Rutgers gonna Rutgers... | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Rutgers gonna Rutgers...

At what point does any responsibility fall on President Barchi? Is he going to claim he knows nothing again? At this point I do believe that he knows nothing, but in a slightly different context. Since he was hand picked by Gov. Pork Rinds himself, I don't see any responsibility falling on his shoulders again.

From the nj.com op-ed piece:

“I will recruit an AD that shares my vision or I won’t hire him,” Rutgers president Robert Barchi promised two weeks before he hired Hermann, but once again, his school failed to do the thorough background check that could have prevented another PR nightmare.​
The oblivious Barchi promised an extensive vetting on the next basketball coach, then watched Deadspin reveal that Eddie Jordan never completed his degree – contrary to what was written in his bio on the athletics home page. But that blunder was trivial compared to this.​
Rutgers didn’t interview Ginger Hineline, the woman who sued Tennessee for pregnancy discrimination based largely on a dispute with Hermann. Rutgers didn’t contact anyone on her Tennessee teams to see what prompted her, in 1997, to switch into athletic administration.​

Of UConn, Syracuse, Rutgers I have said it consistently Rutgers is nothing more than a warm body playing Division 1 athletics and Syracuse and UConn should be in power conferences over RU. Rutgers wins absolutely nothing in any sport, and now Boston College's nickname of the Clowns should be forever given to Rutgers for the incompetent leadership.

ESPN Rittenberg's most recent tweets:

Rittenberg/Bennett@ESPN_Bi
Big Ten's addition of Rutgers looking worse and worse. But as long as the campus doesn't move, right?

Rittenberg/Bennett@ESPN_BigTen
1h

Hindsight 20-20, but Syracuse, despite no AAU membership, would have been much better move to increase presence in New York market

Cheers,
Neil
Does anyone here know for a fact that SU was not approached by the Big10 and then declined? I love our membership in the ACC and personally would have turned the big down. It just still seems odd that Delaney would take rutgers. SU has so much more to offer.

Lots of B10 fanboys came by ACC boards when it was announced that Syracuse was joining the league, to tell us all that you guys would not give us a real presence in NY. And, that you'd have zero impact in NY on any possible ACCN. Some of them STILL stick to that narrative.

I have to give them credit, though. They're consistent.

B1G fanboys make SEC fanboys seem tolerable.

The ACC is the perfect fit for Syracuse in athletics, academics and demographics.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2

B1G fanboys make SEC fanboys seem tolerable.

The ACC is the perfect fit for Syracuse in athletics, academics and demographics.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2

I agree 100 percent. Syracuse is a great fit in every way for the ACC.

Funny thing is, SEC fans were not negative towards the ACC during realignment. We had fans visit our board to tell us IF the ACC broke apart, that they'd want us in the SEC. Others preferred NCSU, or, VPI. Others would say that our media deal would hurt us long term, and, the original deal might've.

But, NONE of them (that I remember) said that the ACC WAS going to break apart. That was all on B10 fanboys and B12 honks. And, the B12 honks were TCU, Baylor, Iowa State, K-State, and, WVU fans. You know, the ones who would be left behind if the B12 breaks apart. And, they gradually disappeared as more and more great news from ACC HQ, ESPN, etc, came out.

But, the b10 fanboys persist in their nonsense. They will disappear soon, too. Right around July 1st, IMHO.

Doesn't say much for Louisville either. Makes me think that Rutgers lusted after Louisville's athletic success and figuring that Hermann may provide some magic for them , they assumed that Louisville had done their due diligence cheapening and short cutting their own search costs. What a negative legacy that the Rutgers administration has created. Long string of incompetence being displayed in major decisions and all at the expense of NJ taxpayers. Previously Rutgers was just irrelevant, now they are still irrelevant but also notorious.

Does anyone here know for a fact that SU was not approached by the Big10 and then declined? I love our membership in the ACC and personally would have turned the big down. It just still seems odd that Delaney would take rutgers. SU has so much more to offer.

Seems to me that neither you or Omni have this right.

The B1G move was aimed at getting revenue from cable companies and nothing else. IF the B1G network is added to the basic cable package in NJ it represents a huge revenue opportunity for the B1G.

They had to absorb Rutgers to get this. I doubt if they cared at all for the school, its teams, the fan base or any of that. I'm sure they had to hold their nose hard to choke Rutgers, the school, down.

It has little to do with who is NYC's favorite team or who brings the NY/NJ market. Its all about cable subscribers.

I get the B1G network as part of my FIOS package. I have never watched it and wouldn't pay anything for it if it were offered ala carte.

tumblr_lor3u3CqTY1qi88uuo1_400.gif

At what point does any responsibility fall on President Barchi? Is he going to claim he knows nothing again? At this point I do believe that he knows nothing, but in a slightly different context. Since he was hand picked by Gov. Pork Rinds himself, I don't see any responsibility falling on his shoulders again.
Meanwhile, former Gov. Richard Codey said he would call on Rutgers president Richard Barchi to resign.​
"Three strikes and you're out," Codey told The Star-Ledger. "A great university with great students and alumni deserve better. From the mishandling of the Rice situation to the Eddie Jordan thing, where they didn't know that he didn't have his degree, to a woman who can't remember that every member of her volleyball team called her to leave. You remember that on your death bed. She should go, too. You can't make this stuff up."​

Agreed. Any ONE of the incidents could happen at any institution. All of them could happen over a decade or two at any institution. But for all of them to happen in less than 6 months, that can only happen at Rutgers. :rolling:
Rutgers fans and alums are bottom feeders.And not coincidentally they act like that as well."Stupid" is too kind of a description.
Cheers,
Neil

Seems to me that neither you or Omni have this right.

The B1G move was aimed at getting revenue from cable companies and nothing else. IF the B1G network is added to the basic cable package in NJ it represents a huge revenue opportunity for the B1G.

They had to absorb Rutgers to get this. I doubt if they cared at all for the school, its teams, the fan base or any of that. I'm sure they had to hold their nose hard to choke Rutgers, the school, down.

It has little to do with who is NYC's favorite team or who brings the NY/NJ market. Its all about cable subscribers.

I get the B1G network as part of my FIOS package. I have never watched it and wouldn't pay anything for it if it were offered ala carte.

I think you may be misremembering my point. My point was that SU would get the upstate New York cable subscribers which by itself, if it were considered a separate state, would rank 13th in the nation. Getting the BTN on in the NYC area at full price would take the best combination of schools the BiG could get which would be ND, PSU, SU, and Rutgers.

It's why I still believe the final rumor out of Indianapolis was where the BiG truly was heading after it became apparent that they would have to settle for Nebraska since the Texas, ND, A&M strategy wasn't going to happen. That rumor was Nebraska as #12 with ND, Rutgers, Maryland, and SU to 16.

ND wasn't having it. The BiG stopped with Nebraska, then the ACC grabbed Pitt, SU, and ND as a partial only leaving Rutgers and Maryland. We may never know how close or not SU was to going to the BiG. Thankfully, with the GOR it looks like the ACC Armageddon scenario isn't going to play out and we landed in a conference that suits us for now. But I still am leery of the long-term stability of the ACC beyond the middle of the next decade. It all depends on UNC and FSU and whether or not adding SU, Pitt, and ND can draw enough northeastern eyeballs to make the ACC the undisputed third most stable and powerful conference behind the BiG and the SEC.

Cheers,
Neil

I can't believe I moved to this state.
I can't believe where my taxes go.
I can't believe it's not butter.
But more importantly, I can't believe I moved to this state.

This school's just plain embarrassing. I just discussed with my wife, athletics or not, no chance we let our son go there. He might not have anything to do with their athletic department anyway, but why would I trust an education from there?

Really sad and I do honestly feel bad for the school and its students.

This school's just plain embarrassing. I just discussed with my wife, athletics or not, no chance we let our son go there. He might not have anything to do with their athletic department anyway, but why would I trust an education from there?

NJ has its good points and places.

But Rutgers isn't one of them.

Why it is so bad at so many things is a mystery to me. There is some fundamental force that has kept the school's athletic programs from being even average over the past 50+ years I have been aware of them. It's as if the school is built on some ancient Indian burial ground or something.

For example, to be a large state university in and adjacent to two of the planet's major metro areas and not be able to put a competitive basketball team seems to be against all odds. How could they be so bad?

I moved to this state as well. It's my wife's fault, she was born here. I've sired 3 boys here. The 10 year old bleeds orange and detests Rutgers. His brothers will surely fall in line. For a school that prides itself on it's high level of academic excellence, they sure make some stupid decisions. I bet they are now longing for the days when they were irrelevant and anonymous instead of irrelevant and notorious. .

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom