Saint Dougie... | Page 45 | Syracusefan.com

Saint Dougie...

like i said, i understand the haters.

forgot two of my favorite Patriots: Sam "Bam" Cunningham and Mosi Tatupu ! :)
How do you take Jack's fumble return off the board, criminal. The Yankees never cheated for their championships, they just had better players.

before my time .

...maybe we should start a "who's your favorite Patriot?" thread...kidding
Cuse grad......I remember him on his football cards as a patriot. And to be clear (so I don't get attacked), I'm not a Pats fan.

How do you take Jack's fumble return off the board, criminal. The Yankees never cheated for their championships, they just had better players.
if the fix was in, they'd have overturned the fumble call and said he was down before the fumble...or called it that way originally...im sure there were plenty of calls missed. thats the way the game is.
But if you want the title, you've got to knock the champ out, dont look for the judges to give it to you in a decision.
Did the refs have their thumb on the scale? ...i dont think so. we've all seen far worse officiating in games

if the fix was in, they'd have overturned the fumble call and said he was down before the fumble...or called it that way originally...im sure there were plenty of calls missed. thats the way the game is.
But if you want the title, you've got to knock the champ out, dont look for the judges to give it to you in a decision.
Did the refs have their thumb on the scale? ...i dont think so. we've all seen far worse officiating in games
Pats had 1 penalty ALL GAME. The Patriots are the biggest cheating sports organization of all time. No one will watch this superbowl and the Patriots and their fans can be proud of that.

Pats had 1 penalty ALL GAME. The Patriots are the biggest cheating sports organization of all time. No one will watch this superbowl and the Patriots and their fans can be proud of that.
Not a ref-blamer, but found this interesting. FWIW, Jax had 6 penalties for 98 yds.

you know i saw that stat and i was impressed at how disciplined Belichik has his team...and i was thinking wouldnt it be great if Syracuse could have a couple games like that? ...seriously, im not baiting anyone...i actually thought that ...

you know i saw that stat and i was impressed at how disciplined Belichik has his team...and i was thinking wouldnt it be great if Syracuse could have a couple games like that? ...seriously, im not baiting anyone...i actually thought that ...
Come on man, you can't be that much of a sycophant.

Come on man, you can't be that much of a sycophant.
actuallly i dont even particularly like Belichik...
But i learned a long time ago that its worth figuring out what different people do that makes them successful, especially if i dont like them or see no reason on God's green earth for them to succeed.
i think the game Belechik always tried to play was to try and stay "technically" within the rules, but try and exploit the gray areas where things werent specifically prohibited, but also werent commonly done, and might be looked down upon ...im sure there are plenty of times they weigh the penalty vs the benefit before they do stuff, and say sure, we'll take the hit...
...usually following the letter of the law, but often ignoring the spirit of it...lots of lawyers(and others) pull that crap.not my cup of cheese really.

Loved the Jags offensive game plan in the 1st half but they went predictable in the second half. Dougie should have never taken his foot off the gas. Everyone knew NE was going to win once the Jags went conservative.

Enough of the Bortles isn't serviceable crap. He played well enough to win the game.

When you can't beat em straight up, blame the refs...

Not to mention Jack would have been tackled if the refs hadn't blown the whistle but sure, give him a "TD" :rolleyes:

Loved the Jags offensive game plan in the 1st half but they went predictable in the second half. Dougie should have never taken his foot off the gas. Everyone knew NE was going to win once the Jags went conservative.

Enough of the Bortles isn't serviceable crap. He played well enough to win the game.
It's true and I agree, with Marrone at the helm, Bortles improved this year and played decently...and sometimes very well. The game plan yesterday, tailored to his abilities, certainly made Bortles look good... but he's not the guy needed to get to and win a Super Bowl. Also, I don't disagree about going conservative...should have laid it out on the line more...but then again, it's about how much confidence they had in their QB.

Super Bowl 52 is all set!

upload_2018-1-22_8-16-38.png

It's true and I agree, with Marrone at the helm, Bortles improved this year and played decently...and sometimes very well. The game plan yesterday, tailored to his abilities, certainly made Bortles look good... but he's not the guy needed to get to and win a Super Bowl. Also, I don't disagree about going conservative...should have laid it out on the line more...but then again, it's about how much confidence they had in their QB.

It was year one in the system, and without their best WR for the whole year. Bortles was so much better and they dealt with the biggest issue he had which was the pick sixes/fumbles that killed them in the past.

They need an upgrade at TE and they should see if they can get one on the right side of the OL.

Marrone's hardest job will be next year. Can they sustain the effort and attitude they brought to the year.

Schedule will be much harder. Houston, Tennessee, Indy with healthy QB's make it one of the best divisions in the league. NE, Pitt, KC, NFC East.

That's because they are sooo much better than anyone else! We're on to the Superbowl!

So true. That being said, thought the game turned on that Cooks PI play. I thought that was a pretty poor call by the refs as both were hand fighting.
I agree, if there was a complaint on any of the calls, that was a bit soft. However, when the refs call everything people complain about them "not letting them play". The refs let them play, it was an entertaining game, and there was nothing egregious that they missed.

I agree, if there was a complaint on any of the calls, that was a bit soft. However, when the refs call everything people complain about them "not letting them play". The refs let them play, it was an entertaining game, and there was nothing egregious that they missed.
The Patriots were flagged 1 time and that was on a kick return which amounted to nothing, just starting the drive a little further back.

The Patriots were flagged 1 time and that was on a kick return which amounted to nothing, just starting the drive a little further back.
I don't really care. Even the Jaguars didn't complain about the refs. Get over it.

That hold on the clinching first down run was clear as day.

That was a smart play. I'd guess McDaniel said we're running outside, hold as much as you can, and Belichick agreed. Odds are they won't call it at this point in the game if it's not a takedown and odds are that we'll still win even if they do call it. (Jags still having to get a TD down the length of the field with about 1:40 and no timeouts).

Always play the odds.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom