Sadly, Jim Boeheim came very close, but did not make it to the Infiniti Final Four... | Syracusefan.com

Sadly, Jim Boeheim came very close, but did not make it to the Infiniti Final Four...

cto

Administrator
UPDATE: Thank you everyone who voted for Jim in the first three rounds of the Infiniti Coaches Challenge to help raise money for the great work done by the Jim and Juli Boeheim Foundation. Jim finished fifth or sixth in the third round (the fourth, fifth and sixth finishers were bunched closely together) ... which means he did not make it to the Final Four.

By making it to the third round, the Jim and Juli Boeheim Foundation will receive $10,000 from Infiniti. It is really difficult competing in these polls against huge public universities that have huge student and alumni bases, so thank you everyone who helped support Jim by voting for him every day.

ESPN.COM/INFINITI

Last edited:
JB is currently in 8th place folks with 2% of the vote

1. Thad Matta
2. Gregg Marshall
3. Natt Painter
4. Fred Hoiberg
5. Tom Cream
6. Bob Huggins
7. Sean Miller

People who use social media please spread this around and help the cause.

Enail this to all your SU friends too!

LGO!!

Edit: The Orange Nation is at work, at 8:35 JB has moved up one slot past Sean Miller. How long before we get him to the top? I sent 200 emails out to fans of the program that I know.

Last edited:
JB is currently in 8th place folks with 2% of the vote

1. Thad Matta
2. Gregg Marshall
3. Natt Painter
4. Fred Hoiberg
5. Tom Cream
6. Bob Huggins
7. Sean Miller

People who use social media please spread this around and help the cause.

Enail this to all your SU friends too!

LGO!!

Edit: The Orange Nation is at work, at 8:35 JB has moved up one slot past Sean Miller. How long before we get him to the top? I sent 200 emails out to fans of the program that I know.

That was you? ;)

F Thad Matta. What kind of charity does he have? OSU Boosters who pay players? ;)

You have to have an ESPN account to vote. I guess everyone in Wichita has one.

Last edited:
That was you? ;)

F Thad Matta. What kind of charity does he have? OSU Boosters who pay players? ;)

You have to have an ESPN account to vote. I guess everyone in Wichita has one.

Brandings for Buckeyes and Tats for Tots!

JB's now in 6th place ... and practically tied with Crean for 5th. Let's give him a few more votes today.

While tO$U voters will likely give their coach the overall win, we should be able to get the Jim and Juli Boeheim Foundation to the Sweet-16 and with some work to the Final Four. The Foundation receives additional $ each time JAB moves on a round.

Vote daily... if you have multiple ESPN IDs you may even be able to vote more often.

I sent it out through the NSA database. That has to be millions of email addresses.

He's #5 at 7:30 a.m. today. It's possible to keep moving up in the results!

Does the voting reset when they move to the next round?

It seems pretty hopeless: Matta 35%, JB #5 at 5%.

Actually, it seems pretty fixed.

It seems pretty hopeless: Matta 35%, JB #5 at 5%.

Actually, it seems pretty fixed.

That is the wrong attitude. It is an elimination event (like the NCAA tournament). Every two weeks, the field gets reduced, and the coaches "who move on to the next round" get an increasing amount of money for their charity. Five days ago, Jim was in 8th place with two percent. Now he is barely trailing Hoiberg for 4th place. Each time he moves up in the standings, it increases his potential to win more money for his charity. (Read the official rules for more details about this)

Keep up the voting. We'll probably not catch Matta (with his 100s of thousands of alums), but who knows. Maybe as OSU continues to lose, they will lose their enthusiasm for this.

Last edited:
That is the wrong attitude. It is an elimination event (like the NCAA tournament). Every two weeks, the field gets reduced, and the coaches "who move on to the next round" get an increasing amount of money for their charity. Five days ago, Jim was in 8th place with two percent. Now he is barely trailing Hoiberg for 4th place. Each time he moves up in the standings, it increases his potential to win more money for his charity. (Read the official rules for more details about this)

Keep up the voting. We'll probably not catch Matta (with his 100s of thousands of alums), but who knows. Maybe as OSU continues to lose, they will lose their enthusiasm for this.

I thought it was winner take all. I didn't realize that the "also rans" also got money for their charity. Thanks for setting me straight.

Come on lets keep this going.

Feel a bit guilty raising it but Tom Crean is supporting fun bags? Seems like there have been a number of threads recently that would play into that one.

Seriously Tatum's Bags of Fun is a wonderful charity. Provides a gift bag to EVERY child in Indiana diagnosed with cancer. I learned a bit about it during my time in Evansville and support the charity but NOT by voting for Tom Crean!

How is Wichita State's coach in 2nd place?

Oh no a percent behind hoiberg now but still in 5th place.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom