Saint Dougie... | Page 41 | Syracusefan.com

Saint Dougie...

I'm a better recruiter with the improved locker and training facilities, the Ensley Center and the ACC.

I am pretty sure that Marrone was awarded the national college football recruiter of the year while either at Ga Tech or GA.
I'm pretty sure you're thinking of Atkins.

He was a very good recruiter, especially in the state of GA.

I'm a better recruiter with the improved locker and training facilities, the Ensley Center and the ACC.

I am pretty sure that Marrone was awarded the national college football recruiter of the year while either at Ga Tech or GA.
Come on. Which one do you think relates more to 18 year old kids?

Depends on the kid. Its crazy so many people think these decisions are made in a vacuum.

There are a ton of college football coaches/recruiters that are complete morons, pulling in top classes.

You're asking me who relates better to 18 year old kids?

A 53 year old former NFL football player versus a 56 year old former CFL football player?

I don't know the answer to that question.

All I know is that Marrone, the younger of the two men, relates well enough to athletes that he has improved every program for which he has been the HC.

Unfortunately, kids these days tend to decide where to attend school based upon tangible things like facilities. Every program has coaches who relate well to kids - that's what they do.

The fact is that Doug did not have the kind of facilities that Dino now has.

And Dino does not have what we need to truly improve recruiting. But we're getting better.

Tom Brady will face Bortles then either Keenum or Foles.

What is happening?

I'm pretty sure you're thinking of Atkins.

He was a very good recruiter, especially in the state of GA.

Maybe, but I seem to recall reading about Doug - and his experience as an assistant in GA before he went to the NFL.

The Patriots time is over. Jaguars D will come for Brady like a pack of wolves.

It would certainly be an amazing run for the Jags.

They beat the Steelers at home - against a QB who looked pretty darn good to me.

I guess it's possible.

They beat the Steelers at home - against a QB who looked pretty darn good to me.

I guess it's possible.
Patriots have the 31st ranked D against the run. I think Marrone will challenge his o-line to take it to them and control the game. That leaves Bortles in a good position to make big plays. Belichek and his staff against Tom and Doug and their staff is going to be a good match.

I guess it's possible.
Everyone who doesn't live on natty light ought to be a jags fan this week

Will be rooting hard for the Jags next week but I think the overachievement probably ended today. Would practically be a miracle on ice to win in Foxboro next week.
i don't know how the patriots defense has gotten so good after the start they had. they're probably cheating.

there's a goofy mob out there that likes to make fun of bortles but he keeps drives alive with his legs somehow. people who marvel at great passers have a habit of ignoring those boring first down scrambles. If ESPN's qbr has any value at all, it shows he's not as bad as everyone thinks.

i wouldn't be surprised to see this afc championship be really dirty

there's a goofy mob out there that likes to make fun of bortles but he keeps drives alive with his legs somehow. people who marvel at great passers have a habit of ignoring those boring first down scrambles. If ESPN's qbr has any value at all, it shows he's not as bad as everyone thinks.

Mr. Certitude keeps calling him garbage based on a pick sixes and 11-37.

I think he had one pick six all year. 10 games with no picks this year, 10-0.

He certainly looked good yesterday.

If he plays like that next week, the Jags could win the AFC. Wow.

i don't know how the patriots defense has gotten so good after the start they had. they're probably cheating.
Yeah, probably :rolleyes:

This will be a tough matchup for the Pats. But they'll sell out to stop Fournette and make Bortles beat them. They won't be able to score 21 in Foxborough and they won't be able to hold the Pats O under that number, especially when fully healthy.

This will be a tough matchup for the Pats. But they'll sell out to stop Fournette and make Bortles beat them. They won't be able to score 21 in Foxborough and they won't be able to hold the Pats O under that number, especially when fully healthy.

I would think that way also except I thought they wouldn't be able to score 21 against the Steelers in Pittsburgh.

I would think that way also except I thought they wouldn't be able to score 21 against the Steelers in Pittsburgh.
They did it once already this season, but for some reason everyone (including the steelers) wrote them off, despite them matching up great with Pittsburgh where it mattered. NE's D style will force them to make big plays to win, especially in the red zone. The question is, can they do it two weeks in a row.

St. Doug should watch some tapes of Phil Jackson working the refs through the media.

Jags best shot is to hit Brady early and often. 15 yards PF is worth it when the reward is Brian Hoyer, backup qb.

Marrone is a very good coach, he deserves a lot of credit for that win yesterday. As a Pats fan I take every opponent seriously, and the Jags D is a unit that'll give the Pats some challenges. Although the Steelers torched them and that's with those 2 horrific 4th down playcalls. Should be fun.

Classy, advocating for a team to take cheap shots.
u0ij2n65odbxrtixtjug.gif

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom