same ol same ol | Syracusefan.com

same ol same ol

T

tipphill

somehow i expected(and i don't why)something different. alas, i believe it is safe to say that this board of a small slice of the fan base, is extremely angry and is getting close to zero tolerance.(i may be projecting here) as i said in a previous thread,i am renewing my tics and will be at the meadowlands. but su has to give reason to believe(facilities), that they are as committed as this board has been. i just don't see it. i also feel that su is now losing long time fans such as myself.
even when you call the ticket office, in my experience, they are rather drone, un-enthusiastic and at times sound like they are doing you a favor. they could benefit from a class in pr and excitement(even if its feigned). just at a loss----

somehow i expected(and i don't why)something different. alas, i believe it is safe to say that this board of a small slice of the fan base, is extremely angry and is getting close to zero tolerance.(i may be projecting here) as i said in a previous thread,i am renewing my tics and will be at the meadowlands. but su has to give reason to believe(facilities), that they are as committed as this board has been. i just don't see it. i also feel that su is now losing long time fans such as myself.
even when you call the ticket office, in my experience, they are rather drone, un-enthusiastic and at times sound like they are doing you a favor. they could benefit from a class in pr and excitement(even if its feigned). just at a loss----

I never expected anything different. I just learned to live with it. You will feel better once you make this change.

i see much has been deleted and rightfully so.my issue is with the administration and not with marrone. hcdm has to have something to sell and he doesn't.can't win w/o talent,can't get talent w/o facilities, well you know the drill. very little info or "transparency"on what the plans are and timelines. it seems like we the fans are a secondary consideration. don't get me wrong, i get why we are playing in the meadowlands, and can live with it for now. what i also get is the feeling of exploitation, and expectation that we continue to give with out even the respect of an explanation of what if anything is going on.
hey orangepa, if your reading this , how about a throwback festivities game with bands in park on walnut st, sign competion among frats,sororities and dorms, with donated prizes from the merchants. face painting etc---grasping at straws here---but we need to do something to liven up the place.

going to games is a snooze fest-

this quote'' hcdm has to have something to sell and he doesn't.can't win w/o talent,can't get talent w/o facilities," has been in use since coach p- you guys then used it next for the great guru and now for marrone-

we had enough talent to win against wv but not rutgirls?

our problem is we have a head coach who has no balls on offense- why do you think kids on defense want to play here?
schaffer has a huge pair of balls and coach's with them
kids see how conservative the offense is and want nothing to do with it-if you want to compare mack to marrone start with the size of his balls-coach mac had a pair,thats why kids wanted to be part of his offense-he never coached scared even when he didnt have equal talent-he understood and developed a offense that would level the playing field -

basically thats what schaffer has done with the defense-he keeps the other team thinking about what he will do,not what they want to do-does it always work-hell no- but its still exciting to watch and be a part of

when we are on offense you might as well take a nap because you will fall asleep watching- or if you want to stay awake watch and call out what play we will run before it happens, its not like its hard,we run the same plays even when they dont work-
trickery and deception are bad words to marrone- never to be used with his offensive style

A few years ago I was a season ticket holder in both football and basketball, (5 fball and 10 bball tix) I am now only a bball season ticket holder.
There are a few reason for this:
1. The price's keep going up and the dome gets more empty. In the last 2 years I would just buy tickets as needed (there are plenty available) instead of buying season tix that get thrown away should I miss a home game.
2. The orange Pack date has moved up every year.
3. SU wants me to pay Opack for tickets in March but the ticket prices will not be available for months?
4. Rude- the staff does not appreciate me and the money I spend. I am not one to complain, I just don't come back.

I feel a little better now that I vented on paper but I must admit that the bball tickets are the next to go.

I bought 2 tickets for the BE tourney through SU and they made me buy a brick paver? ($125)
They get you coming...going...and standing in line.

A few years ago I was a season ticket holder in both football and basketball, (5 fball and 10 bball tix) I am now only a bball season ticket holder.
There are a few reason for this:
1. The price's keep going up and the dome gets more empty. In the last 2 years I would just buy tickets as needed (there are plenty available) instead of buying season tix that get thrown away should I miss a home game.
2. The orange Pack date has moved up every year.
3. SU wants me to pay Opack for tickets in March but the ticket prices will not be available for months?
4. Rude- the staff does not appreciate me and the money I spend. I am not one to complain, I just don't come back.

I feel a little better now that I vented on paper but I must admit that the bball tickets are the next to go.

I bought 2 tickets for the BE tourney through SU and they made me buy a brick paver? ($125)
They get you coming...going...and standing in line.

+++

and yet most people dont realize its the same experience at every school dealing with tickets and such. Its not just SU doing these things its the industry as a whole.

going to games is a snooze fest-

this quote'' hcdm has to have something to sell and he doesn't.can't win w/o talent,can't get talent w/o facilities," has been in use since coach p- you guys then used it next for the great guru and now for marrone-

we had enough talent to win against wv but not rutgirls?

our problem is we have a head coach who has no balls on offense- why do you think kids on defense want to play here?
schaffer has a huge pair of balls and coach's with them
kids see how conservative the offense is and want nothing to do with it-if you want to compare mack to marrone start with the size of his balls-coach mac had a pair,thats why kids wanted to be part of his offense-he never coached scared even when he didnt have equal talent-he understood and developed a offense that would level the playing field -

basically thats what schaffer has done with the defense-he keeps the other team thinking about what he will do,not what they want to do-does it always work-hell no- but its still exciting to watch and be a part of

when we are on offense you might as well take a nap because you will fall asleep watching- or if you want to stay awake watch and call out what play we will run before it happens, its not like its hard,we run the same plays even when they dont work-
trickery and deception are bad words to marrone- never to be used with his offensive style
yea mac had balls went for a fg against auburn when he could have put them away and then blamed dye for going for a tie---yea right--and who compared mac to marrone except yourself---

coach mac had a pair,thats why kids wanted to be part of his offense

And yet, when his 1985 team lost 5 straight to close out the season, many fans used the same kind of arguments to try and get him fired.

Yep it was really exciting to watch our defense give up 400 yards every game last year.

Yep it was really exciting to watch our defense give up 400 yards every game last year.

And not be able to stop any third down play under five yards.

But no. That's the fault of the offense because they ranked in the 90s in yards gained all season, while the defense ranked in the 50s for yards allowed.

so 1 bad year of d-is now equal to 3 years of bad offense? and its not like marrone has given schaffer any players to work with

it was a bowl game your talking about-you put it on the line to get to bowl games- nothing wrong with keeping the score close in a bowl game-

also you cant be serious when you say im the one who did the comparisons between mac and marrone-thats a outright lie
its the excuse used most by those who find no fault in the great one

also i laughed my azz off on your comparison of mac offense to marrones-lol find a single game here or there to make your point instead of looking at the whole picture-even in a 5 game skid macs offense was watchable,heck even if they only scored 7 points it was fun to watch-

marrone has had very few offensive fun to watch games-his idea isnt to win its not to lose-to say otherwise shows a total lack of knowledge based on the facts

whats real funny to me is -you find more faults with my posts about the state of the program than you do the actual issues killing the program-

ill say it again-you would not paint such a rosy picture of the future if marrone wasn't a alumni-
6 big east wins in 3 years when the league is dismal -2 non conference road wins in 3 years from teams with a combined 4-20 record-

so 1 bad year of d-is now equal to 3 years of bad offense? and its not like marrone has given schaffer any players to work with

it was a bowl game your talking about-you put it on the line to get to bowl games- nothing wrong with keeping the score close in a bowl game-

also you cant be serious when you say im the one who did the comparisons between mac and marrone-thats a outright lie
its the excuse used most by those who find no fault in the great one

also i laughed my azz off on your comparison of mac offense to marrones-lol find a single game here or there to make your point instead of looking at the whole picture-even in a 5 game skid macs offense was watchable,heck even if they only scored 7 points it was fun to watch-

marrone has had very few offensive fun to watch games-his idea isnt to win its not to lose-to say otherwise shows a total lack of knowledge based on the facts

whats real funny to me is -you find more faults with my posts about the state of the program than you do the actual issues killing the program-

ill say it again-you would not paint such a rosy picture of the future if marrone wasn't a alumni-
6 big east wins in 3 years when the league is dismal -2 non conference road wins in 3 years from teams with a combined 4-20 record-
i don't know the "you"that YOU are referring to do you??

And I must admit that I haven't been printing out these threads at all. :)

Yep, same post all over again.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KD95

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom