guy with a cannon doesn’t see the open receivers that the guy with a questionable arm does.

Bingo. At least Schrader will give us a chance once he calms down. Devito cannot see the field 1/2 the time. I like Schrader. Give him some more designed runs. Kid has some wheels.

All I know is I'm not wasting my last day of my Alaska vacation watching any more of the game. Hope we win

Tommy doesn't go through reads to find an open man to throw to. He makes a presnap choice and if that person isn't open he panics.
He isn't Tom Brady. but right now, the choice is between him and the other guy. Now, if we were going to run all game, fine. That was last week when the other guy didn't even play until mop up time. I had no problem bringing him in. It was keeping him in for the last drive which was going to be throwing that to me, was strange.

This coaching has me for a loss. DeVito is doing fine. Penalties and stupid play calling stopped our drives. You pull him for GS and he does poorly.
really the biggest What is why is Devito not back on the field for the last drive. You have your big arm on the bench for the drive that NEEDS the big arm. They have our passing QB run and short pass. And our running weaker arm QB tossing bombs…
My point would be …..
If that’s all the rope you’re going to give him .. why even have him as your starter ? He’s really not done anything to merit a demotion

i cant wait to see the back tracking when schrader throws a pick into double coverage... oh wait he almost did and no one said anything

New plan. Tommy and Shrader in the backfield at same time. Shrader sees the field and tells Tommy where to throw it!
Sadly, that isn't as crazy as it sounds. Maybe if someone hits Shrader while he is blocking these refs will call roughing the QB.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom