Class of 2019 - S Cornelius Nunn Jr (FL) SIGNED NLI TO SYRACUSE 12/19/18 | Page 22 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2019 S Cornelius Nunn Jr (FL) SIGNED NLI TO SYRACUSE 12/19/18

I think it’s better for a kid to remain undecided than to commit to a school. This way he shows greater decision making and you know when he finally commits around signing day theres a greater chance that the commitment is good.

I’m sure there’s a certain level of “gotta secure my spot” when guys commit early. When they see something “better” they may go for it.

I have no idea how people handle being college coaches. I would hate every second of that job.

I’m sure there’s a certain level of “gotta secure my spot” when guys commit early. When they see something “better” they may go for it.

I have no idea how people handle being college coaches. I would hate every second of that job.
Yup I would never basically kiss a teenagers butt to come play at my school.

Yup I would never basically kiss a teenagers butt to come play at my school.

I feel like I’d want to fistfight every coach who was trying to steal my players too.

I feel like I’d want to fistfight every coach who was trying to steal my players too.
Yup big time. Id have hits out for half the coaches around the country.

Figured this was going to happen if he was pushed hard enough, it's so easy for those southern staffs to get down there and make him feel like a priority while we are sitting ducks. You're recruiting these kids for years, I don't think much will happen with the 2019 recruiting class as there's just not enough time, it'll be average. It was a great job of evaluating him though and convincing a player of his stature to consider us and almost secure his commitment.

Really hope in the 2020 class we start seeing some change and we can potentially compete with the big boys of the Northeast if the product on the field is still good. I don't care about stars at all but creating formidable depth and finding multiple guys who understand the system would be nice. Especially on both lines, we play so fast offensively those guys need to be layered and then on the flip side defensive depth is crucial with how much they're on the field. Not all 5 stars pan out just as some 2 or 3 stars are developed into 1st round talents, I love the way this staff has been developing and that's from the top down but if you give this staff 6-7-8 guys with elite offer sheets I can't help but think there could be sustainability in the cards if the staff is locked down.

Figured this was going to happen if he was pushed hard enough, it's so easy for those southern staffs to get down there and make him feel like a priority while we are sitting ducks. You're recruiting these kids for years, I don't think much will happen with the 2019 recruiting class as there's just not enough time, it'll be average. It was a great job of evaluating him though and convincing a player of his stature to consider us and almost secure his commitment.

Really hope in the 2020 class we start seeing some change and we can potentially compete with the big boys of the Northeast if the product on the field is still good. I don't care about stars at all but creating formidable depth and finding multiple guys who understand the system would be nice. Especially on both lines, we play so fast offensively those guys need to be layered and then on the flip side defensive depth is crucial with how much they're on the field. Not all 5 stars pan out just as some 2 or 3 stars are developed into 1st round talents, I love the way this staff has been developing and that's from the top down but if you give this staff 6-7-8 guys with elite offer sheets I can't help but think there could be sustainability in the cards if the staff is locked down.
I don't know what you are talking about. All schools are limited to when they can recruit kids off campus. Nunn lives in Miami. He can visit that campus for their games all the time. And our coaches have been recruiting 2019s for two years. Just because kids haven't taken ovs or committed yet doesn't mean the class will be "average".

Keep winning. Get players drafted.

Hopefully Slayton makes a late season push with Koda to impress some scouts. I don’t see any of the other seniors as draftable.

Just because kids haven't taken ovs or committed yet doesn't mean the class will be "average".

Come on. At this point, finishing with even an "average" class would be something given the current make up of this class.

Has nothing to do with our staff's effort.

Why then?
Because he is an 18 year old, living in Miami where he is probably finding himself pressured by peers, coaches and maybe even one parent to commit to the U. The SU coaches were able to get him to come up for a second visit last month and it looked like he was still committed to SU. Unfortunately if you're a kid getting that type of attention/pressure you are probably going to commit to the school everyone is telling you is the best.

Good luck to the young man. Glad it wasn’t on signing day. The staff can now pivot. Moving on.

There are still many questions out there regarding SU. Until we win on a consistent basis, recruiting will stay where it is. Eight wins minimum to see any changes.