San Diego St / CBS 9:40 PM | Page 15 | Syracusefan.com

San Diego St / CBS 9:40 PM

Thinking 40+ minutes combined for Big Bob and Edwards. Less than 20 for Griff.
Depends if Griff is Invisible or on Fire! We seem to get both versions without notice.

I worry about Matt Mitchell...he is a man. Reminds me of Jerome Lane from Pitt. If he plays in the high post he could do some damage getting our guys in foul trouble on drives or hitting 14 footers.

I worry about this matchup the most (Mitchell)...but they also have some excellent three point shooters. We just need to make sure the team shoots around .33% from three. We don't need some guy go off against us like GMac did against BYU about 15 years ago.

Not sure what you mean. The game times are the same as they've always been from what I can tell.
nothing really changed on times.. was always pods of 4 games spread over 2-3 hrs with a small break around 6.. the real difference it used to be 2 games break and 2 games at 4 areanas.. now it looks like 5 areanas are being used with gaps between games of 1-2 hrs. still .

Its still noon to 10 game starts

It’s 8:40 central time.
We will be fine.
We beat Indiana State in 2011 in the late window it was the last game started in the first round.
Your point still stands but Indianapolis is in the eastern time zone.

Alex, "I'll take "Famous 2-15 3pt shooting games for SDSU losses" for $600
daily double GIF by Jeopardy!

Came across this interview of SDSU's coach which I found informative. They are all very optimistic about not only beating us, but also advancing deep into the tournament. Coach Dutcher said they haven't faced a 2-3 zone all year, but they seem to feel they have plenty of time to prepare for it. (And they seem to think that the key will be hitting threes against us...and that's good for us, eh?:))

What gives me confidence, of course, is Jim Boeheim having several days to prepare his team for what looks like a very capable and very experienced opponent. I've got a feeling that SDSU is going to be another of those good Tournament teams that won't know what hit them...

Came across this interview of SDSU's coach which I found informative. They are all very optimistic about not only beating us, but also advancing deep into the tournament. Coach Dutcher said they haven't faced a 2-3 zone all year, but they seem to feel they have plenty of time to prepare for it. (And they seem to think that the key will be hitting threes against us...and that's good for us, eh?:))

What gives me confidence, of course, is Jim Boeheim having several days to prepare his team for what looks like a very capable and very experienced opponent. I've got a feeling that SDSU is going to be another of those good Tournament teams that won't know what hit them...
SDSU needs to focus on preparing for WVU, a real team. Of course, WVU is probably looking at the 2nd round game against Cuse and looking right past Morehead St.

Of all of them, the one analyst I truly respect for his opinions is Bilas.
But Bilas said they are not a good shooting team. They have been VG over the season but SDSU has been in a shooting slump the last half dozen games...hopefully they extend it for one more game.

isn't that the team that Forde thinks should have gotten into the tourney instead of us?
Did you see Vitale slobbering over Belmont last night? They only have one loss but no wins versus Q 1 or 2. Tough break for them...so I thought to myself well the NIT will give them a chance...Nope.

Weird year for schools like Belmont as they didn't play any guarantee games or tournaments to get some scalps. BL: You have to win your conference tourney as a low major.

What gives me confidence, of course, is Jim Boeheim having several days to prepare his team for what looks like a very capable and very experienced opponent. I've got a feeling that SDSU is going to be another of those good Tournament teams that won't know what hit them..

A little deceiving. I thought he came across very respectful and not at all overconfident. A couple of the players called out 2-3 zone as though they were excited which is probably a bit overzealous but Dutcher seemed very respectful and confident in his own team. Not much bulletin board in that interview to me.

I'm not against this, I'd probably pay a ticket to see this.
He stole that from me...my patented move playing games in the Air Force on alert duty. That move was a 100% surefire miracle maker in my mind 12 percent of the time in reality.

Last edited:
Did you see Vitale slobbering over Belmont last night? They only have one loss but no wins versus Q 1 or 2. Tough break for them...so I thought to myself well the NIT will give them a chance...Nope.

Weird year for schools like Belmont as they didn't play any guarantee games or tournaments to get some scalps. BL: You have to win your conference tourney as a low major.

oh yeah, I saw it, it was painful watching Dick, he needs to retire. anyway, your point is well taken, they just needed to win their conference tourney this year more than ever because they just did not get the OOC chances they normally would. I was shocked that the NIT left them out, particularly with SJU, SHU, Duke and Xavier all passing on it

A little deceiving. I thought he came across very respectful and not at all overconfident. A couple of the players called out 2-3 zone as though they were excited which is probably a bit overzealous but Dutcher seemed very respectful and confident in his own team. Not much bulletin board in that interview to me.
Well I didn't say Dutcher was disrespectful, but his comments re: spending 'weeks' there in Indianapolis were a reflection of the teams overall confidence. And as you pointed out, their 3-pt shooters were excited about playing against a zone...

And I'm not saying that's a bad thing...if yer not confident about yer prospects, you don't really belong there. I certainly wasn't denigrating them for being optimistic/hopeful and I wasn't suggesting that they had give us some bulletin board material.

Just an observation re: their mindset while noting how JB has repeatedly shocked some good teams like this in the NCAAT many, many times before...

I assume we don’t know tip time for our potential 2nd round match up, right?

I think the last 3 or 4 Cuse NCAAT games have been very late (Baylor, TCU, Arizona State, Duke?)

Playing at Butler's Gym Hinkle Fieldhouse

One of those Bucket List gyms...

Rather have Lucas (as we are used to playing in Domes) but this is okay too

Wow. SDSU is a rock solid squad. Bunch of winners. Remember, they would’ve been a #1 seed last year, but the Tournament was cancelled. Don’t fall for the smaller conference narrative or live off the Aircraft Carrier game from 9-10 years ago, tough challenge here for any squad, including ours. In recent times, the Aztecs are easily the second-best program on the West Coast, with only Gonzaga being superior.
SD STATE lost three other top six players from that team last year and they lost one of their best shooters this year After playing 7 games

I assume we don’t know tip time for our potential 2nd round match up, right?
correct depends on results. Only thing that is none is we arent playing in hinkel if we advance as they are making the teams all change locations after every game until sweet 16

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whodatnatn

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom