Sales | Syracusefan.com

Sales

Deano

All American
Didn't seem himself tonight, makes you wonder if he was under the weather. Haven't seen him look that non-existant in a while. I think he rebounds against USF.

Uh...

Didn't he have 150+ receiving yards and a TD?

Ryan missed a corner fade to him early in the game by just a fingertip, which could have gone for 40yds. Lemon destroys UConn always, and that didn't end tonight either. I was happy to see Wales utilized. He looks fast for his size...and his size is enormous.

Ryan missed a corner fade to him early in the game by just a fingertip, which could have gone for 40yds. Lemon destroys UConn always, and that didn't end tonight either. I was happy to see Wales utilized. He looks fast for his size...and his size is enormous.
I was joking with a coworker today ( damn Gator ) that we have these wonderful players called Tight Ends and it would be great if we ever learned to throw to them consistently. I was happy to get a txt during the game indicating he thought the message was received

UConn had good corners on the outside, nice job by Hackett attacking the middle of the field.

UConn had good corners on the outside, nice job by Hackett attacking the middle of the field.
Thought the success of the running game opened that up big time tonight.

I'm not going to let your facts get in the way of a good rant!

PS--sorry, Deano!
NP - I think you've had a few drinks like I have tonight so like we say at times "Sh^t happens" :D

I thought their corners did an overall good job. I also think NH did a better job scheming around the corners, attacking the middle, where Lemon is as good as they come. He will be a possession receiver in the NFL, mid rounds. Wales benefited, too, from attacking the middle.

So you can respond to a message...and afterwards the message has changed. Interesting.

Between the dynamic duo of Alex and Alec Lemon, no balls left for Sales.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Saw Marrone talking to him when he came off the field at one point. I wrote in another thread yesterday I thought he looked lethargic and disinterested and was wondering if that was the body language displayed during many practices in years past. If so I can't blame the staff for not playing him before.

Saw Marrone talking to him when he came off the field at one point. I wrote in another thread yesterday I thought he looked lethargic and disinterested and was wondering if that was the body language displayed during many practices in years past. If so I can't blame the staff for not playing him before.
I feel better after reading your post, I thought the same thing. There have been more than a few balls I thought he quit on. Last night was the worst performance. I hope he is sick or banged up.

I wouldn't be surprised if he's getting frustrated with the extra attention coverage wise and playing decoy isn't working for him. If the oline can give Nassib time I'm sure we'll see him doing better...he just needs more touches and HAS to continue working hard.

I feel better after reading your post, I thought the same thing. There have been more than a few balls I thought he quit on. Last night was the worst performance. I hope he is sick or banged up.

Same deal against Minnesota. He looked to be frustrated by the close coverage and played at half-speed until our last drive.

If the oline can give Nassib time I'm sure we'll see him doing better...

I don't get this part at all. You don't think Nassib is getting time to throw the ball?

I don't get this part at all. You don't think Nassib is getting time to throw the ball?

What I'm saying is the more time he gets the more time he has to look at receivers and they have more time to separate.

What I'm saying is the more time he gets the more time he has to look at receivers and they have more time to separate.

Gotcha, I think the O-line has gotten better and Nassib has had more time to make good throws but has not played great. Hard to tell on TV if Nassib is holding the ball too long because the wr's aren't getting open or he's not catching them when they make their breaks.

Wales seems to have a sure set of hands, as well.

Didn't seem himself tonight, makes you wonder if he was under the weather. Haven't seen him look that non-existant in a while. I think he rebounds against USF.
I have to side with him this time. He is being double and triple teamed on almost every play. He also has the other teams best players covering him. Remember if the other team puts that much effort into stopping him it frees up the other recievers like Lemom

I love it when the system works, and the QB finds the open target. As the game evolves it helps if the QB and the OC can communicate between each possession about how the defense is playing the different receivers, and I think we are seeing that. Why does #18 always look at the photographs on the sideline after every possession? He is his own OC. It also helps if the QB can diagnose the coverage pre-snap. Of course, defenses disguise coverage pre-snap so the QB also needs to be able to see what happens once he drops back. If the QB has an idea of what the defense is doing and sees it pre-snap and also when he drops back he should be able to make good quick decisions and timely throws.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseVegas

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom