Saint Dougie... | Page 42 | Syracusefan.com

Saint Dougie...

If they win next week they will have equaled their wins for all of last year in this years playoffs.
And if they win the Superbowl, they'll have more wins in this season's playoffs alone than they had all of last season!

Like your team has room to talk

Gronk did something very stupid. He acknowledged it. He apologized for it. He served a one game suspension for it.

That's quite different than planning to injure someone in a premeditated way.

The Jags won't do that of course. Although I expect them to get nailed with a dumb penalty or two. They seem to run a bit hot. And they'll be playing a team that literally practices how to draw penalties from undisciplined teams.

Gronk did something very stupid. He acknowledged it. He apologized for it. He served a one game suspension for it.

That's quite different than planning to injure someone in a premeditated way.

The Jags won't do that of course. Although I expect them to get nailed with a dumb penalty or two. They seem to run a bit hot. And they'll be playing a team that literally practices how to draw penalties from undisciplined teams.

Did you already forget you just hired James Harrison? The guy is the poster boy for dirty hits.

Did you already forget you just hired James Harrison? The guy is the poster boy for dirty hits.

Sighhhhh.

Shoot me a PM when he gets flagged for a personal foul as a Pat.

He never apologized. Certainly not to Tre White. And the fact that the Pats appealed the joke of a suspension is proof enough that they condoned the hairless gorilla's action.

Marrone is a very good coach, he deserves a lot of credit for that win yesterday. As a Pats fan I take every opponent seriously, and the Jags D is a unit that'll give the Pats some challenges. Although the Steelers torched them and that's with those 2 horrific 4th down playcalls. Should be fun.
Yea. Jags are going to come up to your house for a nice party.

Oh yeah, he seemed real apologetic there. Immediately gives excuses for why he did what he did. And is it really an apology if you never address the actual person you've offended/attacked?

Here's how apologetic he was immediately after the game...

DQJu2B7XkAARQFo.jpg

The poor half-wit was just frustrated with only 147 yards receiving while up three touchdowns.

You Pats homer will rationalize absolutely anything they do.

Google better...

Tre White: Rob Gronkowski still hasn't apologized for cheap shot

Oh yeah, he seemed real apologetic there. Immediately gives excuses for why he did what he did. And is it really an apology if you never address the actual person you've offended/attacked?

Here's how apologetic he was immediately after the game...

DQJu2B7XkAARQFo.jpg

The poor half-wit was just frustrated with only 147 yards receiving while up three touchdowns.

You Pats homer will rationalize absolutely anything they do.

Google better...

Tre White: Rob Gronkowski still hasn't apologized for cheap shot
1. You said he didn't apologize. I provided proof he did.
2. I said what he did was wrong and a dirty play. So how am I rationalizing?
3. I didn't advocate for my team to cheap shot a player like the poster I was responding to.

He never apologized. Certainly not to Tre White. And the fact that the Pats appealed the joke of a suspension is proof enough that they condoned the hairless gorilla's action.

OK.

I'm curious, when did the various Pats fans on here become fans? I remember when people wouldn't want to admit they were Pats fans. Then I knew some that became fans when coach Mac took over. Were some of you Parcells fans first? Maybe it was because they were the dominant team when you were a kid like it was with my older brother growing up in the '70's with Pittsburgh or some friends I have with the Bears because of the '85 team. Or maybe you grew up in Massachusetts.

I'm curious, when did the various Pats fans on here become fans? I remember when people wouldn't want to admit they were Pats fans. Then I knew some that became fans when coach Mac took over. Were some of you Parcells fans first? Maybe it was because they were the dominant team when you were a kid like it was with my older brother growing up in the '70's with Pittsburgh or some friends I have with the Bears because of the '85 team. Or maybe you grew up in Massachusetts.
Grew up in MA, first game I remember vividly was losing to the Packers in the Super Bowl. I was 6.

Grew up in MA, first game I remember vividly was losing to the Packers in the Super Bowl. I was 6.
Makes sense. Your timing with NE is similar to mine for SU in the '80's.

I grew up in Foxboro, about 3 miles from Schaefer/Sullivan/Foxboro Stadium. Many players and their families lived year-round in town when I was a kid. Went to my first game when I was 7 in 1980. The first season I vividly remember was the 2-14 campaign of 1981 that netted us the #1 pick, which became Ken Sims.

My father grew up in Newton and went to a ton of Pats games in Boston in the 60s before they moved down to Foxboro. Pats never had a truly permanent home in Boston, but rotated through Fenway Park, Nickerson Field, Harvard Stadium and Alumni Stadium. My dad went to games at all of 'em.

So really just a bandwagon jumper here, is what I'm saying. ;)

I grew up in Foxboro, about 3 miles from Schaefer/Sullivan/Foxboro Stadium. Many players and their families lived year-round in town when I was a kid. Went to my first game when I was 7 in 1980. The first season I vividly remember was the 2-14 campaign of 1981 that netted us the #1 pick, which became Ken Sims.

My father grew up in Newton and went to a ton of Pats games in Boston in the 60s before they moved down to Foxboro. Pats never had a truly permanent home in Boston, but rotated through Fenway Park, Nickerson Field, Harvard Stadium and Alumni Stadium. My dad went to games at all of 'em.

So really just a bandwagon jumper here, is what I'm saying. ;)
You’re the exception to the rule.

My 4 years on the Hill were spent with a bunch of bahstan chowdaheads rooting for the nynas...after getting all up in my grill the rest of the time over the Sox, B’s & C’s.

You’re the exception to the rule.

My 4 years on the Hill were spent with a bunch of bahstan chowdaheads rooting for the nynas...after getting all up in my grill the rest of the time over the Sox, B’s & C’s.

It's funny you say that. Going to SU was the first time I met people (mostly New Yorkers) who did NOT root for their local teams. Most everyone I knew growing up in Mass. only rooted for New England teams (unless there was some family connection someplace else). Got to SU and I met a bunch of kids from downstate who were randomly fans of other teams. Made no sense to me.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoachDiddi

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom