San Diego St / CBS 9:40 PM | Page 17 | Syracusefan.com

San Diego St / CBS 9:40 PM

He basically picked every 11, 12, 13 and 14 seed to win except us.

Last nice that dweeb picked a team (a 13 or 14 seed) and said "remember you heard it from me first". He picks about 2/3rd's of those games for the dogs and then will let people know when he gets its right.

What an asshat
I still recall him saying Middle Tennessee was a "stone cold lock" to beat us in 2016. Its March, we are a lower seed. Recently this means we go on runs, its what we do. Let's win some damn basketball games!

I still recall him saying Middle Tennessee was a "stone cold lock" to beat us in 2016. Its March, we are a lower seed. Recently this means we go on runs, its what we do. Let's win some damn basketball games!

Who was that 3 point shooter with the cool name on MTSU ?

The teaser makes it sound like Sportsline's AI picked SU as an upset pick in the first round. I don't have access to be sure. Sportsline picked 15 out of the 26 double digit first round upsets in last four tourneys. I don't know how good that rate of success is. Sounds good...

Not sure where this post should go so I will post here.

I understand SDSU has cooled off a bit from deep their last 10 or so games. I don't put much stock into that though. They have 3-4 very capable shooters. If we are not careful, this could turn into the Baylor game from 2 years ago. Absolutely imperative we don't let them get good looks early. The defensive intensity has to be absolutely there from the start. I swear, if we see a 46% shooter get a wide open look from the top of the key on the first possession...
People have to remember getting open threes is different against a zone vs man defense. It will be interesting how they play against our zone.

thats a shame.gif

Stick with the zone no matter how things are going lol. True but also interesting on those comments.

Not sure where this post should go so I will post here.

I understand SDSU has cooled off a bit from deep their last 10 or so games. I don't put much stock into that though. They have 3-4 very capable shooters. If we are not careful, this could turn into the Baylor game from 2 years ago. Absolutely imperative we don't let them get good looks early. The defensive intensity has to be absolutely there from the start. I swear, if we see a 46% shooter get a wide open look from the top of the key on the first possession...

Rewatched that game a couple weeks ago, Baylor really went after Buddy in the zone that game and got so many looks. If Frank wasn't suspended I think they would've won. Wasn't Buddy's fault though since he wasn't ready for a huge role yet.

You're right though, they gotta guard the 3 point line well in order to win. Hopefully we don't see repeat history.

Any chance AG and Buddy swap spots on D so Griffin can use his quicks guarding the line? SDSU is supposedly not real big across the back line so maybe Buddy can hang there unless it’s too risky to pick up fouls.

My 91 year old cousin called me today from San Diego to discuss the game. He has become an Aztecs fan over the 40 years of owning a winter home in San Diego, and especially since they sold their Chicago home about 6 years ago and became full time in San Diego. He was my father's first cousin. I haven't spoken to him in probably 3-4 years since my parent's passed away. It was so cute. We had a great conversation, and will talk again next week after the game. See what else college basketball does?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whodatnatn

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom