Rutgirls at USF | Page 10 | Syracusefan.com

Rutgirls at USF

Despite your ongoing childish name calling, thanks for the level headed post.

As you know winning a conference game is always great(and on the road even better). I am not so sure that you would be 3-0 against our schedule given your battle against Tulane last year and the fact that you are 1-6 against USF lately...

I'm a pretty good judge of character and I calls em as I sees em. An hour after your win, you're trolling our boards for reaction. That's douchebaggery in my book. So I certainly won't retract and I don't find it childish.

And we would be 3-0. If you've watched our team (this year), that would be crystal clear.

But again, congrats on 1-0. Hopefully we can win the game in Piscataway and end the series 31-11-1 (pretty dominating don'cha think?)

Funny, RRRRUUUU is nowhere to be found after those awful performances vs Tulane and Howard, but a win vs USF and he' back.

I cant wait to 10/13. I will be at the game, and after a win there, I never want to speak of Rutgers again.

this is like arguing with a drunk midget who's threatening to beat up your girlfriend at 2am after last call has been announced.

this is like arguing with a drunk midget who's threatening to beat up your girlfriend at 2am after last call has been announced.
Except without the impending head butt to the nuts.

As you know winning a conference game is always great(and on the road even better). I am not so sure that you would be 3-0 against our schedule given your battle against Tulane last year and the fact that you are 1-6 against USF lately...
Tulane? Sure we played like crap and almost lost to them...but you guys didn't exactly blow them out this year...and as I remember you lost to them two years ago...nice try.

I see Schiano is living on in your team: holds, ed QB play , and smoke and mirrors. Is he still teaching them the Rutgers best play: diving at the OL knees after the game has been decided?

Can you believe that defense is part of the game?

Great win for Rutgers and coach Flood. 3-0...

I'll give credit. Your defense certainly took advantage of what was laid out for them. And in the 4th quarter, the RU pass rush made Daniels look drunk out there. And your wide receivers are massive and athletic.

But on the other hand, I'd be mortified if one of our running backs carried the ball 41 times. The kid is going to be out of gas by the end of the season. And your massive athletic WRs made your QB look mediocre instead of lousy.

rutgers is all driven by the ST and D creating points. they got a gift INT on the over rule mistake and a gift fumble on the kickoff the refs blew. much like the SU game last year.. how they continue to get other teams to make mistakes without actually doing anything is a mystery.. the the D played well for most of the game and they run that draw play pretty well all 20 times..

Unfortunately RRRUUU has a right to brag any way you look at it "as of today". We will see if you show up again when SU smokes RU this year. The offensive production of both USF and RU was atrocious last night.

Maybe 1-6 against USF lately...but Marrone is 1-2...and 2-1 v. Rutgers and 2-1 v. WV (has Rutgers ever beat them?). With that said, it has no bearing on our games this year. We have no gimmes ... but also not automatic losses. We'll find out a little more this week and v. Minnesota next week. While I agree we looked ok in losses...I am really hoping to know soon how we look in wins.

The buttgers fans reading this thread say we're delusional over on their board. A win is a win, I get it, but any buttgers fan who watched their team last night and is happy about the performance is the delusional one. wow. that was awful football from both teams.

Nova is terrible. 50% last night. Fine he can hit an open receiver 10 yards down the field right in front him. And he can do it with no pressure. SF did nothing to disquise packages or bring pressure. I think I recall one time Nova audibled (and he was wrong) and one time he went to a secondary receiver which he over threw. Anyone actually impressed with him last night doesn't know football. SF rushed 4 guys all night. Why they never brought pressure is beyond me.

The defense looks stout there's no question. But the 4 turnovers from SF were just boneheaded. The INT in the endzone - puhlease. This is stupid that doesn't normally happen. Give yourselves credit all you want but the reality is without the ridiculously bad play by SF you lose the game. Some of the bad play may be attributed to buttgers but seriously, BJ Daniels is a and they gift wrapped you points. 2 scoring possessions started inside the 30 yard line.

Jamison had right around 39 carries and 100 yards (terrible) until he busted off the 45 yarder. This is when numbers are deceiving when looking at a box score. I was happy to see Flood keep pounding him in there. He took a lot of shots.

SF coaching staff gets a huge thumbsdown. that was just a bad coaching performance. They are actually worse than buttgers staff.

Lets see what happens in our common BE schedule once again this year...

Marrones 0-whatever slide is mostly from common BE opponents.

And cue the mongoloid...nice win buddy. Flood "looks good on you though." I give you credit for showing up since I thought you may have hung yourself knowing that you were stuck in the Big MAC for the foreseeable future. Keep believing that the B10 is going to come calling, as you have for the last 5 years. Deep down though, we all know you are just a tad, tad worried that your athletic department is stuck in C-USA.

Again, 0-8 and counting...;)
7 - the number NBE games Syracuse has remaining.

0 - the number of NNBE games Syracuse will ever play.

I can't believe a thread about Rutgers/USF is 238 replies deep.

Rutgers looks the same to me, good on D with a lot of athletes, too many penalties, no QB, a good running back who will be beaten into the ground in another few games. They need brainfarts by the oppositions offense and plenty of turnivers to suceed. Horrible game really, big wr's as well. Hit that qb early and often and the game is over

That game was the football equivalent of watching a Big10 hoops game with Wisconsin. U-G-L-Y!!!
Wow, USF has no freaking clue on offense. It seemed like their whole game plan in the 2nd half was to let BJ run around and heave it deep. For his 4th year starting, he sure is poor at throwing any pass under 40 yards. A QB sneak on 4th and 1 late was an awful play call due to the fact that USF's interior OL had been putrid. How do you not try to get BJ around the end there? They look to be a very, very poorly coached team. That last kickoff by RU was comical.

As for RU, this is the 2nd time I've watched them this year (Tulane was the other) - they have a very solid D. Their specials were uncharacteristically bad last night. And their offense? How do you not put up 30+ pts a game with those WRs? Nova is bad, but what do you expect for a program that has grossly mismanaged the QB position since Teel graduated? I suspect Chas Dodd may start to take minutes away from Nova soon. Their OL looks pretty poor again this year. They probably could have been called for 2x as many holds and hands to the face as got called.

What were the refs thinking on the 2 non-called false starts on the RU kicker?

I'll give credit. Your defense certainly took advantage of what was laid out for them. And in the 4th quarter, the RU pass rush made Daniels look drunk out there. And your wide receivers are massive and athletic.

But on the other hand, I'd be mortified if one of our running backs carried the ball 41 times. The kid is going to be out of gas by the end of the season. And your massive athletic WRs made your QB look mediocre instead of lousy.

Jamison had that many carries because Huggins(who had been getting 10-15 carries) couldn't play. No doubt he will be our workhorse back though and I think he can handle it.

Nova is a true sophomore. He tends to overthrow our receivers and needs to go through his progressions better because we are very talented and deep at the WR position. Gary is learning to throw the ball away and is much smarter with the football then he was last year where he kept turning the ball over. With our defense he knows we should be in every game if we limit turnovers. He took a step forward yesterday and should get better with experience.

You guys have three more months to talk about Rutgers.

THREE.

After that if I were a mod I would ban every last person who ever referenced them again.
I humbly submit an extension through basketball season. The next Johnnie Flynn awaits a dunk.

I humbly submit an extension through basketball season. The next Johnnie Flynn awaits a dunk.

I will grant a one-time, six-hour exemption to cover the game, pre and post.

I expect the same volume of discussion as we get for Marathon Oil and random mid-week practices.

Maybe 1-6 against USF lately...but Marrone is 1-2...and 2-1 v. Rutgers and 2-1 v. WV (has Rutgers ever beat them?).

One thing that really amuses me about Rutgers is their perceived buddy buddy relationship with WVU. Of course WVU people are going to come on their board and have nothing but positive things to say. Rutgers hasn't beaten them since 1994.

One thing that really amuses me about Rutgers is their perceived buddy buddy relationship with WVU. Of course WVU people are going to come on their board and have nothing but positive things to say. Rutgers hasn't beaten them since 1994.

They are drinking buddies. Rutgers always buys.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KD95

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom