Class of 2019 - S Dorian Hewett (TX) Committed to USC | Page 20 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2019 S Dorian Hewett (TX) Committed to USC

Whether it's SU or USC it's a long way from home for him. Have to believe weather might be a factor here.

He’s obviously not sold on SU. He keeps looking for other options. It’s been this way for weeks. I’d be surprised if he ends up at SU.

He’s obviously not sold on SU. He keeps looking for other options. It’s been this way for weeks. I’d be surprised if he ends up at SU.

He didn't have high end options when he committed to us so it certainly makes sense to take his time as he keeps getting better and better offers.

He didn't take any ovs until his season was over and it was late because his team played in the state Championship. Since then other schools have been offering him. Good for him to take his ovs, look around and make sure where he wants to go.

We owe no loyalty . He can afford to take his time but we don't. We need to get this class finalized as soon as we can before we lose out on others. He committed and then decommitted, so I say move on and put a hard push to get Watts, and if not, we move on, we have a nice class and go after andpick up a few next year who may be higher rated.

We owe no loyalty . He can afford to take his time but we don't. We need to get this class finalized as soon as we can before we lose out on others. He committed and then decommitted, so I say move on and put a hard push to get Watts, and if not, we move on, we have a nice class and go after andpick up a few next year who may be higher rated.
Stop it. There are always backups the staff is looking at and if the class isn't completed by signing day it isn't a big deal. Why do you think they are offering transfers.

Stop it. There are always backups the staff is looking at and if the class isn't completed by signing day it isn't a big deal. Why do you think they are offering transfers.
Thats my point, move on, if he falls to us fine, but it sounds like we are waiting on a big recommitt from this kid and I say get er done or move on its no big deal. Like you said there are transfers or like I already said next year go after better and higher rated players. If we don't sign another cb or safety now fine, I feel we pulled in a real good crop of talented players and build off that.

Last edited:
Hell no I am not needlessly moving on from a three star Texas state champion with a UW and USC offer

Yes!
D0C36D46-E576-40DA-998C-342654C3DA05.gif

He didn't have high end options when he committed to us so it certainly makes sense to take his time as he keeps getting better and better offers.
We were 10-2 last year. I really don’t consider USC, Utah, Utah State and Baylor as “better offers”. I am not attacking your post, I just think we deserve more respect than we currently get. I think it would be different if he was getting offers from Alabama, Ohio State or Georgia. I think the coaching staff has done everything it can to land this kid.

Thats my point, move on, if he falls to us fine, but it sounds like we are waiting on a big recommitt from this kid and I say get er done or move on its no big deal. Like you said there are transfers or like I already said next year go after better and higher rated players. If we don't sign another cb or safety now fine, I feel we pulled in a real good crop of talented players and build off that.

Lol, let the coaches do their job... these types of posts are hilarious. Do you think the coaches should move on if they think they will get him? What makes you the expert, or even qualified to give an opinion? This isnt like watching tape and saying you like the kid. You are recommending that coaches move on with almost no info other than he hasnt committed. Moreover, how do you know the coaches havent moved on behind the scenes?

Lol, let the coaches do their job... these types of posts are hilarious. Do you think the coaches should move on if they think they will get him? What makes you the expert, or even qualified to give an opinion? This isnt like watching tape and saying you like the kid. You are recommending that coaches move on with almost no info other than he hasnt committed. Moreover, how do you know the coaches havent moved on behind the scenes?
I don't need to be qualified to be on here and I have a right to my opinion on here. You don't like it , oh well. You don't know me and what I'm qualified to do. So sit back and read. If you don't like what I have to say, hit the ignore button on my post.

Nobody ever said, “Coach Babers, don’t accept a commitment from this kid if he picks Syracuse”. I believe that the staff has done it’s due diligence in recruiting this kid and he will still sign elsewhere. I hope I am wrong. By the way, the last time I looked, this was a place for people to post their opinions about Cuse football. Lighten up a little bit.

So Dukes we should have pursued more even though the writing was on the wall with Clemson. Now Hewett we should back off and no longer pursue because he took an OV somewhere else.

:confused::confused::confused::confused:

I mean, we are about to land an RB from Texas...
If you watched the state championship game Hewitt was bad in run support, showed good speed, but not good at making tackles. Safeties in our system need to be good at both. Wish the young man well, but we have better players here, and recruited Nunn.

I mean, we are about to land an RB from Texas...

I mean, it seems to somehow work for every other program (basketball and football) that dips into the high school ranks to grab an assistant. It makes me think it must be really tough to recruit kids to Syracuse. No doubt, part of that is our recent history. The recruiter has a bunch to overcome, though, to make a connection with recruits. It makes you think that Monroe is really special. The fact that they use him as a national recruiter now shows you what the head man thinks of him. Maybe Martin is laying the groundwork now for a big haul a year from now. Who knows? But he definitely hasn't wowed us on the recruiting trail yet. Surprised we're not hearing from more Manvel kids at least.

Nobody ever said, “Coach Babers, don’t accept a commitment from this kid if he picks Syracuse”. I believe that the staff has done it’s due diligence in recruiting this kid and he will still sign elsewhere. I hope I am wrong. By the way, the last time I looked, this was a place for people to post their opinions about Cuse football. Lighten up a little bit.

Prob came across a bit strong. My point is it seems odd to trust the coaches on who to identify as prospects but then tell them when they should be moving on. There is so much going on behind the scenes, it would be impossible to know whether the coaches are holding on to a hopeless situation or whether theyre working the alternatives appropriately, unless you were actually on the staff. It just seems like a really odd comment to me.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom