Saint Dougie... | Page 40 | Syracusefan.com

Saint Dougie...

Coach Marrone - and Coach Coughlin - did a heck of a job this year.

An amazing turnaround.

Once again, there can be no denying that Doug Marrone knows how to coach football.

I wish he were still here, and I was really ticked that he left, but I have gotten over my anger at his decision.

I am a proud Syracuse Football Fan today.

Go Jags!

that too. but the dude gave the refs an opening. Same undisciplined crap that happened on Dougie's SU teams

Give me -the Syracuse Football Program that is - that "crap" over the past four falls - I'll take it.

Coach Marrone - and Coach Coughlin - did a heck of a job this year.

An amazing turnaround.

Once again, there can be no denying that Doug Marrone knows how to coach football.

I wish he were still here, and I was really ticked that he left, but I have gotten over my anger at his decision.

I am a proud Syracuse Football Fan today.

Go Jags!
I would rather have Dino. Already he is a better recruiter.

Marrone sucks because his offense only scored 10 vs. the Bills, and his defense gave up 42 this week.
yeah, but there is also that little thing called winning, which is all that really matters. Can't deny it. Taking that dumpster fire he inherited from G-Rob, and turning it into a respectable program in a couple years, and then winning 9 or more in Buffalo for the first time in 10 years, and then taking a 3-13 and turning into a 10 win AFC playoff team on 1 year tells me, that no matter how bitter of a taste he left in our mouths...he can coach. What tangible evidence do we have that he can't turn teams around and win?

Unless you were being sarcastic...in that case lol!

IMG_1368.JPG

yeah, but there is also that little thing called winning, which is all that really matters. Can't deny it. Taking that dumpster fire he inherited from G-Rob, and turning it into a respectable program in a couple years, and then winning 9 or more in Buffalo for the first time in 10 years, and then taking a 3-13 and turning into a 10 win AFC playoff team on 1 year tells me, that no matter how bitter of a taste he left in our mouths...he can coach. What tangible evidence do we have that he can't turn teams around and win?

Sorry, I was being sarcastic. Marrone is a fantastic football coach.

The jags have more wins this season than they had in more than the last 3 combined... This turnaround is nothing short of miraculous in the NFL

Say this with me, Jacksonville is playing New England in the AFC Championship next week. With a QB many consider sub par.

Marrone should hands down be NFL COY. Coughlin should be whatever award he'd be up for.

Quite an accomplishment.

Glad for Doug. Maybe Cuse will get a little nice publicity this week. If he beats Belicheat there will be so much overanalysis during the 2 weeks before the SB that there might be a lot of attention in the media to his turnaround job at Cuse

The jags have more wins this season than they had in more than the last 3 combined... This turnaround is nothing short of miraculous in the NFL

Say this with me, Jacksonville is playing New England in the AFC Championship next week. With a QB many consider sub par.

Marrone should hands down be NFL COY. Coughlin should be whatever award he'd be up for.

Quite an accomplishment.

Yep

Marrone sucks because his offense only scored 10 vs. the Bills, and his defense gave up 42 this week.
How true. Gus won only two games last year. If you discount the regular season for Marrone, they have the exact same win total!

I would rather have Dino. Already he is a better recruiter.

I'm a better recruiter with the improved locker and training facilities, the Ensley Center and the ACC.

I am pretty sure that Marrone was awarded the national college football recruiter of the year while either at Ga Tech or GA.

Will be rooting hard for the Jags next week but I think the overachievement probably ended today. Would practically be a miracle on ice to win in Foxboro next week.
I think the Jaguars will win next week unless the refs don't allow it. I don't see their defense giving up that many points two weeks in a row - even to Brady - and Pats' D is vulnerable.

Jaguars vs. Vikings in the Super Bowl unless the NFL finds a way to prevent it.

I want Dougie to win next week but Bortles will need to use his feet and the Jags D will need to play really well. Fournette having a big game can’t hurt either.

I expect the Patriots to win but I didn’t think the Jags would win today either.

That's a solid playoff win. Well done, Coach Marrone.

If I'm him, I start talking this week about expectations for a cleanly officiated football game against the Pats, because the fix will be in.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom