Rutgers gonna Rutgers... | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Rutgers gonna Rutgers...

Last week, the New Jersey Legislature’s budget analyst said Gov. Chris Christie’s revenue estimates are off by about $700 million. In the future, I have no doubt NJ will siphon off the Big 10 money to cover non-athletic expenses at Rutgers.

Last week, the New Jersey Legislature’s budget analyst said Gov. Chris Christie’s revenue estimates are off by about $700 million. In the future, I have no doubt NJ will siphon off the Big 10 money to cover non-athletic expenses at Rutgers.

As well they should. At least until theyve paid off the money already syphened from that academic side (w/ interest) and beyond.

Lots of B10 fanboys came by ACC boards when it was announced that Syracuse was joining the league, to tell us all that you guys would not give us a real presence in NY. And, that you'd have zero impact in NY on any possible ACCN. Some of them STILL stick to that narrative.

I have to give them credit, though. They're consistent.

Only delusional Butgers and UConn fans actually believe this. Let's count the number of times Cuse is on the front or back page of the NYC tabloids vs. Butgers or UConn in the last 10 years. Probably like 200 for SU, 5 for UConn, and 2 for Butgers (and that's for the Mike Rice scandal). UConn fans think that because they generate some viewership numbers in southern Fairfield county (a tiny portion of the NY ADI) that means they have power in NYC when in fact nobody in the 5 boroughs, Long Island or Westchester has any interest in UConn...yet 60% of the enrollment at SU and tens of thousands of alumni comes from those areas.

And she denies recalling the situation?

That should prompt her dismissal.

Wow.
That's the thing that gets me. There is no way under any circumstances she could go through that and just forget it ever happened. No coach could ever not remember all their players telling them to go to hell and that they don't want to play for them any more.

That's the thing that gets me. There is no way under any circumstances she could go through that and just forget it ever happened. No coach could ever not remember all their players telling them to go to hell and that they don't want to play for them any more.
Maybe that's one of the things she forgot due to her lobotomy.:)

I moved to this state as well. It's my wife's fault, she was born here. I've sired 3 boys here. The 10 year old bleeds orange and detests Rutgers. His brothers will surely fall in line. For a school that prides itself on it's high level of academic excellence, they sure make some stupid decisions. I bet they are now longing for the days when they were irrelevant and anonymous instead of irrelevant and notorious. .
Both my wife and I are born and raised in Queens. She picked NJ over Long Island due to cancer fears/suspicions. I didn't love the idea to start, but oh well.

Like you, my boy was born and so far, raised here. Some nice areas, and plenty to do, close enough to the city. Still missing our home state and maybe get back there soon. :)
If not, we will make the most of it here (which certainly means school out of state).

I get the B1G network as part of my FIOS package. I have never watched it and wouldn't pay anything for it if it were offered ala carte.
You didn't watch the Syracuse at Minnesota football game? You're not going to watch the Syracuse at Northwestern game?

Only delusional Butgers and UConn fans actually believe this. Let's count the number of times Cuse is on the front or back page of the NYC tabloids vs. Butgers or UConn in the last 10 years. Probably like 200 for SU, 5 for UConn, and 2 for Butgers (and that's for the Mike Rice scandal). UConn fans think that because they generate some viewership numbers in southern Fairfield county (a tiny portion of the NY ADI) that means they have power in NYC when in fact nobody in the 5 boroughs, Long Island or Westchester has any interest in UConn...yet 60% of the enrollment at SU and tens of thousands of alumni comes from those areas.

UConn fans have some belief in things that are complete untruths. They falsely believe that BC blocked UConn's invite from the ACC. That is utter BS. BC doesn't have enough stroke in the league to block anybody. If 11 of the 14 members had voted for them, they'd be in the ACC right now. UConn got passed over because of lingering hard feeling over Blumenthal's 2003 lawsuit. And, because the southernmost flank of the league (FSU, Miami, GT, Clemson), VPI, and NCSU blocked them. Their football brand simply wasn't good enough.

Syracuse will be a key part of the future ACCN. It will draw in NY State, and, NYC. Will it be totally? Probably not, but, it will be enough to make a sizeable impact. I am looking forward to it.

You didn't watch the Syracuse at Minnesota football game? You're not going to watch the Syracuse at Northwestern game?

When there isn't a game on that I specifically want to watch, I ask FIOS to show me all the "Sports" that are on at that time. BTN, of course, comes up as an option. And I have never, to my recollection, seen anything on it that I'm remotely interested in watching.I can't imagine what the fuss is about. I'd rather watch a replay of a Bundesliga game than Iowa vs. Minnesota volleyball.

I miss those early season games. I spend September and part of Oct far away from the US. Weather is still great and the vacationing locals and tourists have all gone home. I follow things on the net.

In all seriousness now, this is pretty damning, if true:

"Those involved in interviewing Hermann say that Barchi was well aware of the lawsuit, and her comments at Hineline’s wedding. But Hermann told Craig Wolff that the subject of the lawsuit and video never came up during the interviewing process."

So, if true, and they still truly wanted to keep her, no one had the foresight to realize others would learn this and to come up with a strategy whereby they admit up front to this being part of her background in the 1990s and how much she has grown as a person and learned from that negative experience?

Talk about incompetence.

Cheers,
Neil

In all seriousness now, this is pretty damning, if true:

"Those involved in interviewing Hermann say that Barchi was well aware of the lawsuit, and her comments at Hineline’s wedding. But Hermann told Craig Wolff that the subject of the lawsuit and video never came up during the interviewing process."

So, if true, and they still truly wanted to keep her, no one had the foresight to realize others would learn this and to come up with a strategy whereby they admit up front to this being part of her background in the 1990s and how much she has grown as a person and learned from that negative experience?

Talk about incompetence.

Cheers,
Neil
Yeah I don't see any way Barchi or her survive this with their job. They never asked her about it? They never discussed it with the rest of the search committeee? She doesn't remember being part of her assistant coach and friends wedding? I've been in plenty of weddings and there are very good reasons for me not to remember many of them, but I do. Now can I list every wedding right now? Probably not. But if you asked was I at or in someones wedding the answer would be immediate. But "she has a great mind?" She doesn't remember a letter signed by her former players that led to her losing her job? BS. I can beleive she didn;t see the video if she was a witness at the employment suit. But no one ever mentioned to her afterwarsd..."Yeah they played a video from Ginger's wedding where you said..." Pure BS. Barchi and Rutgers legal rep need to go. Wasn't the counsel involved in the Rice non-decision also? Only at Rutgirls, girls will be girls and I guess so will the boys."

Did anyone really expect anything better for Rutgers? Seriously, building a real program is more about fundamentals of winners than media hype. Rutgers has been about hype instead of focusing on good character coaches and kids working hard and earning I. I'm not sure, but I would probably have had more respect for Rutgers if they tried to build their program on the SEC model than Hollywood Hype. At least paying kids and allowing kids not qualified for ninth grade let alone college is more honest that a school wants to win at any cost rather than slimey recruiting, weak schedules and other gimmicks.

This is amazing:
The Star Ledger is owned by Advance Publications Inc., an American media company owned the the descendants of Samuel Irving Newhouse, Sr. Its current Chairman and CEO is Samuel Irving Newhouse Jr. The Newhouse family has provided substantial financial support to Syracuse University, most recently a $15 million gift. Syracuse University has a public communications school named after SI Newhouse Sr. and is called the S.I. Newhouse School of Public Communications.

This answers my question about why the SL puts such a blatantly anti-Rutgers spin on everything.

http://rutgers.r ivals.com/showmsg.asp?fid=642&tid=164699377&mid=164699377&sid=988&style=2

This is amazing:
The Star Ledger is owned by Advance Publications Inc., an American media company owned the the descendants of Samuel Irving Newhouse, Sr. Its current Chairman and CEO is Samuel Irving Newhouse Jr. The Newhouse family has provided substantial financial support to Syracuse University, most recently a $15 million gift. Syracuse University has a public communications school named after SI Newhouse Sr. and is called the S.I. Newhouse School of Public Communications.

This answers my question about why the SL puts such a blatantly anti-Rutgers spin on everything.

http://rutgers.r ivals.com/showmsg.asp?fid=642&tid=164699377&mid=164699377&sid=988&style=2
I would argue that it is Rutgers putting an anti-Rutgers spin on everything.

Was that from a Rutgers' board? That's Penn State level denial there.

Was that from a Rutgers' board? That's Penn State level denial there.

It was. I guess they don't read the negative press Syracuse football receives from the PS.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom