Saint Dougie... | Page 47 | Syracusefan.com

Saint Dougie...

And you can't pretend that game management gaffes don't matter when up by 10 points with 13 minutes to go and the ball.

I never say Marrone has "nothing to do with it". He's the head coach, he does good things. He's just not the saint that he and his followers portray him to be.
There may be one person on this board who thinks he is a "saint". That's it. I don't think he made a "gaffe"... but more stuck to the plan that got him to the AFC championship. It worked until he hit the Patriots. In hindsight, obviously, he should have done something different. If he won you would be saying how it had nothing to do with him. He lost so you put all the blame on him. If the defense stopped the Patriots, he would have won. It's not a bad strategy to let the defense handle it when the defense has been that good and it has worked (won) until then. The offense was a bit handcuffed with Bortles. Bortles ain't Brady or even close.

Meathead football won him 15 games this season. Doug coached his butt off and lost to the best dynasty in sports. The Jaguars played a perfect game for 47 minutes. Sometimes you just need to tip your cap.

Yeah Brady/Belichick is great etc etc.

He still played a soft zone and played scared at the end of the half and fourth quarter when the Jags needed to play press man to
man and continue to throw the ball.

Marrone coached scared and made multiple game management mistakes. I consider that choking but it could just be Marrone being Marrone.

a-detractor-man-haters-gonna-hate-meme-696x696.jpg

I think you can be critical of some of his decisions. Mainly kneeling the ball with 55 seconds and two timeouts prior to the half. It Doug joined a fraternity of good coaches who made some bad decisions because Of two guys on the other side. As a pats fan I watch teams execute good game plans and then panic late in the game.

Other than that he coached abhelll of a season and let’s not forget he took a horrible Syracuse team and got good results. He coached the Bills to 9-7 I believe which is pretty good for that franchise. And now the Jags. He is a good coach, and I don’t think that is up for much debate.

Doug Marrone is your current NFL coach of the year and had the freakin Jacksonville Jaguars a few plays away from the Super Bowl.

This one is over. Doug wins decisively. Fantastic football coach.
Doug is a great coach. I would have been happy to have him continue here. He showed more than Dino has, as he went 8 - 5 and the Pinstripe Bowl in year two. Not to say that Dino won't prove himself, but he is now on the clock.

Doug is a great coach. I would have been happy to have him continue here. He showed more than Dino has, as he went 8 - 5 and the Pinstripe Bowl in year two. Not to say that Dino won't prove himself, but he is now on the clock.
schedule schedule schedule

this year's team had a better SRS than marrone's in 2011 fwiw, i know that's not everything but i'd pick 2017's team to win against 2011's

schedule schedule schedule

this year's team had a better SRS than marrone's in 2011 fwiw, i know that's not everything but i'd pick 2017's team to win against 2011's
Which 2017 team? The one with Dungey or the one without? Seriously, that's a problem.

Which 2017 team? The one with Dungey or the one without? Seriously, that's a problem.
it wouldn't have been hopeless with mahoney, call it a toss up. when it goes sideways with mahoney, it really goes sideways

it wouldn't have been hopeless with mahoney, call it a toss up. when it goes sideways with mahoney, it really goes sideways

Which 2011 team, the one at full strenght that beat WVU or the beat up one the second half of the year?

Well... he’ll never get another coaching job after these two years are over. Especially in the NFL...
Only the really special ones get 3 chances.

Just saw on the crawl that the Jags locked in Bortles for three more years.

Marrone's the winner here. That move absolves him of any responsibility for the team's performance.

Just saw on the crawl that the Jags locked in Bortles for three more years.

Marrone's the winner here. That move absolves him of any responsibility for the team's performance.
I don’t like that move. He’s not going to take them to a SB.

I don’t like that move. He’s not going to take them to a SB.

Huh? He ALMOST DID just that, this very year.
(well ok, it may have been in spite of him, not because of him, but still - Jags were what, 2-3 plays away from making the SB this year.)

Huh? He ALMOST DID just that, this very year.
(well ok, it may have been in spite of him, not because of him, but still - Jags were what, 2-3 plays away from making the SB this year.)
Right. I never said they could not almost get to a SB with Bortles.

Perfect management decision by the Jags. Now they have plenty of cap space to sign Robinson and go after a big time tight end, either free agent or in the draft. And draft a O-lineman in the first round.

Marrone made Ryan Nassib look like an nfl qb over 3 years. I’m sure he and Hackett will squeeze whatever talent and ability they can out of Bortles.

Bortles put up serviceable stats with a bunch of C and D receivers. Let’s see what they can do in the draft plus hopefully getting their 1st and 2nd receivers healthy.

Perfect management decision by the Jags. Now they have plenty of cap space to sign Robinson and go after a big time tight end, either free agent or in the draft. And draft a O-lineman in the first round.

I wonder if they'll try and draft the TE Goedert late first. That kid looks big-time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom